- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Veterinary Medicine International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 658373, 8 pages
Characterization of the Fungal Microbiome (Mycobiome) in Fecal Samples from Dogs
1Gastrointestinal Laboratory, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
2Molecular Research DNA Laboratory, Shallowater, TX 79363, USA
Received 21 December 2012; Revised 4 April 2013; Accepted 5 April 2013
Academic Editor: Lorraine M. Sordillo
Copyright © 2013 M. Lauren Foster et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kristoffer Relling Tysnes, Ellen Skancke, and Lucy J. Robertson, “Subclinical Giardia in dogs: a veterinary conundrum relevant to human infection,” Trends in Parasitology, 2014.
- P. H. Kook, M. Drögemüller, T. Leeb, S. Hinden, M. Ruetten, and J. Howard, “Hepatic fungal infection in a young beagle with unrecognised hereditary cobalamin deficiency (Imerslund-Gräsbeck syndrome),” Journal of Small Animal Practice, 2014.
- Paul J.J. Mandigers, Mirjam B.H.M. Duijvestijn, Nynke Ankringa, Sofie Maes, Elise van Essen, Anky H.W. Schoormans, Alexander J. German, and Dirk J. Houwers, “The clinical significance of Cyniclomyces guttulatus in dogs with chronic diarrhoea, a survey and a prospective treatment study,” Veterinary Microbiology, 2014.
- Fabio Minervini, Anna Lattanzi, Maria De Angelis, Giuseppe Celano, and Marco Gobbetti, “House microbiotas as sources of lactic acid bacteria and yeasts in traditional Italian sourdoughs,” Food Microbiology, 2015.
- Blake C. Guard, James W. Barr, Lavanya Reddivari, Cory Klemashevich, Arul Jayaraman, Joerg M. Steiner, Jairam Vanamala, and Jan S. Suchodolski, “Characterization of Microbial Dysbiosis and Metabolomic Changes in Dogs with Acute Diarrhea,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 5, 2015.
- Mary L. Foster, Muhammad U. Sohail, Christian Leutenegger, Erica V. Queen, Joerg M. Steiner, Stanley L. Marks, and Jan S. Suchodolski, “The Fecal Microbiome in Cats with Diarrhea,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 5, 2015.
- Jinxue Luo, Jinsong Zhang, Robert J. Barnes, Xiaohui Tan, Diane McDougald, Anthony G. Fane, Guoqiang Zhuang, Staffan Kjelleberg, Yehuda Cohen, and Scott A. Rice, “The application of nitric oxide to control biofouling of membrane bioreactors,” Microbial Biotechnology, 2015.
- Courtney Meason-Smith, Alison Diesel, Adam P. Patterson, Caitlin E. Older, Joanne M. Mansell, Jan S. Suchodolski, and Aline Rodrigues Hoffmann, “What is living on your dog's skin? Characterization of the canine cutaneous mycobiota and fungal dysbiosis in canine allergic dermatitis,” FEMS Microbiology Ecology, vol. 91, no. 12, pp. fiv139, 2015.
- Olivia Guass, Lisa Meier Haapanen, Scot E. Dowd, Ana Širović, and Richard William McLaughlin, “Analysis of the microbial diversity in faecal material of the endangered blue whale, Balaenoptera musculus,” Antonie van Leeuwenhoek, 2016.
- Dongqing Zhang, Jinxue Luo, Zarraz May Ping Lee, Richard M. Gersberg, Yu Liu, Soon Keat Tan, and Wun Jern Ng, “Characterization of microbial communities in wetland mesocosms receiving caffeine-enriched wastewater,” Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2016.
- Jan S. Suchodolski, “Diagnosis and interpretation of intestinal dysbiosis in dogs and cats,” The Veterinary Journal, 2016.
- Dongqing Zhang, Jinxue Luo, Zarraz May Ping Lee, Richard M. Gersberg, Yu Liu, Soon Keat Tan, and Wun Jern Ng, “Ibuprofen removal in horizontal subsurface flow constructed wetlands: treatment performance and fungal community dynamics,” Environmental Technology, pp. 1–13, 2016.
- Silke Schmitz, and Jan Suchodolski, “Understanding the canine intestinal microbiota and its modification by pro-, pre- and synbiotics - what is the evidence?,” Veterinary Medicine and Science, 2016.