- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 518323, 9 pages
Laboratory Animal Models for Brucellosis Research
1Departamento de Clínica e Cirurgia Veterinária, Escola de Veterinária (EV), Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG), 31270-901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
2Departamento de Patologia Geral, Instituto de Ciências Biológicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, 31270-901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
3Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Received 14 September 2010; Revised 25 November 2010; Accepted 11 January 2011
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2011 Teane M. A. Silva et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jeffrey W. Froude, Bradley Stiles, Thibaut Pelat, and Philippe Thullier, “Antibodies for biodefense,” Mabs, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 517–527, 2011.
- Hubert Schäfer, and Reinhard Burger, “Tools for cellular immunology and vaccine research the in the guinea pig: Monoclonal antibodies to cell surface antigens and cell lines,” Vaccine, vol. 30, no. 40, pp. 5804–5811, 2012.
- Lisa N. Henning, Karen T. Gillum, David A. Fisher, Roy E. Barnewall, Robert T. Krile, Michael S. Anderson, Michael J. Ryan, and Richard L. Warren, “The Pathophysiology of Inhalational Brucellosis in Balb/c Mice,” Scientific Reports, vol. 2, 2012.
- Marcelo Fort, Valeria Baldone, Lumila Fuchs, Hugo Giménez, María Rojas, Javier D. Breccia, and Jorge Oyhenart, “Experimental infection of rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus) with Brucella suis biovar 1 isolated from wild hares (Lepus europaeus),” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 156, no. 3-4, pp. 439–442, 2012.
- Sandra Céspedes, Paulina Salgado, Angello Retamal-Díaz, Roberto Vidal, and Angel Oñate, “Roles of genomic island 3 (GI-3) BAB1_0278 and BAB1_0263 open reading frames (ORFs) in the virulence of Brucella abortus in BALB/c mice,” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 156, no. 1-2, pp. 1–7, 2012.
- Richard Copin, Marie-Alice Vitry, Delphine Hanot Mambres, Arnaud Machelart, Carl De Trez, Jean-Marie Vanderwinden, Stefan Magez, Shizuo Akira, Bernhard Ryffel, Yves Carlier, Jean-Jacques Letesson, and Eric Muraille, “In Situ Microscopy Analysis Reveals Local Innate Immune Response Developed around Brucella Infected Cells in Resistant and Susceptible Mice,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 8, no. 3, 2012.
- Diana M. Posadas, Verónica Ruiz-Ranwez, Hernán R. Bonomi, Fernando A. Martín, and Angeles Zorreguieta, “BmaC, a novel autotransporter of Brucella suis, is involved in bacterial adhesion to host cells,” Cellular Microbiology, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 965–982, 2012.
- Kristine Bargen, Jean-Pierre Gorvel, and Suzana P. Salcedo, “Internal affairs: investigating the Brucella intracellular lifestyle,” FEMS Microbiology Reviews, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 533–562, 2012.
- A. M. Arenas-Gamboa, A. C. Rice-Ficht, Y. Fan, M. M. Kahl-McDonagh, and T. A. Ficht, “Extended Safety and Efficacy Studies of the Attenuated Brucella Vaccine Can didates 16M Delta vjbR and S19 Delta vjbR in the Immunocompromised IRF-1(-/ -) Mouse Model,” Clinical and Vaccine Immunology, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 249–260, 2012.
- Neeta Jain, Stephen M. Boyle, and Nammalwar Sriranganathan, “Effect of exogenous erythritol on growth and survival of Brucella,” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 160, no. 3-4, pp. 513–516, 2012.
- Ana Patrícia C. Silva, Auricélio A. Macêdo, Luciana F. Costa, Andréia P. Turchetti, Valquíria Bull, Moisés S. Pessoa, Márcio S.S. Araújo, Ernane F. Nascimento, Olindo A. Martins-Filho, Tatiane A. Paixão, and Renato L. Santos, “Brucella ovis lacking a species-specific putative ATP-binding cassette transporter is attenuated but immunogenic in rams,” Veterinary Microbiology, 2013.
- Jin Ju Lee, Jae Hong Kim, Dae Geun Kim, Dong Hyeok Kim, Hannah Leah Simborio, Won Gi Min, Man Hee Rhee, Jong Hwan Lim, Hong Hee Chang, and Suk Kim, “Characterization of betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase (BetB) as an essential virulence factor of Brucella abortus,” Veterinary Microbiology, 2013.