- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 184393, 8 pages
Mammalian Models of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: Pathological Characteristics and Therapeutic Applications
1Department of Medicine (Neurology and Rheumatology), School of Medicine Shinshu University, 3-1-1 Ahahi, Matsumoto 390-8621, Japan
2Department of Molecular Therapy, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4-1-1 Ogawa-higashi, Kodaira, Tokyo 187-8502, Japan
Received 14 October 2010; Accepted 19 December 2010
Academic Editor: Andrea Vecchione
Copyright © 2011 Akinori Nakamura and Shin'ichi Takeda. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Keri L. Nowend, Alison N. Starr-Moss, and Keith E. Murphy, “The function of dog models in developing gene therapy strategies for human health,” Mammalian Genome, vol. 22, no. 7-8, pp. 476–485, 2011.
- John M. Lawler, “Exacerbation of pathology by oxidative stress in respiratory and locomotor muscles with Duchenne muscular dystrophy,” Journal of Physiology, vol. 589, no. 9, pp. 2161–2170, 2011.
- Ken Smith, “Feline muscular dystrophy: parallels between cats and people,” Veterinary Record, vol. 168, no. 19, pp. 507–508, 2011.
- A Bähr, and E Wolf, “Domestic Animal Models for Biomedical Research,” Reproduction in Domestic Animals, vol. 47, pp. 59–71, 2012.
- Renata Bordeira-Carriço, Ana Paula Pêgo, Manuel Santos, and Carla Oliveira, “Cancer syndromes and therapy by stop-codon readthrough,” Trends in Molecular Medicine, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 667–678, 2012.
- Marko Bodor, and Craig M. Mcdonald, “Why short stature is beneficial in duchenne muscular dystrophy,” Muscle & Nerve, 2013.
- N. Klymiuk, A. Blutke, A. Graf, S. Krause, K. Burkhardt, A. Wuensch, S. Krebs, B. Kessler, V. Zakhartchenko, M. Kurome, E. Kemter, H. Nagashima, B. Schoser, N. Herbach, H. Blum, R. Wanke, A. Aartsma-Rus, C. Thirion, H. Lochmuller, M. C. Walter, and E. Wolf, “Dystrophin-deficient pigs provide new insights into the hierarchy of physiological derangements of dystrophic muscle,” Human Molecular Genetics, 2013.
- Catherine Moorwood, and Tejvir S Khurana, “Duchenne muscular dystrophy drug discovery – the application of utrophin promoter activation screening,” Expert Opinion on Drug Discovery, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 569–581, 2013.
- A.B. Baroncelli, F. Abellonio, T.B. Pagano, I. Esposito, B. Peirone, S. Papparella, and O. Paciello, “Muscular Dystrophy in a Dog Resembling Human Becker Muscular Dystrophy,” Journal of Comparative Pathology, 2013.
- Yusuke Echigoya, and Toshifumi Yokota, “Skipping Multiple Exons of Dystrophin Transcripts Using Cocktail Antisense Oligonucleotides,” Nucleic Acid Therapeutics, pp. 131231075231009, 2013.
- Steven Carberry, Margit Zweyer, Dieter Swandulla, and Kay Ohlendieck, “Application of Fluorescence Two-Dimensional Difference In-Gel Electrophoresis as a Proteomic Biomarker Discovery Tool in Muscular Dystrophy Research,” Biology, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 1438–1464, 2013.
- Tatiana Flisikowska, Alexander Kind, and Angelika Schnieke, “Genetically modified pigs to model human diseases,” Journal of Applied Genetics, 2013.
- Nima Milani-Nejad, and Paul M.L. Janssen, “Small and Large Animal Models in Cardiac Contraction Research: Advantages and Disadvantages,” Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 2013.
- Thais Borges Lessa, Dilayla Kelly de Abreu, Márcio Nogueira Rodrigues, Marina Pandolphi Brólio, Maria Angélica Miglino, and Carlos Eduardo Ambrósio, “Morphological and ultrastructural evaluation of the golden retriever muscular dystrophy trachea, lungs, and diaphragm muscle,” Microscopy Research and Technique, 2014.
- Katsuyuki Nakamura, Wataru Fujii, Masaya Tsuboi, Jun Tanihata, Naomi Teramoto, Shiho Takeuchi, Kunihiko Naito, Keitaro Yamanouchi, and Masugi Nishihara, “Generation of muscular dystrophy model rats with a CRISPR/Cas system,” Scientific Reports, vol. 4, 2014.
- Clara De Palma, Cristiana Perrotta, Paolo Pellegrino, Emilio Clementi, and Davide Cervia, “Skeletal Muscle Homeostasis in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy: Modulating Autophagy as a Promising Therapeutic Strategy,” Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, vol. 6, 2014.
- Thibaut Larcher, Aude Lafoux, Laurent Tesson, Severine Remy, Virginie Thepenier, Virginie Francois, Caroline Le Guiner, Helicia Goubin, Maeva Dutilleul, Lydie Guigand, Gilles Toumaniantz, Anne De Cian, Charlotte Boix, Jean-Baptiste Renaud, Yan Cherel, Carine Giovannangeli, Jean-Paul Concordet, Ignacio Anegon, and Corinne Huchet, “Characterization of Dystrophin Deficient Rats: A New Model for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 10, 2014.
- Xiufang Guo, Keshel Greene, Nesar Akanda, Alec S. T. Smith, Maria Stancescu, Stephen Lambert, Herman Vandenburgh, and James J. Hickman, “In vitro differentiation of functional human skeletal myotubes in a defined system,” Biomaterials Science, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 131, 2014.