- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 965418, 8 pages
Series Resistance Analysis of Passivated Emitter Rear Contact Cells Patterned Using Inkjet Printing
1Electrical Engineering Department, School of Photovoltaic and Renewable Energy Engineering, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
2Energy Australia, Sydney, NSW 2001, Australia
Received 1 March 2012; Revised 4 August 2012; Accepted 22 August 2012
Academic Editor: Fengqiang Sun
Copyright © 2012 Martha A. T. Lenio et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Suntech Power Co. Ltd., http://www.suntech-power.com/.
- E. Schneiderlochner, R. Preu, R. Ldemann, and S. W. Glunz, “Laser-fired rear contacts for crystalline silicon solar cells,” Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 29–34, 2002.
- B. S. Tjahjono, L. Mai, Z. Hameiri et al., “High efficiency solar cell structures through the use of laser doping,” in Proceedings of the 22nd European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, pp. 966–969, Milan, Italy, 2007.
- R. Y. Utama, A. J. Lennon, M. A. Lenio et al., “Inkjet printing for high efficiency selective emitter silicon solar cells,” in Proceedings of the 22nd European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, pp. 1687–1690, Valencia, Spain, 2008.
- A. J. Lennon, R. Y. Utama, M. A. T. Lenio, A. W. Y. Ho-Baillie, N. B. Kuepper, and S. R. Wenham, “Forming openings to semiconductor layers of silicon solar cells by inkjet printing,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 92, no. 11, pp. 1410–1415, 2008.
- T. Bruton, N. Mason, S. Roberts et al., “Towards 20% efficient silicon solar cells manufactured at 60 MWp per annum,” in Proceddings of the 3rd World Conference on Photovoltaic Energy Conversion, pp. 899–902, Osaka, Japan, May 2003.
- A. Wang, High efficiency PERC and PERL silicon solar cells [Ph.D. thesis], Department of Electrical Engineering, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, 1992.
- M. Lenio, J. Howard, F. Jentschke, A. Lennon, and S. Wenham, “Design, fabrication and analysis of high efficiency inkjet printed passivated emitter rear contacted solar cells,” in Proceedings of the 37th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conferenc (PVSC '11), Seattle, Wash, USA, 2011.
- M. Aleman, N. Bay, M. Fabritius, and S. Glunz, “Characterization of electroless nickel plating on silicon solar cells for the front side metallization,” in Proceedings of the 22nd European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, pp. 1590–1592, Milan, Italy, 2007.
- D. Pysch, A. Mette, and S. W. Glunz, “A review and comparison of different methods to determine the series resistance of solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 91, no. 18, pp. 1698–1706, 2007.
- T. Trupke, E. Pink, R. A. Bardos, and M. D. Abbott, “Spatially resolved series resistance of silicon solar cells obtained from luminescence imaging,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 9, Article ID 093506, 3 pages, 2007.
- H. Kampwerth, T. Trupke, J. W. Weber, and Y. Augarten, “Advanced luminescence based effective series resistance imaging of silicon solar cells,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 20, Article ID 202102, 3 pages, 2008.
- Transene Company Inc., http://www.transene.com/.
- N. C. Wyeth, “Sheet resistance component of series resistance in a solar cell as a function of grid geometry,” Solid State Electronics, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 629–634, 1977.
- L. D. Nielsen, “Distributed series resistance effects in solar cells,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 821–827, 1982.
- J. Zhao, A. Wang, and M. A. Green, “Series resistance caused by the localized rear contact in high efficiency silicon solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 89–94, 1994.
- B. Gelmont and M. Shur, “Spreading resistance of a round ohmic contact,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 143–146, 1993.
- M. A. T. Lenio, A. J. Lennon, A. Ho-Baillie, and S. R. Wenham, “Effect of electroless nickel on the series resistance of high-efficiency inkjet printed passivated emitter rear contacted solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 12, pp. 2102–2107, 2010.
- E. J. Lee, D. S. Kim, and S. H. Lee, “Ni/Cu metallization for low-cost high-efficiency PERC cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 74, no. 1–4, pp. 65–70, 2002.
- S. Sze and K. K. Ng, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, NJ, USA, 3rd edition, 2007.
- K. K. Ng and R. Liu, “On the calculation of specific contact resistivity on silicon,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 37, pp. 1535–1537, 1990.
- P. Wurfel, Physics of Solar Cells, vol. 1, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 2005.
- A. Milne, The passivated emitter and rear solar cell [Ph.D. thesis], Department of Electrical Engineering, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, 1991.
- G. A. DiBari, “Nickel plating,” Metal Finishing, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 259–279, 1995.
- Technic Inc., “SEMCON semiconductor plating tools,” http://www.technic.com/.