- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 518323, 9 pages
Laboratory Animal Models for Brucellosis Research
1Departamento de Clínica e Cirurgia Veterinária, Escola de Veterinária (EV), Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG), 31270-901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
2Departamento de Patologia Geral, Instituto de Ciências Biológicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, 31270-901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
3Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Received 14 September 2010; Revised 25 November 2010; Accepted 11 January 2011
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2011 Teane M. A. Silva et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [25 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jeffrey W. Froude, Bradley Stiles, Thibaut Pelat, and Philippe Thullier, “Antibodies for biodefense,” Mabs, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 517–527, 2011.
- Hubert Schäfer, and Reinhard Burger, “Tools for cellular immunology and vaccine research the in the guinea pig: Monoclonal antibodies to cell surface antigens and cell lines,” Vaccine, vol. 30, no. 40, pp. 5804–5811, 2012.
- Lisa N. Henning, Karen T. Gillum, David A. Fisher, Roy E. Barnewall, Robert T. Krile, Michael S. Anderson, Michael J. Ryan, and Richard L. Warren, “The Pathophysiology of Inhalational Brucellosis in Balb/c Mice,” Scientific Reports, vol. 2, 2012.
- Marcelo Fort, Valeria Baldone, Lumila Fuchs, Hugo Giménez, María Rojas, Javier D. Breccia, and Jorge Oyhenart, “Experimental infection of rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus) with Brucella suis biovar 1 isolated from wild hares (Lepus europaeus),” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 156, no. 3-4, pp. 439–442, 2012.
- Sandra Céspedes, Paulina Salgado, Angello Retamal-Díaz, Roberto Vidal, and Angel Oñate, “Roles of genomic island 3 (GI-3) BAB1_0278 and BAB1_0263 open reading frames (ORFs) in the virulence of Brucella abortus in BALB/c mice,” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 156, no. 1-2, pp. 1–7, 2012.
- Jennifer A. Ritchie, Adam Rupper, and James A. Cardelli, “Host interferon-gamma inducible protein contributes to Brucella survival,” Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology, vol. 2, 2012.
- Richard Copin, Marie-Alice Vitry, Delphine Hanot Mambres, Arnaud Machelart, Carl De Trez, Jean-Marie Vanderwinden, Stefan Magez, Shizuo Akira, Bernhard Ryffel, Yves Carlier, Jean-Jacques Letesson, and Eric Muraille, “In Situ Microscopy Analysis Reveals Local Innate Immune Response Developed around Brucella Infected Cells in Resistant and Susceptible Mice,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 8, no. 3, 2012.
- Diana M. Posadas, Verónica Ruiz-Ranwez, Hernán R. Bonomi, Fernando A. Martín, and Angeles Zorreguieta, “BmaC, a novel autotransporter of Brucella suis, is involved in bacterial adhesion to host cells,” Cellular Microbiology, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 965–982, 2012.
- Kristine Bargen, Jean-Pierre Gorvel, and Suzana P. Salcedo, “Internal affairs: investigating the Brucella intracellular lifestyle,” FEMS Microbiology Reviews, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 533–562, 2012.
- A. M. Arenas-Gamboa, A. C. Rice-Ficht, Y. Fan, M. M. Kahl-McDonagh, and T. A. Ficht, “Extended Safety and Efficacy Studies of the Attenuated Brucella Vaccine Can didates 16M Delta vjbR and S19 Delta vjbR in the Immunocompromised IRF-1(-/ -) Mouse Model,” Clinical and Vaccine Immunology, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 249–260, 2012.
- Neeta Jain, Stephen M. Boyle, and Nammalwar Sriranganathan, “Effect of exogenous erythritol on growth and survival of Brucella,” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 160, no. 3-4, pp. 513–516, 2012.
- Ana Patrícia C. Silva, Auricélio A. Macêdo, Luciana F. Costa, Andréia P. Turchetti, Valquíria Bull, Moisés S. Pessoa, Márcio S.S. Araújo, Ernane F. Nascimento, Olindo A. Martins-Filho, Tatiane A. Paixão, and Renato L. Santos, “Brucella ovis lacking a species-specific putative ATP-binding cassette transporter is attenuated but immunogenic in rams,” Veterinary Microbiology, 2013.
- Houchaima Ben-Tekaya, Jean-Pierre Gorvel, and Christoph Dehio, “Bartonella and Brucella-weapons and strategies for stealth attack,” Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives in Medicine, vol. 3, no. 8, 2013.
- Jin Ju Lee, Dong Hyeok Kim, Dae Geun Kim, Hu Jang Lee, Wongi Min, Man Hee Rhee, Jae Youl Cho, Masahisa Watarai, and Suk Kim, “Toll-like receptor 4-linked janus kinase 2 signaling contributes to Internalization of Brucella abortus by macrophages,” Infection and Immunity, vol. 81, no. 7, pp. 2448–2458, 2013.
- Ana Luiza S. Vieira, Teane M.A. Silva, Juliana P.S. Mol, Sergio C. Oliveira, Renato L. Santos, and Tatiane A. Paixão, “MyD88 and TLR9 are required for early control of Brucella ovis infection in mice,” Research in Veterinary Science, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 399–405, 2013.
- Diogo M. Magnani, Elizabeth T. Lyons, Toni S. Forde, Mohammed T. Shekhani, Vyacheslav A. Adarichev, and Gary A. Splitter, “Osteoarticular tissue infection and development of skeletal pathology in murine brucellosis,” DMM Disease Models and Mechanisms, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 811–818, 2013.
- Thomas E. Todd, Omar Tibi, Yu Lin, Samantha Sayers, Denise N. Bronner, and Zuoshuang Xiang, “Meta-analysis of variables affecting mouse protection efficacy of whole org anism Brucella vaccines and vaccine candidates,” Bmc Bioinformatics, vol. 14, 2013.
- Jin Ju Lee, Jae Hong Kim, Dae Geun Kim, Dong Hyeok Kim, Hannah Leah Simborio, Won Gi Min, Man Hee Rhee, Jong Hwan Lim, Hong Hee Chang, and Suk Kim, “Characterization of betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase (BetB) as an essential virulence factor of Brucella abortus,” Veterinary Microbiology, 2013.
- Jin Ju Lee, Suk Kim, Dong Hyeok Kim, Sung Bin Park, Jeong Ju Lim, Dae Geun Kim, Won Gi Min, Hu Jang Lee, Do Kyung Kim, and Hong Hee Chang, “Redundant effects of ketamine on the pathogenesis and severity of Brucella abortus infection,” Comparative Immunology, Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 71–81, 2013.
- Elena L. Grigorenko, “Introduction to the Special Section on Genomics,” Child Development, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 6–16, 2013.
- Xinghong Yang, Jerod A. Skyberg, Ling Cao, Beata Clapp, Theresa Thornburg, and David W. Pascual, “Progress in Brucella vaccine development,” Frontiers in Biology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 60–77, 2013.
- Pablo C. Baldi, and Guillermo H. Giambartolomei, “Immunopathology of Brucella infection,” Recent Patents on Anti-Infective Drug Discovery, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 18–26, 2013.
- Luisa Ortiz-Román, Roberto Riquelme-Neira, RobertoVidal, and Angel Oñate, “Roles of genomic island 3 (GI-3) BAB1_0267 and BAB1_0270 open reading frames (ORFs) in the virulence of Brucella abortus 2308,” Veterinary Microbiology, 2014.
- Abylai Sansyzbay, Zhailaubay Kydyrbayev, Bolat Yespembetov, Sholpan Ryskeldinova, Nadezhda Zinina, Nurika Assanzhanova, Kulaisan Sultankulova, Nurlan Sandybayev, Berik Khairullin, Irina Kuznetsova, Boris Ferko, and Andrej Egorov, “Influenza viral vectors expressing the Brucella OMP16 or L7/L12 proteins as vaccines against B. abortus infection,” Virology Journal, vol. 11, 2014.
- Francisco Torre, Ruth Rodríguez, Gago Jorge, Beatriz Villar, Rosa Álvarez-Otero, Jacqueline Grima-Pettenati, and Pedro Pablo Gallego, “Genetic transformation of Eucalyptus globulus using the vascular-specific EgCCR as an alternative to the constitutive CaMV35S promoter,” Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture (PCTOC), 2014.