- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 497841, 13 pages
Animal Models of Cardiovascular Diseases
1Department of Epidemiology, Atherothrombosis and Cardiovascular Imaging, Fundacion Centro Nacional Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III (CNIC), Sinesio Delgado 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
2Renal and Vascular Research Laboratory, IIS-Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma, Avda Reyes Catolicos 2, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Received 11 October 2010; Revised 4 January 2011; Accepted 17 January 2011
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2011 Carlos Zaragoza et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [25 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Diana S. Nascimento, Mariana Valente, Tiago Esteves, Maria de Fátima de Pina, Joana G. Guedes, Ana Freire, Pedro Quelhas, and Perpétua Pinto-do-Ó, “MIQuant - semi-automation of infarct size assessment in models of cardiac ischemic injury,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 9, 2011.
- Rashmi Ram, Deanne M. Mickelsen, Catherine Theodoropoulos, and Burns C. Blaxall, “New approaches in small animal echocardiography: imaging the sounds of sile nce,” American Journal of Physiology-Heart and Circulatory Physiology, vol. 301, no. 5, pp. H1765–H1780, 2011.
- Kevin A. Strauss, Erik G. Puffenberger, and D. Holmes Morton, “One Community's Effort to Control Genetic Disease,” American Journal of Public Health, vol. 102, no. 7, pp. 1300–1306, 2012.
- W. Kloos, H.A. Katus, and B. Meder, “Genetic cardiomyopathies,” Herz, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 612–618, 2012.
- A Bähr, and E Wolf, “Domestic Animal Models for Biomedical Research,” Reproduction in Domestic Animals, vol. 47, pp. 59–71, 2012.
- Hélène Lemieux, and Blair E. Warren, “An animal model to study human muscular diseases involving mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation,” Journal of Bioenergetics and Biomembranes, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 503–512, 2012.
- Emily M Plummer, Diane Thomas, Giuseppe Destito, Leah P Shriver, and Marianne Manchester, “Interaction of cowpea mosaic virus nanoparticles with surface vimentin and inflammatory cells in atherosclerotic lesions,” Nanomedicine, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 877–888, 2012.
- Elisardo C. Vasquez, Veronica A. Peotta, Agata L. Gava, Thiago M. C. Pereira, and Silvana S. Meyrelles, “Cardiac and vascular phenotypes in the apolipoprotein E-deficient mouse,” Journal of Biomedical Science, vol. 19, 2012.
- Philipp Stiegler, Michael Sereinigg, Andreas Puntschart, Thomas Seifert-Held, Gerda Zmugg, Iris Wiederstein-Grasser, Wolfgang Marte, Andreas Meinitzer, Tatjana Stojakovic, Michael Zink, Vanessa Stadlbauer, and Karlheinz Tscheliessnigg, “A 10 min “no-touch” time - is it enough in DCD? A DCD Animal Study,” Transplant International, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 481–492, 2012.
- J Ritterhoff, and P Most, “Targeting S100A1 in heart failure,” Gene Therapy, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 613–621, 2012.
- Judee Grace Nemeno-Guanzon, Soojung Lee, Johan Robert Berg, Yong Hwa Jo, Jee Eun Yeo, Bo Mi Nam, Yong-Gon Koh, and Jeong Ik Lee, “Trends in Tissue Engineering for Blood Vessels,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–14, 2012.
- K. Tsukamoto, D. R. Mani, J. Shi, S. Zhang, D. E. Haagensen, F. Otsuka, J. Guan, J. D. Smith, W. Weng, R. Liao, F. D. Kolodgie, R. Virmani, and M. Krieger, “Identification of apolipoprotein D as a cardioprotective gene using a mouse model of lethal atherosclerotic coronary artery disease,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 110, no. 42, pp. 17023–17028, 2013.
- Nicholas T. Befera, Cristian T. Badea, and G. Allan Johnson, “Comparison of 4D-MicroSPECT and MicroCT for Murine Cardiac Function,” Molecular Imaging and Biology, 2013.
- Wolfgang Löscher, Katrin Hoffmann, Friederike Twele, Heidrun Potschka, and Kathrin Töllner, “The novel antiepileptic drug imepitoin compares favourably to other GABA-mimetic drugs in a seizure threshold model in mice and dogs,” Pharmacological Research, 2013.
- Rachael W. Quinn, “Animal Models for Bench to Bedside Translation of Regenerative Cardiac Constructs,” Progress in Pediatric Cardiology, 2013.
- Cajetan Lang, Sebastian Lehner, Andrei Todica, Guido Boening, Wolfgang-Michael Franz, Peter Bartenstein, Marcus Hacker, and Robert David, “Positron emission tomography based in-vivo imaging of early phase stem cell retention after intramyocardial delivery in the mouse model,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, 2013.
- Nassrene Y. Elmadhun, Ashraf A. Sabe, Michael P. Robich, Louis M. Chu, Antonio D. Lassaletta, and Frank W. Sellke, “The pig as a valuable model for testing the effect of resveratrol to prevent cardiovascular disease,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 1290, no. 1, pp. 130–135, 2013.
- Giovanna Grunewald Vietta, Michael Everton Andrades, Rafael Dall’Alba, Stefanie Ingrid Reis Schneider, Luzia Menegoto Frick, Ursula Matte, Andréia Biolo, Luis Eduardo Paim Rohde, and Nadine Clausell, “Early use of cardiac troponin-I and echocardiography imaging for prediction of myocardial infarction size in Wistar rats,” Life Sciences, 2013.
- Shigehiko Katoh, Shintaro Honda, Tetsu Watanabe, Satoshi Suzuki, Mitsunori Ishino, Tatsuro Kitahara, Akira Funayama, Shunsuke Netsu, Toshiki Sasaki, Tetsuro Shishido, Takuya Miyamoto, Mitsuaki Sadahiro, and Isao Kubota, “Atrial endothelial impairment through Toll-like receptor 4 signaling causes atrial thrombogenesis,” Heart and Vessels, 2013.
- Ivano Eberini, Robin Wait, Laura Calabresi, Cristina Sensi, Ingrid Miller, and Elisabetta Gianazza, “A proteomic portrait of atherosclerosis,” Journal of Proteomics, vol. 82, pp. 92–112, 2013.
- Nana Fan, and Liangxue Lai, “Genetically Modified Pig Models for Human Diseases,” Journal of Genetics and Genomics, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 67–73, 2013.
- S. Garrido-Urbani, M. Meguenani, F. Montecucco, and B. A. Imhof, “Immunological aspects of atherosclerosis,” Seminars in Immunopathology, 2013.
- Anne Mette Fisker Hag, Rasmus Sejersten Ripa, Sune Folke Pedersen, Rasmus Poul Bodholdt, and Andreas Kjaer, “ Small animal positron emission tomography imaging and in vivo studies of atherosclerosis ,” Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 173–185, 2013.
- Yong Wang, Chun Li, Wenjing Chuo, Zhongyang Liu, Yulin Ouyang, Dong Li, Jing Han, Yan Wu, Shuzhen Guo, and Wei Wang, “Integrated proteomic and metabolomic analysis reveals the NADH-mediated TCA cycle and energy metabolism disorders based on a new model of chronic progressive heart failure,” Molecular BioSystems, vol. 9, no. 12, pp. 3135, 2013.
- Chih-Pei Lin, Feng-Yen Lin, Po-Hsun Huang, Yuh-Lien Chen, Wen-Chi Chen, Huey-Yi Chen, Yu-Chuen Huang, Wen-Ling Liao, Huey-Chun Huang, Po-Len Liu, and Yung-Hsiang Chen, “Endothelial Progenitor Cell Dysfunction in Cardiovascular Diseases: Role of Reactive Oxygen Species and Inflammation,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.