- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 518323, 9 pages
Laboratory Animal Models for Brucellosis Research
1Departamento de Clínica e Cirurgia Veterinária, Escola de Veterinária (EV), Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG), 31270-901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
2Departamento de Patologia Geral, Instituto de Ciências Biológicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, 31270-901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
3Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Received 14 September 2010; Revised 25 November 2010; Accepted 11 January 2011
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2011 Teane M. A. Silva et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [35 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jeffrey W. Froude, Bradley Stiles, Thibaut Pelat, and Philippe Thullier, “Antibodies for biodefense,” Mabs, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 517–527, 2011.
- Hubert Schäfer, and Reinhard Burger, “Tools for cellular immunology and vaccine research the in the guinea pig: Monoclonal antibodies to cell surface antigens and cell lines,” Vaccine, vol. 30, no. 40, pp. 5804–5811, 2012.
- Lisa N. Henning, Karen T. Gillum, David A. Fisher, Roy E. Barnewall, Robert T. Krile, Michael S. Anderson, Michael J. Ryan, and Richard L. Warren, “The Pathophysiology of Inhalational Brucellosis in Balb/c Mice,” Scientific Reports, vol. 2, 2012.
- Marcelo Fort, Valeria Baldone, Lumila Fuchs, Hugo Giménez, María Rojas, Javier D. Breccia, and Jorge Oyhenart, “Experimental infection of rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus) with Brucella suis biovar 1 isolated from wild hares (Lepus europaeus),” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 156, no. 3-4, pp. 439–442, 2012.
- Sandra Céspedes, Paulina Salgado, Angello Retamal-Díaz, Roberto Vidal, and Angel Oñate, “Roles of genomic island 3 (GI-3) BAB1_0278 and BAB1_0263 open reading frames (ORFs) in the virulence of Brucella abortus in BALB/c mice,” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 156, no. 1-2, pp. 1–7, 2012.
- Jennifer A. Ritchie, Adam Rupper, and James A. Cardelli, “Host interferon-gamma inducible protein contributes to Brucella survival,” Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology, vol. 2, 2012.
- Richard Copin, Marie-Alice Vitry, Delphine Hanot Mambres, Arnaud Machelart, Carl De Trez, Jean-Marie Vanderwinden, Stefan Magez, Shizuo Akira, Bernhard Ryffel, Yves Carlier, Jean-Jacques Letesson, and Eric Muraille, “In Situ Microscopy Analysis Reveals Local Innate Immune Response Developed around Brucella Infected Cells in Resistant and Susceptible Mice,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 8, no. 3, 2012.
- Diana M. Posadas, Verónica Ruiz-Ranwez, Hernán R. Bonomi, Fernando A. Martín, and Angeles Zorreguieta, “BmaC, a novel autotransporter of Brucella suis, is involved in bacterial adhesion to host cells,” Cellular Microbiology, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 965–982, 2012.
- Kristine Bargen, Jean-Pierre Gorvel, and Suzana P. Salcedo, “Internal affairs: investigating the Brucella intracellular lifestyle,” FEMS Microbiology Reviews, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 533–562, 2012.
- A. M. Arenas-Gamboa, A. C. Rice-Ficht, Y. Fan, M. M. Kahl-McDonagh, and T. A. Ficht, “Extended Safety and Efficacy Studies of the Attenuated Brucella Vaccine Candidates 16M Delta vjbR and S19 Delta vjbR in the Immunocompromised IRF-1(-/-) Mouse Model,” Clinical And Vaccine Immunology, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 249–260, 2012.
- Neeta Jain, Stephen M. Boyle, and Nammalwar Sriranganathan, “Effect of exogenous erythritol on growth and survival of Brucella,” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 160, no. 3-4, pp. 513–516, 2012.
- Ana Patrícia C. Silva, Auricélio A. Macêdo, Luciana F. Costa, Andréia P. Turchetti, Valquíria Bull, Moisés S. Pessoa, Márcio S.S. Araújo, Ernane F. Nascimento, Olindo A. Martins-Filho, Tatiane A. Paixão, and Renato L. Santos, “Brucella ovis lacking a species-specific putative ATP-binding cassette transporter is attenuated but immunogenic in rams,” Veterinary Microbiology, 2013.
- Houchaima Ben-Tekaya, Jean-Pierre Gorvel, and Christoph Dehio, “Bartonella and Brucella-weapons and strategies for stealth attack,” Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives in Medicine, vol. 3, no. 8, 2013.
- Jin Ju Lee, Dong Hyeok Kim, Dae Geun Kim, Hu Jang Lee, Wongi Min, Man Hee Rhee, Jae Youl Cho, Masahisa Watarai, and Suk Kim, “Toll-like receptor 4-linked janus kinase 2 signaling contributes to Internalization of Brucella abortus by macrophages,” Infection and Immunity, vol. 81, no. 7, pp. 2448–2458, 2013.
- Ana Luiza S. Vieira, Teane M.A. Silva, Juliana P.S. Mol, Sergio C. Oliveira, Renato L. Santos, and Tatiane A. Paixão, “MyD88 and TLR9 are required for early control of Brucella ovis infection in mice,” Research in Veterinary Science, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 399–405, 2013.
- Diogo M. Magnani, Elizabeth T. Lyons, Toni S. Forde, Mohammed T. Shekhani, Vyacheslav A. Adarichev, and Gary A. Splitter, “Osteoarticular tissue infection and development of skeletal pathology in murine brucellosis,” DMM Disease Models and Mechanisms, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 811–818, 2013.
- Thomas E. Todd, Omar Tibi, Yu Lin, Samantha Sayers, Denise N. Bronner, Zuoshuang Xiang, and Yongqun He, “Meta-analysis of variables affecting mouse protection efficacy of whole organism Brucella vaccines and vaccine candidates,” Bmc Bioinformatics, vol. 14, 2013.
- Jin Ju Lee, Jae Hong Kim, Dae Geun Kim, Dong Hyeok Kim, Hannah Leah Simborio, Won Gi Min, Man Hee Rhee, Jong Hwan Lim, Hong Hee Chang, and Suk Kim, “Characterization of betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase (BetB) as an essential virulence factor of Brucella abortus,” Veterinary Microbiology, 2013.
- Elena L. Grigorenko, “Introduction to the Special Section on Genomics,” Child Development, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 6–16, 2013.
- Jin Ju Lee, Suk Kim, Dong Hyeok Kim, Sung Bin Park, Jeong Ju Lim, Dae Geun Kim, Won Gi Min, Hu Jang Lee, Do Kyung Kim, and Hong Hee Chang, “Redundant effects of ketamine on the pathogenesis and severity of Brucella abortus infection,” Comparative Immunology, Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 71–81, 2013.
- Xinghong Yang, Jerod A. Skyberg, Ling Cao, Beata Clapp, Theresa Thornburg, and David W. Pascual, “Progress in Brucella vaccine development,” Frontiers in Biology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 60–77, 2013.
- Pablo C. Baldi, and Guillermo H. Giambartolomei, “Immunopathology of Brucella infection,” Recent Patents on Anti-Infective Drug Discovery, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 18–26, 2013.
- Pilar Sancho, Carmen Tejedor, Rebeca S. Sidhu-Munoz, Luis Fernandez-Lago, and Nieves Vizcaino, “Evaluation in mice of Brucella ovis attenuated mutants for use as live vaccines against B. ovis infection,” Veterinary Research, vol. 45, 2014.
- Luisa Ortiz-Román, Roberto Riquelme-Neira, RobertoVidal, and Angel Oñate, “Roles of genomic island 3 (GI-3) BAB1_0267 and BAB1_0270 open reading frames (ORFs) in the virulence of Brucella abortus 2308,” Veterinary Microbiology, 2014.
- Kaissar Tabynov, Abylai Sansyzbay, Zhailaubay Kydyrbayev, Bolat Yespembetov, Sholpan Ryskeldinova, Nadezhda Zinina, Nurika Assanzhanova, Kulaisan Sultankulova, Nurlan Sandybayev, Berik Khairullin, Irina Kuznetsova, Boris Ferko, and Andrej Egorov, “Influenza viral vectors expressing the Brucella OMP16 or L7/L12 proteins as vaccines against B. abortus infection,” Virology Journal, vol. 11, 2014.
- Francisco Torre, Ruth Rodríguez, Gago Jorge, Beatriz Villar, Rosa Álvarez-Otero, Jacqueline Grima-Pettenati, and Pedro Pablo Gallego, “Genetic transformation of Eucalyptus globulus using the vascular-specific EgCCR as an alternative to the constitutive CaMV35S promoter,” Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture (PCTOC), 2014.
- Karina Leite Miranda, Elaine Maria Seles Dorneles, Rebeca Barbosa Pauletti, Fernando Padilla Poester, and Andrey Pereira Lage, “Brucella abortus S19 and RB51 vaccine immunogenicity test: Evaluation of three mice (BALB/c, Swiss and CD-1®) and two challenge strains (544 and 2308),” Vaccine, 2014.
- S. C. Olsen, and M. V. Palmer, “Advancement of Knowledge of Brucella Over the Past 50 Years,” Veterinary Pathology, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1076–1089, 2014.
- Delphine Hanot Mambres, Arnaud Machelart, Jean-Marie Vanderwinden, Carl De Trez, Bernhard Ryffel, Jean-Jacques Letesson, and Eric Muraille, “In Situ Characterization of Splenic Brucella melitensis Reservoir Cells during the Chronic Phase of Infection in Susceptible Mice,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 9, 2015.
- Ana Patrcia C. Silva, Auricelio A. Macedo, Teane M. A. Silva, Luana C. A. Ximenes, Humberto M. Brandao, Tatiane A. Paixao, and Renato L. Santos, “Protection Provided by an Encapsulated Live Attenuated Delta abcBA Strain of Brucella ovis against Experimental Challenge in a Murine Model,” Clinical And Vaccine Immunology, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 789–797, 2015.
- Faez Firdaus Abdullah Jesse, Yusuf Abba, Abdulnasir Tijjani, Muhammad Abubakar Sadiq, Mohammed Konto, Lawan Adamu, Abdul Haron Wahid, Mohd Lila MohdAzmi, Lim Teik Chung Eric, Muhammad Firdaus Ab Rahman, Nafisah Binti Mydin, and Abdul Aziz Saharee, “Gonado-hypophyseal lesions and reproductive hormonal changes in Brucella melitensis-infected mice and its lipopolysaccharides (LPSs),” Comparative Clinical Pathology, 2015.
- Alison J. Carey, Chee K. Tan, Deepak S. Ipe, Matthew J. Sullivan, Allan W. Cripps, Mark A. Schembri, and Glen C. Ulett, “Urinary tract infection of mice to model human disease: Practicalities, implications and limitations,” Critical Reviews in Microbiology, pp. 1–20, 2015.
- Ihsan Muneer Ahmed, Siti Khairani-Bejo, Latiffah Hassan, Abdul Rani Bahaman, and Abdul Rahman Omar, “Serological diagnostic potential of recombinant outer membrane proteins (rOMPs) from Brucella melitensis in mouse model using indirect enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay,” BMC Veterinary Research, vol. 11, no. 1, 2015.
- Evan Barr-Beare, Vijay Saxena, Evann E. Hilt, Krystal Thomas-White, Megan Schober, Birong Li, Brian Becknell, David S. Hains, Alan J. Wolfe, and Andrew L. Schwaderer, “The Interaction between Enterobacteriaceae and Calcium Oxalate Deposits,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 10, 2015.
- Daniel S. Olsen, Wesley A. Goar, Brandt A. Nichols, K. Tyson Bailey, S. Loyd Christensen, Kayla R. Merriam, Paul R. Reynolds, Eric Wilson, K. Scott Weber, and Laura C. Bridgewater, “Targeted Mutation of Nuclear Bone Morphogenetic Protein 2 Impairs Secondary Immune Response in a Mouse Model,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–13, 2015.