- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 309287, 8 pages
Animal Models of Typical Heterotopic Ossification
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Feinberg Medical School, 303 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Received 26 August 2010; Accepted 28 September 2010
Academic Editor: Monica Fedele
Copyright © 2011 Lixin Kan and John A. Kessler. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Lixin Kan, Vitali Y. Lounev, Robert J. Pignolo, Lishu Duan, Yijie Liu, Stuart R. Stock, Tammy L. McGuire, Bao Lu, Norma P. Gerard, Eileen M. Shore, Frederick S. Kaplan, and John A. Kessler, “Substance P Signaling Mediates BMP-Dependent Heterotopic Ossification,” Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 112, no. 10, pp. 2759–2772, 2011.
- Ana M. C. Barradas, Huipin Yuan, Johan van der Stok, Bl Bach Le Quang, Hugo Fernandes, Anindita Chaterje, Marieke C. H. Hogenes, Kathy Shultz, Leah Rae Donahue, Clemens van Blitterswijk, and Jan de Boer, “The influence of genetic factors on the osteoinductive potential of calcium phosphate ceramics in mice,” Biomaterials, vol. 33, no. 23, pp. 5696–5705, 2012.
- Salin A Chakkalakal, Deyu Zhang, Andria L Culbert, Michael R Convente, Robert J Caron, Alexander C Wright, Andrew DA Maidment, Frederick S Kaplan, and Eileen M Shore, “ An Acvr1 R206H knock-in mouse has fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva ,” Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 1746–1756, 2012.
- Emily R. Nelson, Victor W. Wong, Paul H. Krebsbach, Stewart C. Wang, and Benjamin Levi, “Heterotopic ossification following burn injury: The role of stem cells,” Journal of Burn Care and Research, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 463–470, 2012.
- David W. Chitty, Roger G. Tremblay, Maria Ribecco-Lutkiewicz, Julie Haukenfrers, Bogdan Zurakowski, Bernard Massie, Marianna Sikorska, and Mahmud Bani-Yaghoub, “Development of BMP7-producing human cells, using a third generation lentivi ral gene delivery system,” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, vol. 205, no. 1, pp. 17–27, 2012.
- Lf La Sala, Lm Pozzi, D McAloose, Fs Kaplan, Em Shore, Ejo Kompanje, If Sidor, L Musmeci, and Mm Uhart, “Severe soft tissue ossification in a southern right whale Eubalaena australis,” Diseases of Aquatic Organisms, vol. 102, no. 2, pp. 149–156, 2012.
- Mareike Lalk, Janin Reifenrath, Nina Angrisani, Alexandr Bondarenko, Jan-Marten Seitz, Peter P. Mueller, and Andrea Meyer-Lindenberg, “Fluoride and calcium-phosphate coated sponges of the magnesium alloy AX30 as bone grafts: a comparative study in rabbits,” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 417–436, 2012.
- Emily R. Nelson, Victor W. Wong, Paul H. Krebsbach, Stewart C. Wang, and Benjamin Levi, “Heterotopic Ossification Following Burn Injury,” Journal of Burn Care & Research, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 463–470, 2012.
- M C Gozo, P-J Aspuria, D-J Cheon, A E Walts, D Berel, N Miura, B Y Karlan, and S Orsulic, “Foxc2 induces Wnt4 and Bmp4 expression during muscle regeneration and osteogenesis,” Cell Death and Differentiation, 2013.
- Oliver Tannous, Alec C. Stall, Cullen Griffith, Christopher T. Donaldson, Rudolph J. Castellani Jr., and Vincent D. Pellegrini, “Heterotopic bone formation about the hip undergoes endochondral ossification: A rabbit model hip,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 471, no. 5, pp. 1584–1592, 2013.
- Kairui Zhang, Liang Wang, Sheng Zhang, Bin Yu, Feng Liu, Zhuang Cui, Dadi Jin, and Xiaochun Bai, “Celecoxib inhibits the heterotopic ossification in the rat model with Achilles tenotomy,” European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 145–148, 2013.