Reporting into the Research Integrity Manager, the Research Integrity Editor is responsible for the assessment of potential concerns raised during the peer review process or in published articles. As part of the role, the Research Integrity Editor works closely with the Research Integrity Manager and the wider Editorial and Publishing Operations team on Editorial and Research Integrity projects. Applicants will ideally have a degree in a STEM discipline and have at least two years of publishing experience, including exposure to or awareness of research integrity issues.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a central London location, a relaxed and supportive work environment, and the opportunity to contribute to scientific progress.
● Investigations of authors, reviewers, and editors as directed by the Research Integrity Manager.
● Assessing potential research integrity concerns arising in manuscripts under consideration, and in published articles.
● Preparing and editing correction and retraction notices.
● Consulting editorial board members.
● Preparing reports for institutions and contacting them.
● Contacting other journals/publishers.
● Contributing to Editorial and Research Integrity projects as required by the Research Integrity Manager.
● Cover for the Editorial team when required.
● A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in the publishing industry.
● Degree in a scientific discipline (in addition to life sciences and physical sciences we are interested in people with a computer science, mathematics or engineering background), further degree a plus.
● Knowledge of peer review and the publishing process.
● An interest in Open Access publishing, ethics, integrity and the editorial process.
● Experience in a customer-facing role or using CRM software and/or manuscript tracking systems is preferred.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Strong organisational skills, with attention to detail.
● A positive and proactive approach to problem-solving in daily tasks.
● Able to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels.
● A high level of computer literacy.
● Experience of working in a startup and/or tech environment desirable.
● Competitive salary
● Matching pension funding (4% of salary)
● Private medical and dental insurance
● Season ticket loan
To apply for the position, please send your CV and cover letter, including salary expectations, notice period, and your motivation for working with us to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a continuous basis, so early applications are encouraged.