- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 318346, 8 pages
Blood-Oxygenation-Level-Dependent-(BOLD-) Based R2′ MRI Study in Monkey Model of Reversible Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion
Department of Radiology, General Hospital, Tianjin Medical University, 154 Anshan Road Heping District Tianjin 300052, China
Received 10 September 2010; Revised 25 November 2010; Accepted 30 December 2010
Academic Editor: Andrea Vecchione
Copyright © 2011 Jing Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Röther, P. D. Schellinger, A. Gass et al., “Effect of intravenous thrombolysis on MRI parameters and functional outcome in acute stroke <6 hours,” Stroke, vol. 33, no. 10, pp. 2438–2445, 2002.
- P. A. Barber, M. W. Parsons, P. M. Desmond et al., “The use of PWI and DWI measures in the design of “proof-of-concept” stroke trials,” Journal of Neuroimaging, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 123–132, 2004.
- P. D. Schellinger, J. B. Fiebach, and W. Hacke, “Imaging-based decision making in thrombolytic therapy for ischemic stroke: present status,” Stroke, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 575–582, 2003.
- C. S. Kidwell, J. R. Alger, and J. L. Saver, “Beyond mismatch: evolving paradigms in imaging the ischemic penumbra with multimodal magnetic resonance imaging,” Stroke, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 2729–2735, 2003.
- J. Fiehler, K. Knudsen, T. Kucinski et al., “Predictors of apparent diffusion coefficient normalization in stroke patients,” Stroke, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 514–519, 2004.
- C. B. Grandin, T. P. Duprez, A. M. Smith et al., “Which MR-derived perfusion parameters are the best predictors of infarct growth in hyperacute stroke? Comparative study between relative and quantitative measurements,” Radiology, vol. 223, no. 2, pp. 361–370, 2002.
- H. Tamura, J. Hatazawa, H. Toyoshima, E. Shimosegawa, and T. Okudera, “Detection of deoxygenation-related signal change in acute ischemic stroke patients by T2*-weighted magnetic resonance imaging,” Stroke, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 967–971, 2002.
- S. A. Roussel, N. Van Bruggen, M. D. King, and D. G. Gadian, “Identification of collaterally perfused areas following focal cerebral ischemia in the rat by comparison of gradient echo and diffusion-weighted MRI,” Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 578–586, 1995.
- J. M. Wardlaw and A. Von Heijne, “Increased oxygen extraction demonstrated on gradient echo (T2*) imaging in a patient with acute ischaemic stroke,” Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 22, no. 5-6, pp. 456–458, 2006.
- N. Morita, M. Harada, M. Uno et al., “Ischemic findings of T*-weighted 3-tesla MRI in acute stroke patients,” Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 367–375, 2008.
- M. L. Donswijk, P. S. Jones, J. V. Guadagno et al., “T2*-weighted MRI versus oxygen extraction fraction PET in acute stroke,” Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 306–313, 2009.
- B. S. Geisler, F. Brandhoff, J. Fiehler et al., “Blood oxygen level-dependent MRI allows metabolic description of tissue at risk in acute stroke patients,” Stroke, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 1778–1784, 2006.
- H. An and W. Lin, “Quantitative measurements of cerebral blood oxygen saturation using magnetic resonance imaging,” Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 1225–1236, 2000.
- S. Siemonsen, T. Fitting, G. Thomalla et al., “T2′ imaging predicts infarct growth beyond the acute diffusion-weighted imaging lesion in acute stroke,” Radiology, vol. 248, no. 3, pp. 979–986, 2008.
- U. R. Jensen, J.-R. Liu, C. Eschenfelder et al., “The correlation between quantitative T and regional cerebral blood flow after acute brain ischemia in early reperfusion as demonstrated in a middle cerebral artery occlusion/reperfusion model of the rat,” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, vol. 178, no. 1, pp. 55–58, 2009.
- A. J. De Crespigny, H. E. D'Arceuil, K. I. Maynard et al., “Acute studies of a new primate model of reversible middle cerebral artery occlusion,” Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 80–87, 2005.
- T. Rohlfing, C. R. Maurer, D. A. Bluemke, and M. A. Jacobs, “Volume-preserving nonrigid registration of MR breast images using free-form deformation with an incompressibility constraint,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 730–741, 2003.
- J. Sobesky, O. Zaro Weber, F. G. Lehnhardt et al., “Does the mismatch match the penumbra? Magnetic resonance imaging and positron emission tomography in early ischemic stroke,” Stroke, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 980–985, 2005.
- W. D. Heiss, “Ischemic penumbra: evidence from functional imaging in man,” Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 1276–1293, 2000.
- M. Kavec, O. H. J. Gröhn, M. I. Kettunen, M. J. Silvennoinen, M. Penttonen, and R. A. Kauppinen, “Use of spin echo T BOLD in assessment of cerebral misery perfusion at 1.5 T,” Magnetic Resonance Materials in Physics, Biology and Medicine, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 32–39, 2001.
- E. Bandera, M. Botteri, C. Minelli, A. Sutton, K. R. Abrams, and N. Latronico, “Cerebral blood flow threshold of ischemic penumbra and infarct core in acute ischemic stroke: a systematic review,” Stroke, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 1334–1339, 2006.
- J. V. Guadagno, E. A. Warburton, F. I. Aigbirhio et al., “Does the acute diffusion-weighted imaging lesion represent penumbra as well as core? A combined quantitative PET/MRI voxel-based study,” Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 1249–1254, 2004.
- X. He and D. A. Yablonskiy, “Quantitative BOLD: mapping of human cerebral deoxygenated blood volume and oxygen extraction fraction: default state,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 115–126, 2007.
- X. He, M. Zhu, and D. A. Yablonskiy, “Validation of oxygen extraction fraction measurement by qBOLD technique,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 882–888, 2008.