- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 937061, 9 pages
Intravesical Dimethyl Sulfoxide Inhibits Acute and Chronic Bladder Inflammation in Transgenic Experimental Autoimmune Cystitis Models
1Department of Urology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611-3008, USA
2Department of Urology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242-1089, USA
Received 8 September 2010; Accepted 20 October 2010
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2011 Ronald Kim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Nathan A. Bockholt, Matthew J. Knudson, Jonathan R. Henning, José L. Maymí, Peter Weady, George J. Smith, Michael D. Eisenbraun, James D. Fraser, Michael A. O'Donnell, and Yi Luo, “Anti-Interleukin-10R1 Monoclonal Antibody Enhances Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Induced T-Helper Type 1 Immune Responses and Antitumor Immunity in a Mouse Orthotopic Model of Bladder Cancer,” The Journal of Urology, vol. 187, no. 6, pp. 2228–2235, 2012.
- Jochen Neuhaus, and Thilo Schwalenberg, “Intravesical treatments of bladder pain syndrome/interstitial cystitis,” Nature Reviews Urology, vol. 9, no. 12, pp. 707–720, 2012.
- Brad A. Patrick, Amitava Das, and Anil K. Jaiswal, “NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 protects bladder epithelium against painful bladder syndrome in mice,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, vol. 53, no. 10, pp. 1886–1893, 2012.
- Oleg A. Nardid, Miroslav I. Schetinskey, and Yuliya V. Kucherenko, “Dimethyl sulfoxide at high concentrations inhibits non-selective cation channels in human erythrocytes,” General Physiology and Biophysics, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 23–32, 2013.
- Marc A. Colaco, and Robert J. Evans, “Current Recommendations for Bladder Instillation Therapy in the Treatment of Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder Pain Syndrome,” Current Urology Reports, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 442–447, 2013.