- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 379069, 10 pages
The Fat-Fed Apolipoprotein E Knockout Mouse Brachiocephalic Artery in the Study of Atherosclerotic Plaque Rupture
Bristol Heart Institute, University of Bristol, Level 7, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol BS2 8HW, UK
Received 14 September 2010; Revised 11 October 2010; Accepted 11 October 2010
Academic Editor: Andrea Vecchione
Copyright © 2011 Andrew R. Bond and Christopher L. Jackson. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [21 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Renata B. Kostogrys, Magdalena Franczyk-Żarów, Edyta Maślak, Mariusz Gajda, Łukasz Mateuszuk, Christopher L. Jackson, and Stefan Chłopicki, “Low carbohydrate, high protein diet promotes atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E/low-density lipoprotein receptor double knockout mice (apoE/LDLR−/−),” Atherosclerosis, vol. 223, no. 2, pp. 327–331, 2012.
- Jacques Ohayon, Nicolas Mesnier, Alexis Broisat, Jakub Toczek, Laurent Riou, and Philippe Tracqui, “Elucidating atherosclerotic vulnerable plaque rupture by modeling cross substitution of ApoE(-/-) mouse and human plaque components stiffnesses,” Biomechanics And Modeling In Mechanobiology, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 801–813, 2012.
- Carmen Burtea, Sebastien Ballet, Sophie Laurent, Olivier Rousseaux, Anne Dencausse, Walter Gonzalez, Marc Port, Claire Corot, Luce Vander Elst, and Robert N. Muller, “Development of a Magnetic Resonance Imaging Protocol for the Characterization of Atherosclerotic Plaque by Using Vascular Cell Adhesion Molecule-1 and Apoptosis-Targeted Ultrasmall Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Derivatives,” Arteriosclerosis Thrombosis And Vascular Biology, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. E36–+, 2012.
- L Chen Li, Wl Cheng Wen-li, Y Wang Yong, Yn Ke Yuan-nan, Sy Fan Shu-ying, L Pan Lin, Yr Guo Yan-ru, H Li Hong, and J Guo Jian, “Alprostadil liposome microsphere preparation stabilizes vascular plaques and inhibits intra-plaque inflammation,” Chinese Medical Journal, vol. 125, no. 24, pp. 4380–4385, 2012.
- Tracey Gaspari, Iresha Welungoda, Robert E. Widdop, Richard W. Simpson, and Anthony E. Dear, “The GLP-1 receptor agonist liraglutide inhibits progression of vascular disease via effects on atherogenesis, plaque stability and endothelial function in an ApoE-/- mouse model,” Diabetes and Vascular Disease Research, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 353–360, 2013.
- Ian C. Campbell, Daiana Weiss, Jonathan D. Suever, Renu Virmani, Alessandro Veneziani, Raymond P. Vito, John N. Oshinski, and W. Robert Taylor, “Biomechanical modeling and morphology analysis indicates plaque rupture due to mechanical failure unlikely in atherosclerosis-prone mice,” American Journal of Physiology - Heart and Circulatory Physiology, vol. 304, no. 3, pp. H473–H486, 2013.
- Tomasz P. Wrobel, Lukasz Mateuszuk, Renata B. Kostogrys, Stefan Chlopicki, and Malgorzata Baranska, “Quantification of plaque area and characterization of plaque biochemical composition with atherosclerosis progression in ApoE/LDLR−/− mice by FT-IR imaging,” The Analyst, vol. 138, no. 21, pp. 6645, 2013.
- Grant R. Drummond, and Christopher G. Sobey, “Endothelial NADPH oxidases: which NOX to target in vascular disease?,” Trends in Endocrinology & Metabolism, 2014.
- Cinzia Parolini, Marco Busnelli, Giulia S. Ganzetti, Federica Dellera, Stefano Manzini, Eugenio Scanziani, Jason L. Johnson, Cesare R. Sirtori, and Giulia Chiesa, “Magnetic Resonance Imaging Visualization of Vulnerable Atherosclerotic Plaques at the Brachiocephalic Artery of Apolipoprotein E Knockout Mice by the Blood-Pool Contrast Agent B22956/1,” Molecular Imaging, vol. 13, 2014.
- Hector De Leon, Stephanie Boue, Walter K. Schlage, Natalia Boukharov, Jurjen W. Westra, Stephan Gebel, Aaron VanHooser, Marja Talikka, R. Brett Fields, Emilija Veljkovic, Michael J. Peck, Carole Mathis, V Vy Hoang, Carine Poussin, Renee Deehan, Katrin Stolle, Julia Hoeng, and Manuel C. Peitsch, “A vascular biology network model focused on inflammatory processes to investigate atherogenesis and plaque instability,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 12, 2014.
- C. Van der Donckt, J. L. Van Herck, D. M. Schrijvers, G. Vanhoutte, M. Verhoye, I. Blockx, A. Van Der Linden, D. Bauters, H. R. Lijnen, J. C. Sluimer, L. Roth, C. E. Van Hove, P. Fransen, M. W. Knaapen, A.-S. Hervent, G. W. De Keulenaer, H. Bult, W. Martinet, A. G. Herman, and G. R. Y. De Meyer, “Elastin fragmentation in atherosclerotic mice leads to intraplaque neovascularization, plaque rupture, myocardial infarction, stroke, and sudden death,” European Heart Journal, 2014.
- Pauline Assemat, James A Armitage, Karen K Siu, Karla G Contreras, Anthony Dart, Jaye Chin-Dusting, and Kerry Hourigan, “Three-dimensional numerical simulation of blood flow in mouse aortic arch around atherosclerotic plaques,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, 2014.
- Andrew R. Bond, Anna Hultgardh-Nilsson, Anki Knutsson, Christopher L. Jackson, and Uwe Rauch, “Cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP) in murine brachiocephalic and carotid atherosclerotic lesions,” Atherosclerosis, vol. 236, no. 2, pp. 366–372, 2014.
- Laurent M. Riou, Alexis Broisat, Catherine Ghezzi, Gérard Finet, Gilles Rioufol, Ahmed M. Gharib, Roderic I. Pettigrew, and Jacques Ohayon, “Effects of mechanical properties and atherosclerotic artery size on biomechanical plaque disruption – Mouse vs. human,” Journal of Biomechanics, 2014.
- Chun-mei Qi, Lili Du, Wei-heng Wu, Dong-ye Li, Ji Hao, Lei Gong, Liangrong Deng, Tao Zhang, Chao Zhang, and Yu Zhang, “Detection of Vulnerable Atherosclerotic Plaques in Experimental Atherosclerosis with the USPIO-Enhanced MRI,” Cell Biochemistry And Biophysics, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 331–337, 2015.
- K. van der Heiden, A. Hoogendoorn, M. J. Daemen, and F. J. H. Gijsen, “Animal models for plaque rupture: a biomechanical assessment,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 115, no. 3, 2015.
- Robyn L. Prueitt, Joel M. Cohen, and Julie E. Goodman, “Evaluation of Atherosclerosis as a Potential Mode of Action for Cardiovascular Effects of Particulate Matter,” Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology, 2015.
- Suvi E. Heinonen, Guillem Genové, Eva Bengtsson, Thomas Hübschle, Lina Åkesson, Katrin Hiss, Agnes Benardeau, Seppo Ylä-Herttuala, Ann-Cathrine Jönsson-Rylander, and Maria F. Gomez, “Animal Models of Diabetic Macrovascular Complications: Key Players in the Development of New Therapeutic Approaches,” Journal of Diabetes Research, vol. 2015, pp. 1–14, 2015.
- Shen Li, Yan-Ning Wang, Manabu Niimi, Bo Ning, Yajie Chen, Dedong Kang, Ahmed Bilal Waqar, Ziyun Wang, Qi Yu, Enqi Liu, Jifeng Zhang, Masashi Shiomi, Y. Eugene Chen, and Jianglin Fan, “Angiotensin II Destabilizes Coronary Plaques in Watanabe Heritable Hyperlipidemic Rabbits,” Arteriosclerosis Thrombosis And Vascular Biology, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 810–816, 2016.
- Godfrey S. Getz, and Catherine A. Reardon, “y Thematic Review Series: Living History of Lipids ApoE knockout and knockin mice: the history of their contribution to the understanding of atherogen,” Journal Of Lipid Research, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 758–766, 2016.
- Michael D. Lovelace, Bianca Varney, Gayathri Sundaram, Matthew J. Lennon, Chai K. Lim, Kelly Jacobs, Gilles J. Guillemin, and Bruce J. Brew, “Recent evidence for an expanded role of the Kynurenine pathway of tryptophan metabolism in neurological diseases,” Neuropharmacology, 2016.