- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 309287, 8 pages
Animal Models of Typical Heterotopic Ossification
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Feinberg Medical School, 303 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Received 26 August 2010; Accepted 28 September 2010
Academic Editor: Monica Fedele
Copyright © 2011 Lixin Kan and John A. Kessler. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [22 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Lixin Kan, Vitali Y. Lounev, Robert J. Pignolo, Lishu Duan, Yijie Liu, Stuart R. Stock, Tammy L. McGuire, Bao Lu, Norma P. Gerard, Eileen M. Shore, Frederick S. Kaplan, and John A. Kessler, “Substance P Signaling Mediates BMP-Dependent Heterotopic Ossification,” Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 112, no. 10, pp. 2759–2772, 2011.
- Ana M. C. Barradas, Huipin Yuan, Johan van der Stok, Bl Bach Le Quang, Hugo Fernandes, Anindita Chaterje, Marieke C. H. Hogenes, Kathy Shultz, Leah Rae Donahue, Clemens van Blitterswijk, and Jan de Boer, “The influence of genetic factors on the osteoinductive potential of calcium phosphate ceramics in mice,” Biomaterials, vol. 33, no. 23, pp. 5696–5705, 2012.
- Emily R. Nelson, Victor W. Wong, Paul H. Krebsbach, Stewart C. Wang, and Benjamin Levi, “Heterotopic ossification following burn injury: The role of stem cells,” Journal of Burn Care and Research, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 463–470, 2012.
- Salin A Chakkalakal, Deyu Zhang, Andria L Culbert, Michael R Convente, Robert J Caron, Alexander C Wright, Andrew DA Maidment, Frederick S Kaplan, and Eileen M Shore, “ An Acvr1 R206H knock-in mouse has fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva ,” Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 1746–1756, 2012.
- David W. Chitty, Roger G. Tremblay, Maria Ribecco-Lutkiewicz, Julie Haukenfrers, Bogdan Zurakowski, Bernard Massie, Marianna Sikorska, and Mahmud Bani-Yaghoub, “Development of BMP7-producing human cells, using a third generation lentiviral gene delivery system,” Journal Of Neuroscience Methods, vol. 205, no. 1, pp. 17–27, 2012.
- Lf La Sala, Lm Pozzi, D McAloose, Fs Kaplan, Em Shore, Ejo Kompanje, If Sidor, L Musmeci, and Mm Uhart, “Severe soft tissue ossification in a southern right whale Eubalaena australis,” Diseases of Aquatic Organisms, vol. 102, no. 2, pp. 149–156, 2012.
- Mareike Lalk, Janin Reifenrath, Nina Angrisani, Alexandr Bondarenko, Jan-Marten Seitz, Peter P. Mueller, and Andrea Meyer-Lindenberg, “Fluoride and calcium-phosphate coated sponges of the magnesium alloy AX30 as bone grafts: a comparative study in rabbits,” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 417–436, 2012.
- Emily R. Nelson, Victor W. Wong, Paul H. Krebsbach, Stewart C. Wang, and Benjamin Levi, “Heterotopic Ossification Following Burn Injury,” Journal of Burn Care & Research, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 463–470, 2012.
- Oliver Tannous, Alec C. Stall, Cullen Griffith, Christopher T. Donaldson, Rudolph J. Castellani Jr., and Vincent D. Pellegrini, “Heterotopic bone formation about the hip undergoes endochondral ossification: A rabbit model hip,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 471, no. 5, pp. 1584–1592, 2013.
- M C Gozo, P-J Aspuria, D-J Cheon, A E Walts, D Berel, N Miura, B Y Karlan, and S Orsulic, “Foxc2 induces Wnt4 and Bmp4 expression during muscle regeneration and osteogenesis,” Cell Death and Differentiation, 2013.
- Kairui Zhang, Liang Wang, Sheng Zhang, Bin Yu, Feng Liu, Zhuang Cui, Dadi Jin, and Xiaochun Bai, “Celecoxib inhibits the heterotopic ossification in the rat model with Achilles tenotomy,” European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 145–148, 2013.
- H.-J. C. Kranenburg, H. A. W. Hazewinkel, and B. P. Meij, “Naturally Occurring Spinal Hyperostosis in Dogs as a Model for Human Spinal Disorders,” ILAR Journal, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 150–163, 2014.
- Jonathan R. Peterson, Sara De La Rosa, Hongli Sun, Oluwatobi Eboda, Katherine E. Cilwa, Alexis Donneys, Michael Morris, Steven R. Buchman, Paul S. Cederna, Paul H. Krebsbach, Stewart C. Wang, and Benjamin Levi, “Burn Injury Enhances Bone Formation in Heterotopic Ossification Model,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 259, no. 5, pp. 993–998, 2014.
- Arun R. Shrivats, Eric Hsu, Saadyah Averick, Molly Klimak, April C. S. Watt, Marlene DeMaio, Krzysztof Matyjaszewski, and Jeffrey O. Hollinger, “Cationic Nanogel-mediated Runx2 and Osterix siRNA Delivery Decreases Mineralization in MC3T3 Cells,” Clinical Orthopaedics And Related Research, vol. 473, no. 6, pp. 2139–2149, 2015.
- Liping Wang, Dylan O' Carroll, Xuhui Liu, Theresa Roth, Hubert Kim, Bernard Halloran, and Robert A. Nissenson, “ Effects of blockade of endogenous G i signaling in Tie2-expressing cells on bone formation in a mouse model of heterotopic ossification ,” Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 2015.
- E. M. Polfer, D. N. Hope, E. A. Elster, A. T. Qureshi, T. A. Davis, D. Golden, B. K. Potter, and J. A. Forsberg, “The development of a rat model to investigate the formation of blast-related post-traumatic heterotopic ossification,” Bone & Joint Journal, vol. 97B, no. 4, pp. 572–576, 2015.
- François Genêt, Irina Kulina, Cedryck Vaquette, Frédéric Torossian, Susan Millard, Allison R Pettit, Natalie A Sims, Adrienne Anginot, Bernadette Guerton, Ingrid G Winkler, Valérie Barbier, Jean-Jacques Lataillade, Marie-Caroline Le Bousse-Kerdilès, Dietmar W Hutmacher, and Jean-Pierre Levesque, “Neurological heterotopic ossification following spinal cord injury is triggered by macrophage-mediated inflammation in muscle,” The Journal of Pathology, 2015.
- Joris Anthonissen, Christian Ossendorf, Johanna Lisa Hock, Ulrike Ritz, Alexander Hofmann, and Pol Maria Rommens, “A new small-animal model for the study of acquired heterotopic ossification after hip surgery,” Acta Orthopaedica Et Traumatologica Turcica, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 197–202, 2015.
- S. Winkler, B. Craiovan, F. Wagner, M. Weber, J. Grifka, and T. Renkawitz, “Pathogenesis and prevention strategies of heterotopic ossification in total hip arthroplasty: a narrative literature review and results of a survey in Germany,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, 2015.
- F Genêt, A Ruet, W Almangour, L Gatin, P Denormandie, and A Schnitzler, “Beliefs relating to recurrence of heterotopic ossification following excision in patients with spinal cord injury: a review,” Spinal Cord, 2015.
- O. G. Davies, L. M. Grover, N. Eisenstein, M. P. Lewis, and Y. Liu, “Identifying the Cellular Mechanisms Leading to Heterotopic Ossification,” Calcified Tissue International, vol. 97, no. 5, pp. 432–444, 2015.
- Arun R. Shrivats, Michael C. McDermott, Molly Klimak, Saadyah E. Averick, Haichun Pan, Krzysztof Matyjaszewski, Yuji Mishina, and Jeffrey O. Hollinger, “Nanogel-Mediated RNAi Against Runx2 and Osx Inhibits Osteogenic Differentiation in Constitutively Active BMPR1A Osteoblasts,” ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, pp. 151014145433009, 2015.