- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 197636, 11 pages
Biology of Obesity: Lessons from Animal Models of Obesity
Division of Diabetes & Endocrinology, Kanazawa Medical University, Uchinada, Ishikawa 920-0293, Japan
Received 14 September 2010; Accepted 13 December 2010
Academic Editor: Monica Fedele
Copyright © 2011 Keizo Kanasaki and Daisuke Koya. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [23 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Naila Rabbani, and Paul J. Thornalley, “Glyoxalase in diabetes, obesity and related disorders,” Seminars in Cell & Developmental Biology, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 309–317, 2011.
- Mónica Moreira-Rodrigues, Janete Quelhas-Santos, Roberto Roncon-Albuquerque, Paula Serrão, Adelino Leite-Moreira, Benedita Sampaio-Maia, and Manuel Pestana, “Blunted renal dopaminergic system in a mouse model of diet-induced obesity,” Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 237, no. 8, pp. 949–955, 2012.
- M. R. Bonsignore, W. T. McNicholas, J. M. Montserrat, and J. Eckel, “Adipose tissue in obesity and obstructive sleep apnoea,” European Respiratory Journal, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 746–767, 2012.
- Isaac Almendros, Josep M. Montserrat, Marta Torres, Maria R. Bonsignore, Laura Chimenti, Daniel Navajas, and Ramon Farré, “Obesity and intermittent hypoxia increase tumor growth in a mouse model of sleep apnea,” Sleep Medicine, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 1254–1260, 2012.
- Sharma Prabhakar, “Translational research challenges: Finding the right animal models,” Journal of Investigative Medicine, vol. 60, no. 8, pp. 1141–1146, 2012.
- Peter A. Hecker, M. Faadiel Essop, William C. Stanley, Rudo F. Mapanga, Charlene P. Kimar, Rogerio F. Ribeiro, Bethany H. Brown, Kelly A. O'Connell, James W. Cox, Kadambari C. Shekar, and Girma Asemu, “Effects of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency on the metabolic and cardiac responses to obesogenic or high-fructose diets,” American Journal of Physiology - Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 303, no. 8, pp. E959–E972, 2012.
- Ana Butorac, Martina Basic, and Irena Landeka Jurcevic, “Obesity: Genome And Environment Interactions,” Arhiv Za Higijenu Rada I Toksikologiju, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 395–405, 2012.
- Rodrigo Mello Gomes, Angélica Sbrolini Marques, Rosana Torrezan, Dionizia Xavier Scomparin, Paulo Cezar De Freitas Mathias, and Wilson Rinaldi, “Effect of moderate exercise program on rats from different models of obesity,” Revista da Educacao Fisica, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 285–294, 2012.
- Ruozhi Zhao, Khuong Le, Mohammed H. Moghadasian, and Garry X. Shen, “Regulatory role of NADPH oxidase in glycated LDL-induced upregulation of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and heat shock factor-1 in mouse embryo fibroblasts and diabetic mice,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, vol. 61, pp. 18–25, 2013.
- H. S. Abed, and G. A. Wittert, “Obesity and atrial fibrillation,” Obesity Reviews, 2013.
- Yan Ping Zhang, Chun Yu Song, Yue Yuan, Ariel Eber, Yiliam Rodriguez, Roy C. Levitt, Peter Takacs, Zhe Yang, Ronald Goldberg, and Keith A. Candiotti, “Diabetic neuropathic pain development in type 2 diabetic mouse model and the prophylactic and therapeutic effects of coenzyme Q10,” Neurobiology of Disease, 2013.
- Ling Xu, Megumi Kanasaki, Jianhua He, Munehiro Kitada, Kenji Nagao, Hiroko Jinzu, Yasushi Noguchi, Hiroshi Maegawa, Keizo Kanasaki, and Daisuke Koya, “Ketogenic essential amino acids replacement diet ameliorated hepatosteatosis with altering autophagy-associated molecules,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease, 2013.
- Hiroaki Ayabe, Shogo Ikeda, Shigeri Maruyama, Seiji Shioyama, Mayumi Kikuchi, Ayako Kawaguchi, Tetsuo Yamada, and Takuya Ikeda, “Development of an Efficient Genotyping Method to Detect Obese Mutation in the Mouse Leptin Gene for Use in SPF Barrier Facilities,” Journal of Veterinary Medical Science, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 633–638, 2013.
- S. Louala, A. Benyahia-Mostefaoui, and M.Y. Lamri-Senhadji, “La restriction énergétique réduit le stress oxydant de l’aorte et du cœur et corrige le risque athérogène chez le rat rendu obèse,” Annales de Cardiologie et d'Angéiologie, 2013.
- William R. Scott, Rachel L. Batterham, Cigdem Gelegen, Keval Chandarana, Efthimia Karra, Ahmed Yousseif, Chloé Amouyal, Agharul I. Choudhury, Fabrizio Andreelli, and Dominic J. Withers, “Differential Pre-mRNA Splicing Regulates Nnat Isoforms in the Hypothalamus after Gastric Bypass Surgery in Mice,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013.
- I. Scroyen, B. Hemmeryckx, and H. R. Lijnen, “From mice to men: mouse models in obesity research: What can we learn?,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 109, no. 5, 2013.
- Ulla Renne, Martina Langhammer, Julia Brenmoehl, Christina Walz, Anja Zeissler, Armin Tuchscherer, Marion Piechotta, Rudolf J. Wiesner, Maximilian Bielohuby, and Andreas Hoeflich, “Lifelong Obesity in a Polygenic Mouse Model Prevents Age- and Diet-Induced Glucose Intolerance- Obesity Is No Road to Late-Onset Diabetes in Mice,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Keizo Kanasaki, Munehiro Kitada, and Megumi Kanasaki, “The biological consequence of obesity on the kidney,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 28, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Sajid Khan, Samriddhi Shukla, Sonam Sinha, and Syed Musthapa Meeran, “Role of adipokines and cytokines in obesity-associated breast cancer: Therapeutic targets,” Cytokine & Growth Factor Reviews, 2013.
- Yang-wei Wang, Guang-dong Sun, Jing Sun, Shu-jun Liu, Ji Wang, Xiao-hong Xu, and Li-ning Miao, “Spontaneous Type 2 Diabetic Rodent Models,” Journal of Diabetes Research, vol. 2013, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- Nathalie Castanon, Julie Lasselin, and Lucile Capuron, “Neuropsychiatric Comorbidity in Obesity: Role of Inflammatory Processes,” Frontiers in Endocrinology, vol. 5, 2014.
- T. Bake, D. G. A. Morgan, and J. G. Mercer, “Feeding and metabolic consequences of scheduled consumption of large, binge-type meals of high fat diet in the Sprague-Dawley rat,” Physiology & Behavior, vol. 128, pp. 70–79, 2014.
- Rafael Bravo, Javier Cubero, Lourdes Franco, Monica Mesa, Carmen Galan, Ana Beatriz Rodriguez, Carlos Jarne, and Carmen Barriga, “Body weight gain in rats by a high-fat diet produces chronodisruption in activity/inactivity circadian rhythm,” Chronobiology International, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 363–370, 2014.