Reporting to the Director of Publishing Insight, the Insight Analyst will be responsible for building and maintaining dashboards from the company’s internal database using business intelligence software. They will also provide periodic commentary and interpretation based on these dashboards to key stakeholders—supporting efficient running of the business. Competency in SQL will be key to their ability to excel in the role. Additional programming languages would be a plus. The successful hire will predominantly focus on one area of the business but should expect to interact with multiple teams and be comfortable communicating with all levels of seniority.
This is a hybrid role with a minimum of two days per week in our London office.
- Help build and maintain data visualizations and dashboards to track important metrics, ensuring publishing trends and opportunities are identified
- Provide periodic commentary and interpretation of dashboards to stakeholders
- Under supervision, help prepare analytical reports in response to specific research questions to inform business decisions and strategy
- Contribute to internal documentation of research methodologies and findings
- Build ad-hoc reports in response to urgent business requirements
- Be point of contact for day-to-day questions from data stakeholders
- Two years in data analytics or business intelligence role (preferably in the publishing industry)
- Familiarity with the principles of scholarly journal publishing
- Detail-oriented approach and a desire for excellence
- Understanding of basic statistical methodologies
- Ability to communicate complex data and ideas clearly and with impact
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- One or more programming languages including SQL
- Commercial and business awareness (desirable)
- Adeptness with a business intelligence software (strongly desirable)
- A passion and curiosity for developments in data and technology
To apply for the position, please send your CV and cover letter, including salary expectations, notice period, and your motivation for working with us to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a continuous basis, so early applications are encouraged.