As a researcher, you know that the process of writing a manuscript can be a daunting task. On top of numerous obligations, it takes time to craft an exceptional manuscript, ensuring that your research is accurately represented and communicates naturally to the international communities you are trying to reach. However, even the most experienced writers can benefit from a little extra help. This is where Hindawi’s partnership with Writefull comes in.
To support researchers who submit to our journals, we aim to help you reduce the time and effort needed to create a well-structured manuscript. A well-structured and well-written manuscript is easier for editors to evaluate, and may increase the chance of your work being accepted for publication. With AI-based language tool Writefull, it’s free for Hindawi authors to improve the overall clarity and coherence of your writing, as well as ensuring your manuscript meets the requirements to be handled by an editor.
How does Writefull help authors?
- Saves you time checking and finalizing your manuscript ahead of submission.
- Straightforward and actionable suggestions are provided to improve grammar, spelling, and specific scientific language
- Structural checks make sure your manuscript has all the sections it needs for publication. This can help you ensure you’ve not missed a citation or affiliation somewhere and that all necessary information is included.
- You could save time on peer review if your paper is easier for reviewers to read and has all the required sections
- Your research could be easier for your audience to read and understand in its final published form
- Writefull is free to use for Hindawi authors, when accessed via the Hindawi submission system
Watch this video to learn more about the benefits of Writefull >>
How does it work?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use Writefull for your next manuscript submission.
- When starting a submission in the Hindawi system, you will see a pop-up box that reads “Check your manuscript for errors before submitting.”
- Or you can access Writefull directly via this link.
- Click “Upload manuscript” to begin using Writefull
- Read and agree to the terms of service, then click “Upload manuscript”
- Select your manuscript file and click “Open”
- Within seconds, you’ll receive a Manuscript Structure Report (on the left) and a Language Assessment Report (on the right)
- You will be given the chance to download these reports if you want to, click "Download your reports," and then select “Download” next to the relevant reports
- Review your reports, share with your co-authors, and make changes to the manuscript as you see fit
- You are then encouraged to navigate back to the Hindawi submission system to submit your updated manuscript
Improve your next submission with Writefull >>
This blog post is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). Illustration adapted from Adobe Stock by Samuel Jennings.