- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 758736, 11 pages
Bovine Model of Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiomyopathy
1MD/PhD Program, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
2Cardiovascular Innovation Institute, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
3Department of Medicine, Institute of Molecular Cardiology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
4Department of Bioengineering, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40208, USA
5Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
6Robley Rex VAMC, Louisville, KY 40206, USA
Received 25 August 2010; Revised 29 October 2010; Accepted 16 November 2010
Academic Editor: Andrea Vecchione
Copyright © 2011 Carlo R. Bartoli et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Carlo R. Bartoli, William B. Wead, Guruprasad A. Giridharan, Sumanth D. Prabhu, Steven C. Koenig, and Robert D. Dowling, “Mechanism of myocardial ischemia with an anomalous left coronary artery from the right sinus of Valsalva,” The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 144, no. 2, pp. 402–408, 2012.
- Steven R. Houser, Kenneth B. Margulies, Anne M. Murphy, Francis G. Spinale, Gary S. Francis, Sumanth D. Prabhu, Howard A. Rockman, David A. Kass, Jeffery D. Molkentin, Mark A. Sussman, and Walter J. Koch, “Animal Models of Heart Failure A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association,” Circulation Research, vol. 111, no. 1, pp. 131–150, 2012.
- Carlo R. Bartoli, Sujith Dassanayaka, Kenneth Brittian, Arun C. Nadar, Mohamed A. Ismahil, Steven C. Koenig, and Sumanth D. Prabhu, “Direct Measurement of Blood Flow in Microvessels Grown in Matrigel In Vivo,” Journal of Surgical Research, vol. 172, no. 1, pp. e55–e60, 2012.
- Carlo R. Bartoli, Leslie C. Sherwood, Guruprasad A. Giridharan, Mark S. Slaughter, William B. Wead, Sumanth D. Prabhu, and Steven C. Koenig, “Bovine Model of Chronic Ischemic Cardiomyopathy: Implications for Ventricular Assist Device Research,” Artificial Organs, 2013.
- Carlo R. Bartoli, Paul A. Spence, Thorsten Siess, Daniel H. Raess, Steven C. Koenig, and Robert D. Dowling, “Nonphysiologic blood flow triggers endothelial and arterial remodeling in vivo: Implications for novel left ventricular assist devices with a peripheral anastomosis,” The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 2013.
- Leslie C. Sherwood, Michael A. Sobieski, Steven C. Koenig, Guruprasad A. Giridharan, and Mark S. Slaughter, “Benefits of Aggressive Medical Management in a Bovine Model of Chronic Ischemic Heart Failure,” ASAIO Journal, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 221–229, 2013.
- Gretel Monreal, Leslie C. Sherwood, Michael A. Sobieski, Guruprasad A. Giridharan, Mark S. Slaughter, and Steven C. Koenig, “Large Animal Models for Left Ventricular Assist Device Research and Development,” ASAIO Journal, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 2–8, 2014.
- Yifei Li, Jie Fang, Yimin Hua, Chuan Wang, Dezhi Mu, and Kaiyu Zhou, “The Study of Fetal Rat Model of Intra-Amniotic Isoproterenol Injection Induced Heart Dysfunction and Phenotypic Switch of Contractile Proteins,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–14, 2014.
- Shravanthi Mouli, Gayani Nanayakkara, Abdullah AlAlasmari, Haitham Eldoumani, Xiaoyu Fu, Avery Berlin, Madhukar Lohani, Ben Nie, Robert D. Arnold, Andreas Kavazis, Forrest Smith, Ronald Beyers, Thomas Denney, Muralikrishnan Dhanasekaran, Juming Zhong, John Quindry, and Rajesh Amin, “The role of frataxin in doxorubicin-mediated cardiac hypertrophy,” American Journal Of Physiology-Heart And Circulatory Physiology, vol. 309, no. 5, pp. H844–H859, 2015.