We are currently looking for a Publishing Editor to join our growing team in London. We are keen to hear from those with a background in the physical sciences, particularly mathematics and physics — however we will consider all applicants with the right editorial experience and an ability to adapt to new subject areas.
The primary goal of this role will be to develop close working
relationships with members of the editorial boards, and to devise and implement journal development strategies on the journals within the portfolio.
What we will need from you
- To be the key point of contact for your Chief, Associate, and Academic Editors and build a close working relationship with them
- To help us prioritise journals for development and create as well as implement a strategy plan
- To ensure journals are represented in relevant indexing services and prepare journals for acceptance by additional services
- To develop knowledge of the research areas of your portfolio and use this knowledge to actively identify journal development opportunities
- To work alongside all stakeholders to increase journal visibility, submissions, and reputation within the field
To apply for this role you would need
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in the publishing industry
- Degree in a scientific discipline, further degree a plus
- Knowledge of peer review and the publishing process
- An interest in Open Access publishing
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A keen attention to detail
- A positive and proactive approach to problem-solving in daily tasks
- Able to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels
To apply for the position, please send your CV and cover letter, including salary expectations, notice period, and your motivation for working with us to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a continuous basis, so early applications are encouraged.
At Hindawi, our aim is to maximize the impact of scientific research by placing the researcher at the heart of everything we do. If you resonate with this, we are looking forward to hearing from you!