- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 617974, 12 pages
Presenilin-2 Mutation Causes Early Amyloid Accumulation and Memory Impairment in a Transgenic Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease
1Molecular Gerontology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, 35-2 Sakae-Cho, Itabashi-Ku, Tokyo 173-0015, Japan
2JAC Co, Ltd, 1-2-7 Higashiyama, Meguro-Ku, Tokyo 153-0043, Japan
3Immuno-Biological Laboratories Co, Ltd., 1091-1 Naka, Aza-Higashida, Fujioka-shi, Gunma 370-0831, Japan
Received 15 September 2010; Revised 17 November 2010; Accepted 4 December 2010
Academic Editor: Monica Fedele
Copyright © 2011 Toshihiko Toda et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kazuma Murakami, Shin-ichi Yokoyama, Nakaba Murata, Yusuke Ozawa, Kazuhiro Irie, Takuji Shirasawa, and Takahiko Shimizu, “Insulin receptor mutation results in insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia but does not exacerbate Alzheimer’s-like phenotypes in mice,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 409, no. 1, pp. 34–39, 2011.
- Kazuma Murakami, Nakaba Murata, Yoshihiro Noda, Shoichi Tahara, Takao Kaneko, Noriaki Kinoshita, Hiroyuki Hatsuta, Shigeo Murayama, Kevin J. Barnham, Kazuhiro Irie, Takuji Shirasawa, and Takahiko Shimizu, “SOD1 (Copper/Zinc Superoxide Dismutase) Deficiency Drives Amyloid beta Protein Oligomerization and Memory Loss in Mouse Model of Alzheimer Disease,” Journal Of Biological Chemistry, vol. 286, no. 52, pp. 44557–44568, 2011.
- Yasmina Manso, Javier Carrasco, Gemma Comes, Paul A. Adlard, Ashley I. Bush, and Juan Hidalgo, “Characterization of the role of the antioxidant proteins metallothioneins 1 and 2 in an animal model of Alzheimer's disease,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, vol. 69, no. 21, pp. 3665–3681, 2012.
- Yasmina Manso, Javier Carrasco, Gemma Comes, Gabriele Meloni, Paul A. Adlard, Ashley I. Bush, Milan Vašák, and Juan Hidalgo, “Characterization of the role of etallothionein-3 in an animal model of Alzheimer's disease,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, vol. 69, no. 21, pp. 3683–3700, 2012.
- Yasushi Kishimoto, and Yutaka Kirino, “Presenilin 2 mutation accelerates the onset of impairment in trace eyeblink conditioning in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease overexpressing human mutant amyloid precursor protein,” Neuroscience Letters, vol. 538, pp. 15–19, 2013.
- Jung-Eun Lee, and Pyung-Lim Han, “An Update of Animal Models of Alzheimer Disease with a Reevaluation of Plaque Depositions,” Experimental Neurobiology, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 84, 2013.
- Fusheng Niu, Shanshan Yu, Zhenxin Zhang, Xin Yi, Lili Ye, Wei Tang, Changchun Qiu, Hongbo Wen, Yujing Sun, Jing Gao, and Yupu Guo, “A novel mutation in the PSEN2 gene (N141Y) associated with early-onset autosomal dominant Alzheimer’s disease in a Chinese Han family,” Neurobiology of Aging, 2014.
- Marco Antonio Meraz-Ríos, Diana Franco-Bocanegra, Danira Toral Rios, and Victoria Campos-Peña, “Early Onset Alzheimer’s Disease and Oxidative Stress,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2014, pp. 1–14, 2014.