- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Materials Science and Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 853289, 5 pages
The Effect of Negative Poisson’s Ratio Polyurethane Scaffolds for Articular Cartilage Tissue Engineering Applications
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Graduate School, Inje University, Gimhae 621-749, Republic of Korea
Received 16 May 2013; Accepted 21 August 2013
Academic Editor: Hamdy Doweidar
Copyright © 2013 Yeong Jun Park and Jeong Koo Kim. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. W. Patrick Jr., A. G. Mikos, and L. V. McIntire, “Prospectus of tissue engineering,” in Frontiers in Tissue Engineering, pp. 3–14, Elsevier Science, New York, NY, USA, 1998.
- Y. M. Jung, M. S. Park, J. W. Lee, et al., “Cartilage regeneration with highly-elastic three-dimensional scaffolds prepared from biodegradable poly(l-lactide-co-ε-caprolactone),” Biomaterials, vol. 29, no. 35, pp. 4630–4636, 2008.
- Y. Wang, D. J. Blasioli, H. J. Kim, H. S. Kim, and D. L. Kaplan, “Cartilage tissue engineering with silk scaffolds and human articular chondrocytes,” Biomaterials, vol. 27, no. 25, pp. 4434–4442, 2006.
- D. W. Hutmacher, “Scaffolds in tissue engineering bone and cartilage,” Biomaterials, vol. 21, no. 24, pp. 2529–2543, 2000.
- J. B. Choi and R. S. Lakes, “Analysis of elastic modulus of conventional foams and of re-entrant foam materials with a negative Poisson's ratio,” International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 51–59, 1995.
- H. Wan, H. Ohtaki, S. Kotosaka, and G. Hu, “A study of negative Poisson's ratios in auxetic honeycombs based on a large deflection model,” European Journal of Mechanics, A/Solids, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 95–106, 2004.
- B. Brandel and R. S. Lakes, “Negative Poisson's ratio polyethylene foams,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 36, no. 24, pp. 5885–5893, 2001.
- D. Prall and R. S. Lakes, “Properties of a chiral honeycomb with a Poisson's ratio of -1,” International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 305–314, 1997.
- H. Ohtaki, G. Hu, Y. Nagasaka, and S. Kotosaka, “Analysis of negative Poisson's ratios of re-entrant honeycombs,” JSME International Journal A, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 113–121, 2004.
- J. N. Grima, R. Gatt, N. Ravirala, A. Alderson, and K. E. Evans, “Negative Poisson's ratios in cellular foam materials,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 423, no. 1-2, pp. 214–218, 2006.
- W. Yang, Z. M. Li, W. Shi, B. H. Xie, and M. B. Yang, “Review on auxetic materials,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 3269–3279, 2004.
- D. Y. Fozdar, P. Soman, J. W. Lee, L.-H. Han, and S. Chen, “Three-dimensional polymer constructs exhibiting a tunable negative Poisson's ratio,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 21, no. 14, pp. 2712–2720, 2011.
- J. B. Choi and R. S. Lakes, “Nonlinear properties of polymer cellular materials with a negative Poisson's ratio,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 27, no. 17, pp. 4678–4684, 1992.
- R. D. Widdle Jr., A. K. Bajaj, and P. Davies, “Measurement of the Poisson's ratio of flexible polyurethane foam and its influence on a uniaxial compression model,” International Journal of Engineering Science, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 31–49, 2008.
- A. Butenhoff, R. S. Lakes, and Y. C. Wang, “Influence of cell size on re-entrant transformation of negative Poisson's ratio reticulated polyurethane foams,” Cellular Polymers, vol. 20, no. 4–6, pp. 373–385, 2001.