- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 903097, 8 pages
Methotrexate Toxicity in Growing Long Bones of Young Rats: A Model for Studying Cancer Chemotherapy-Induced Bone Growth Defects in Children
1Sansom Institute for Health Research, and School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, University of South Australia, City East Campus, GPO Box 2471, Adelaide, SA 5001, Australia
2Discipline of Paediatrics, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
3Discipline of Physiology, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Received 10 September 2010; Accepted 21 January 2011
Academic Editor: Andrea Vecchione
Copyright © 2011 Chiaming Fan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Tristan J. King, Kristen R. Georgiou, Johanna C. Cool, Michaela A. Scherer, Estabelle S.M. Ang, Bruce K. Foster, Jiake Xu, and Cory J. Xian, “Methotrexate Chemotherapy Promotes Osteoclast Formation in the Long Bone of Rats via Increased Pro-Inflammatory Cytokines and Enhanced NF-κB Activation,” The American Journal of Pathology, vol. 181, no. 1, pp. 121–129, 2012.
- Chia-Ming Fan, Bruce K. Foster, Susanta K. Hui, and Cory J. Xian, “Prevention of Bone Growth Defects, Increased Bone Resorption and Marrow Adiposity with Folinic Acid in Rats Receiving Long-Term Methotrexate,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 10, 2012.
- Stella D'Oronzo, Antonella Tamma, Valeria Simone, Vito Longo, and Franco Silvestris, “Bone health in the oncologic patient,” Recenti Progressi in Medicina, vol. 103, no. 10, pp. 373–383, 2012.
- G. Subramanian, and S.Y.P. Quek, “Comment on Narváez et al.: Lack of response to teriparatide therapy for bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw,” Osteoporosis International, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 735–736, 2013.
- Rethi Raghu Nadhanan, Chia-Ming Fan, Yu-Wen Su, Peter R.C. Howe, and Cory J. Xian, “Fish oil in comparison to folinic acid for protection against adverse effects of methotrexate chemotherapy on bone,” Journal of Orthopaedic Research, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 587–596, 2013.
- Chiaming Fan, Maria Garcia, Michaela Scherer, C Cuong Tran, and Cory J. Xian, “Potential roles of metallothioneins I and II in protecting bone growth following acute methotrexate chemotherapy,” Journal of Chemotherapy, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 37–48, 2014.
- Jadwiga Ambroszkiewicz, Magdalena Chelchowska, Katarzyna Szamotulska, Magdalena Rychlowska-Pruszyńska, Grażyna Rowicka, and Joanna Gajewska, “Body composition parameters and adipokines levels in relation to bone mineral density in patients with malignant bone tumors after treatment,” Pediatric Blood & Cancer, 2014.
- Jessica Jacabacci, Michael Guzzardi, and Teresa G. D'Aversa, “Exogenous folic acid is not able to inhibit the effects of methotrexate on the folate pathway in zebrafish embryos,” Bios, vol. 86, no. 3, pp. 125–133, 2015.
- Joana Simões Pereira, Margarida Silva Vieira, Paula Pereira, and Maria Conceição Pereira, “Sequelas endócrinas do tratamento oncológico – qual o papel da deficiência da hormona do crescimento no desenvolvimento de osteoporose?,” Revista Portuguesa de Endocrinologia, Diabetes e Metabolismo, 2015.
- Jerzy Swierkot, Katarzyna Gruszecka, Agnieszka Matuszewska, and Piotr Wiland, “Assessment of the Effect of Methotrexate Therapy on Bone Metabolism in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis,” Archivum Immunologiae Et Therapiae Experimentalis, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 397–404, 2015.