- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 568479, 7 pages
The Production of Nickel-Chromium-Molybdenum Alloy with Open Pore Structure as an Implant and the Investigation of Its Biocompatibility In Vivo
1Department of Metallurgy Education, Gazi Vocational High School, Directorate of National Education, 23100 Elazig, Turkey
2Department of Surgery, Faculty of Veterinary, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey
Received 29 January 2013; Accepted 21 March 2013
Academic Editor: Hamdy Doweidar
Copyright © 2013 Yusuf Er and Emine Unsaldi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Murugan and S. Ramakrishna, “Bioresorbable composite bone paste using polysaccharide based nano hydroxyapatite,” Biomaterials, vol. 25, no. 17, pp. 3829–3835, 2004.
- F. Sarsilmaz, N. Orhan, E. Unsaldi, A. S. Durmus, and N. Colakoglu, “A polyethylene-high proportion hydroxyapatite implant and its investigation in vivo,” Acta of Bioengineering and Biomechanics, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 9–16, 2007.
- R. Murugan and S. Ramakrishna, “Development of nanocomposites for bone grafting,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 65, no. 15-16, pp. 2385–2406, 2005.
- K. Anselme, “Osteoblast adhesion on biomaterials,” Biomaterials, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 667–681, 2000.
- L. D. Zardiackas, L. D. Dillon, D. W. Mitchell, L. A. Nunnery, and R. Poggie, “Structure, metallurgy, and mechanical properties of a porous tantalum foam,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 180–187, 2001.
- A. J. T. Clemow, A. M. Weinstein, J. J. Klawitter, J. J. Koeneman, and J. J. Anderson, “Interface mechanics of porous titanium implants,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 73–82, 1981.
- C. E. Wen, M. Mabuchi, Y. Yamada, K. Shimojima, Y. Chino, and T. Asahina, “Processing of biocompatible porous Ti and Mg,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 45, no. 10, pp. 1147–1153, 2001.
- E. Tsuruga, H. Takita, H. Itoh, Y. Wakisaka, and Y. Kuboki, “Pore size of porous hydroxyapatite as the cell-substratum controls BMP-induced osteogenesis,” Journal of Biochemistry, vol. 121, no. 2, pp. 317–324, 1997.
- L. J. Gibson and M. F. Ashby, Cellular Solids: Structure and Properties, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1997.
- M. W. Christopher, M. S. Richard, J. P. F. Garry, and J. D. Alison, “Dental materials,” Dental, vol. 982, p. 10, 2006.
- Y. Yamada, K. Shimojima, Y. Sakaguchi et al., “Processing of an open-cellular AZ91 magnesium alloy with a low density of 0.05 g/cm3,” Journal of Materials Science Letters, vol. 18, no. 18, pp. 1477–1480, 1999.
- Y. Yamada, K. Shimojima, Y. Sakaguchi et al., “Effects of heat treatment on compressive properties of AZ91 Mg and SG91A Al foams with open-cell structure,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 280, no. 1, pp. 225–228, 2000.
- D. T. Queheillalt, Y. Katsumura, and H. N. G. Wadley, “Synthesis of stochastic open cell Ni-based foams,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 313–317, 2004.
- M. Long and H. J. Rack, “Titanium alloys in total joint replacement—a materials science perspective,” Biomaterials, vol. 19, no. 18, pp. 1621–1639, 1998.
- D. Curran, Metal Foams, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2001.
- B. Y. Li, L. J. Rong, Y. Y. Li, and V. E. Gjunter, “Synthesis of porous Ni-Ti shape-memory alloys by self-propagating high-temperature synthesis: reaction mechanism and anisotropy in pore structure,” Acta Materialia, vol. 48, no. 15, pp. 3895–3904, 2000.
- S. Kujala, J. Ryhänen, A. Danilov, and J. Tuukkanen, “Effect of porosity on the osteointegration and bone ingrowth of a weight-bearing nickel-titanium bone graft substitute,” Biomaterials, vol. 24, no. 25, pp. 4691–4697, 2003.
- C. N. Cornell and J. M. Lane, “Current understanding of osteoconduction in bone regeneration,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 355, pp. S267–S273, 1998.