- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 271694, 19 pages
Murine Models of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Department of Pathology, Immunology, and Laboratory Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Received 16 September 2010; Revised 9 December 2010; Accepted 19 December 2010
Academic Editor: Andrea Vecchione
Copyright © 2011 Daniel Perry et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [30 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Nicolas Charles, and Juan Rivera, “Basophils and Autoreactive IgE in the Pathogenesis of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus,” Current Allergy and Asthma Reports, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 378–387, 2011.
- Mayami Sengupta, and Laurence Morel, “The role of Pbx1 in T cells,” Protein and Cell, vol. 2, no. 12, pp. 946–949, 2011.
- Yasunori Iwata, Kengo Furuichi, Shuichi Kaneko, and Takashi Wada, “The Role of Cytokine in the Lupus Nephritis,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2011, pp. 1–7, 2011.
- Daniel J. Perry, Yiming Yin, Tiffany Telarico, Henry V. Baker, Igor Dozmorov, Andras Perl, and Laurence Morel, “Murine Lupus Susceptibility Locus Sle1c2 Mediates CD4(+) T Cell Activation and Maps to Estrogen-Related Receptor gamma,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 189, no. 2, pp. 793–803, 2012.
- Betty Diamond, and Bruce T. Volpe, “A model for lupus brain disease,” Immunological Reviews, vol. 248, no. 1, pp. 56–67, 2012.
- Tai-Ping Lee, and Bor-Luen Chiang, “Sex differences in spontaneous versus induced animal models of autoimmunity,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 11, no. 6-7, pp. A422–A429, 2012.
- Kazuko Fujita, Yoshikiyo Akasaka, Taku Kuwabara, Bing Wang, Kaoru Tanaka, Itaru Kamata, Tomoko Yokoo, Toshio Kinoshita, Ami Iuchi, Yuri Akishima-Fukasawa, Yukio Ishikawa, Motonari Kondo, and Toshiharu Ishii, “Pathogenesis of lupus-like nephritis through autoimmune antibody produced by CD180-negative B lymphocytes in NZBWF1 mouse,” Immunology Letters, vol. 144, no. 1-2, pp. 1–6, 2012.
- Cassandra M. Berry, Paul J. Hertzog, and Niamh E. Mangan, “Interferons as biomarkers and effectors: lessons learned from animal models,” Biomarkers In Medicine, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 159–176, 2012.
- Eiji Suzuki, Eva Karam, Sarah Williams, Dennis K. Watson, Gary Gilkeson, and Xian K. Zhang, “Fli-1 transcription factor affects glomerulonephritis development by regulating expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in endothelial cells in the kidney,” Clinical Immunology, vol. 145, no. 3, pp. 201–208, 2012.
- Sebastian Stielke, Gerburg Keilhoff, Elmar Kirches, Peter R. Mertens, Klaus-Hinrich Neumann, George C. Tsokos, and Christian Mawrin, “Adhesion molecule expression precedes brain damages of lupus-prone mice and correlates with kidney pathology,” Journal of Neuroimmunology, vol. 252, no. 1-2, pp. 24–32, 2012.
- A. M. Campbell, M. Kashgarian, and M. J. Shlomchik, “NADPH Oxidase Inhibits the Pathogenesis of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus,” Science Translational Medicine, vol. 4, no. 157, pp. 157ra141–157ra141, 2012.
- Manfred Relle, and Andreas Schwarting, “Role of MHC-Linked Susceptibility Genes in the Pathogenesis of Human and Murine Lupus,” Clinical and Developmental Immunology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–15, 2012.
- Yang Pan, Tingting Jia, Yuan Zhang, Kuo Zhang, Rui Zhang, Jinming Li, and Lunan Wang, “MS2 VLP-based delivery of microRNA-146a inhibits autoantibody production in lupus-prone mice,” International Journal of Nanomedicine, vol. 7, pp. 5957–5967, 2012.
- Paola Mina-Osorio, Jacob LaStant, Natalie Keirstead, Toni Whittard, Julia Ayala, Stella Stefanova, Rosario Garrido, Nena Dimaano, Holly Hilton, Mario Giron, Kai-Yeung Lau, Julie Hang, Jennifer Postelnek, Yong Kim, Soo Min, Alka Patel, John Woods, Meera Ramanujam, Julie DeMartino, Satwant Narula, and Daigen Xu, “Suppression of Glomerulonephritis in Lupus-Prone NZB × NZW Mice by RN486, a Selective Inhibitor of Bruton's Tyrosine Kinase,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 65, no. 9, pp. 2380–2391, 2013.
- Sibylle Sabrautzki, Eva Janas, Bettina Lorenz-Depiereux, Julia Calzada-Wack, Juan A. Aguilar-Pimentel, Birgit Rathkolb, Thure Adler, Christian Cohrs, Wolfgang Hans, Susanne Diener, Helmut Fuchs, Valerie Gailus-Durner, Dirk H. Busch, Heinz Höfler, Markus Ollert, Tim Matthias Strom, Eckhard Wolf, Frauke Neff, and Martin Hrabě de Angelis, “An ENU Mutagenesis-Derived Mouse Model with a Dominant Jak1 Mutation Resembling Phenotypes of Systemic Autoimmune Disease,” The American Journal of Pathology, 2013.
- Paul J. Williams, Jyothi M. Veigas, Jeffrey L. Barnes, and Gabriel Fernandes, “Concentrated fish oil (Lovaza (R)) extends lifespan and attenuates kidney d isease in lupus-prone short-lived (NZBxNZW)F1 mice,” Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 238, no. 6, pp. 610–622, 2013.
- Y. Zhao, G. Wen, Z. Qiao, H. Xu, Q. Sun, H. Huang, S. Shan, and Z. Mu, “Effects of tetra-arsenic tetra-sulfide on BXSB lupus-prone mice: a pilot st udy,” Lupus, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 469–476, 2013.
- Jun Hao, Yu-jun Zhang, Xin Lv, Ning Xu, Qin-juan Liu, Song Zhao, Xiao-juan Feng, Ling-ling Xing, Peng-peng Kang, and Gui-ying Li, “IFN-gamma induces lipogenesis in mouse mesangial cells via the JAK2/STAT1 p athway,” American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology, vol. 304, no. 8, pp. C760–C767, 2013.
- Pinar Avci, Magesh Sadasivam, Asheesh Gupta, Wanessa CMA De Melo, Ying-Ying Huang, Rui Yin, Rakkiyappan Chandran, Raj Kumar, Ayodeji Otufowora, Theodore Nyame, and Michael R Hamblin, “Animal models of skin disease for drug discovery,” Expert Opinion on Drug Discovery, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 331–355, 2013.
- Mari Sasaki, Akihiro Tojo, Yoshifumi Okochi, Nana Miyawaki, Daisuke Kamimura, Akihito Yamaguchi, Masaaki Murakami, and Yasushi Okamura, “ Autoimmune disorder phenotypes in Hvcn1 -deficient mice ,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 450, no. 2, pp. 295–301, 2013.
- Shi-jun He, Ze-min Lin, Yan-wei Wu, Bing-xin Bai, Xiao-qian Yang, Pei-lan He, Feng-hua Zhu, Wei Tang, and Jian-ping Zuo, “Therapeutic effects of DZ2002, a reversible SAHH inhibitor, on lupus-prone NZB×NZW F1 mice via interference with TLR-mediated APC response,” Acta Pharmacologica Sinica, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 219–229, 2013.
- David G. Winkler, Kerrie L. Faia, Jonathan P. DiNitto, Janid A. Ali, Kerry F. White, Erin E. Brophy, Melissa M. Pink, Jennifer L. Proctor, Jennifer Lussier, Christian M. Martin, Jennifer G. Hoyt, Bonnie Tillotson, Erin L. Murphy, Alice R. Lim, Brian D. Thomas, John R. MacDougall, Pingda Ren, Yi Liu, Lian-Sheng Li, Katti A. Jessen, Christian C. Fritz, Joi L. Dunbar, James R. Porter, Christian Rommel, Vito J. Palombella, and Jeffery L. Kutok, “PI3K-delta and PI3K-gamma Inhibition by IPI-145 Abrogates Immune Responses and Suppresses Activity in Autoimmune and Inflammatory Disease Models,” Chemistry & Biology, vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 1364–1374, 2013.
- D. A. C. Botte, I. L. Noronha, D. M. A. C. Malheiros, T. V. Peixoto, and S. B. V. de Mello, “Alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone ameliorates disease activity in an induced murine lupus-like model,” Clinical & Experimental Immunology, vol. 177, no. 2, pp. 381–390, 2014.
- Shih-Shih Chen, and Nicholas Chiorazzi, “Murine genetically-engineered and human xenograft models of chronic lymphocytic leukemia,” Seminars in Hematology, 2014.
- Erin A Kimbrel, Nicholas A Kouris, Gregory Yavanian, Jianlin Chu, Yu Qin, Ann Chan, Ram P Singh, Deborah McCurdy, Lynn Gordon, Ralph D Levinson, and Robert Lanza, “Mesenchymal stem cell population derived from human pluripotent stem cells displays potent immunomodulatory and therapeutic properties,” Stem Cells and Development, pp. 140320053516001, 2014.
- Nicole L. Regna, Cristen B. Chafin, Sarah E. Hammond, Abdul G. Puthiyaveetil, David L. Caudell, and Christopher M. Reilly, “Class I and II histone deacetylase inhibition by ITF2357 reduces SLE pathogenesis in vivo,” Clinical Immunology, vol. 151, no. 1, pp. 29–42, 2014.
- Issaka Yougbaré, Thérèse Keravis, Abdurazzag Abusnina, Marion Decossas, Nicolas Schall, Sylviane Muller, and Claire Lugnier, “Cyclic GMP catabolism up-regulation in MRL/lpr lupus-prone mice is associated with organ remodeling,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease, 2014.
- Alexandre Bignon, Francoise Gaudin, Patrice Hemon, Hugo Tharinger, Katia Mayol, Thierry Walzer, Pius Loetscher, Michel Peuchmaur, and Dominique Berrebi, “CCR1 Inhibition Ameliorates the Progression of Lupus Nephritis in NZB/W Mic e,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 192, no. 3, pp. 886–896, 2014.
- Gaurav Mehta, Viviana P. Ferreira, Christine Skerka, Peter F. Zipfel, and Nirmal K. Banda, “New insights into disease-specific absence of complement factor H related protein C in mouse models of spontaneous autoimmune diseases,” Molecular Immunology, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 235–248, 2014.
- Andrew T. Bender, Yin Wu, Qiongfong Cao, Yueyun Ding, Judith Oestreicher, Melinda Genest, Sandeep Akare, Sally T. Ishizaka, and Matthew F. Mackey, “Assessment of the translational value of mouse lupus models using clinically relevant biomarkers,” Translational Research, 2014.