Reporting into the Head of Editorial Operations, the role would be working with the Editorial and Operations teams to manage the manuscript flow from submission to publication, to ensure that the publishing process runs as smoothly as possible. The role holder will act as an escalation point for vendor-based staff on complex editorial cases, work on projects to implement new editorial policy and processes, and provide feedback on where efficiency improvements can be made.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a central London location, a relaxed and supportive work environment, and the opportunity to contribute to scientific progress.
• Be the point of contact for our Academic Editors relating to issues with manuscripts.
• Act as an escalation point for our Operations and vendor teams throughout the peer review process.
• Report admin-based tasks to Head of Editorial Operations for consideration of outsourcing possibilities.
• Work on projects related to editorial policy and processes as instructed by Head of Editorial Operations.
• Create workflows and write documentation required for processes as needed.
• Report bugs related to peer review tools where Editors are experiencing difficulties.
• Provide feedback relating to peer review tools for enhancements.
• Ensure journals are represented in relevant indexing services and prepare journals for acceptance by additional services.
• Educated to degree level
• Previous experience in the publishing industry
• Knowledge of peer review and the publishing process
• An interest in Open Access publishing
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organisational skills, with attention to detail
• A positive and proactive approach to problem-solving in daily tasks
• Able to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels
• A high level of computer literacy
• Experience of using different peer review systems
• Competitive salary
• Matching pension funding (4% of salary)
• Private medical and dental insurance
• Season ticket loan
Applications will be considered on a continuous basis, so early applications are encouraged. To apply for the position, please send your CV and cover letter, including salary expectations, notice period, and your motivation for working with us to firstname.lastname@example.org.