Open Access agreements
At Hindawi, we aim to maximize the impact of scientific research through openness and global collaboration. Because we believe that science works best when research is open.
As a part of Wiley, Hindawi has a number of agreements in place with institutions and funders via Transformational Agreements and/or Wiley Open Access Accounts – to help authors publish open access and ensure compliance with open access policies.
With Wiley Open Access Accounts, your institution or funder may cover all or part of your open access Article Processing Charge (APCs) for affiliated authors.
Use the following resources to learn how you may be able to publish Open Access at no cost to you.
Am I eligible?
Your institution or funder may agree to cover your Open Access publishing fee as part of their agreement.
Affiliation policy and payments
Explore the agreement pages below to learn whether your APCs could be covered by your institution and what the individual requirements are.
*Corresponding authors affiliated with the following institutions may qualify to publish open access at no charge to the author. To qualify, articles must be published in a Wiley or Hindawi fully open access journal† (submitted on or after 1 January 2023) or published open access in a hybrid journal (accepted on or after 1 January 2023).
- Baylor University
- Boston College
- Brandeis University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Clark University
- Colorado State University
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- Lehigh University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Miami University
- Montana State University
- Northeastern University
- Portland State University
- Princeton University
- Southern Methodist University
- Syracuse University
- Texas A&M University
- Texas Christian University
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Thomas Jefferson University
- Tulane University
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- University of North Texas (UNT) Health Science Center
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- U.S. Department of Energy
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, brought to you by the Research Library
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory, brought to you by the NREL Library
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, brought to you by the Research Library
- Washington State University
† Fully owned by Hindawi or published by Hindawi on behalf of Wiley
Are you a librarian looking for more information on your Wiley Open Access Account?
Explore resources designed for librarians and administrators who play a role in the Open Access publication management in their institutions via the Wiley training hub.