- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Active and Passive Electronic Components
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 493239, 4 pages
A Very Robust AlGaN/GaN HEMT Technology to High Forward Gate Bias and Current
1Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base,
OH 45433, USA
2Materials and Manufacturing Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH 45433, USA
3Defense and Power Business Unit, RF Micro Devices, Inc., Charlotte, NC 28269, USA
Received 21 March 2012; Revised 10 July 2012; Accepted 28 July 2012
Academic Editor: Jung-Hui Tsai
Copyright © 2012 Bradley D. Christiansen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Joh and J. A. del Alamo, “Critical voltage for electrical degradation of GaN high-electron mobility transistors,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 287–289, 2008.
- J. A. del Alamo and J. Joh, “GaN HEMT reliability,” Microelectronics Reliability, vol. 49, no. 9–11, pp. 1200–1206, 2009.
- D. Marcon, T. Kauerauf, F. Medjdoub et al., “A comprehensive reliability investigation of the voltage-, temperature- and device geometry-dependence of the gate degradation on state-of-the-art GaN-on-Si HEMTs,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM '10), pp. 20.3.1–20.3.4, San Francisco, Calif, USA, December 2010.
- K. Joshin and T. Kikkawa, “Recent progress of high power GaN-HEMT for wireless application,” in Proceedings of the Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC '06), pp. 1027–1032, Yokohama, Japan, December 2006.
- A. Bettidi, F. Corsaro, A. Cetronio, A. Nanni, M. Peroni, and P. Romanini, “X-band GaN-HEMT LNA performance versus robustness trade-off,” in Proceedings of the European Microwave Conference (EuMC '09), pp. 1792–1795, Rome, Italy, October 2009.
- H. Xu, C. Sanabria, A. Chini, S. Keller, U. K. Mishra, and R. A. York, “A C-band high-dynamic range GaN HEMT low-noise amplifier,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 262–264, 2004.
- J. Joh, L. Xia, and J. A. Del Alamo, “Gate current degradation mechanisms of GaN high electron mobility transistors,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM '07), pp. 385–388, Washington, DC, USA, December 2007.
- J. D. Brown, D. S. Green, S. R. Gibb et al., “Performance, reliability, and manufacturability of AlGaN/GaN high electron mobility transistors on silicon carbide substrates,” ECS Transactions, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 161–179, 2006.
- S. Lee, R. Vetury, J. D. Brown et al., “Reliability assessment of AlGaN/GaN HEMT technology on SIC for 48V applications,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Reliability Physics Symposium (IRPS '08), pp. 446–449, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, May 2008.
- G. Meneghesso, G. Verzellesi, F. Danesin et al., “Reliability of GaN high-electron-mobility transistors: state of the art and perspectives,” IEEE Transactions on Device and Materials Reliability, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 332–343, 2008.