- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 951043, 11 pages
Vanadium Inhalation in a Mouse Model for the Understanding of Air-Suspended Particle Systemic Repercussion
1Departamento de Biología Celular y Tisular, Facultad de Medicina, UNAM, 04510 Mexico City, Mexico
2Departamento de Neurociencias, FES Iztacala UNAM, 54090 Tlalnepantla, Mex, Mexico
Received 15 September 2010; Revised 11 February 2011; Accepted 8 March 2011
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2011 T. I. Fortoul et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- M. Ustarroz-Cano, I. García-Peláez, G. Piñón-Zárate, M. Herrera-Enríquez, G. Soldevila, and T.I. Fortoul, “CD11c decrease in mouse thymic dendritic cells after vanadium inhalation,” Journal of Immunotoxicology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 374–380, 2012.
- Seonhwa Kim, Scott Lowman, Guichuan Hou, Jerzy Nowak, Barry Flinn, and Chuansheng Mei, “Growth promotion and colonization of switchgrass (Panicum virgatum) cv. Alamo by bacterial endophyte Burkholderia phytofirmans strain PsJN,” Biotechnology for Biofuels, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 37, 2012.
- Longhua Luo, Xinru Hong, Chunjing Chen, Stephen P. Brooks, and Yanfeng Song, “Identification of pathology from diesel exhaust particles in the bladder in a rat model by aspiration of particles from the pharynx,” Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 380–387, 2013.
- Santiago Cuesta, Ramiro Proietto, and Graciela Beatriz García, “Astrogliosis and HSP 70 activation in neonate rats' brain exposed to sodium metavanadate through lactation,” Neurotoxicology and Teratology, vol. 37, pp. 57–62, 2013.
- Marcela Rojas-Lemus, Mario Altamirano-Lozano, and Teresa I. Fortoul, “Sex differences in blood genotoxic and cytotoxic effects as a consequence of vanadium inhalation: micronucleus assay evaluation,” Journal of Applied Toxicology, 2013.
- T.I. Fortoul, V. Rodriguez-Lara, A. González-Villalva, M. Rojas-Lemus, G. Cano-Gutiérrez, M. Ustarroz-Cano, L. Colín-Barenque, P. Bizarro-Nevares, I. García-Pealez, L.F. Montaño, R.S. Jimenez-Martinez, N. Lopez-Valdez, M.L. Ruiz-Guerrero, N.A. Meléndez-García, F.A. García-Ibarra, V. Martínez-Baez, D. Zapata Alfaro, A. Muñiz-Rivera-Cambas, L.S. López-Zepeda, E.M. Quezada-Maldonado, and S. Cervantes-Yépez, “Inhalation of vanadium pentoxide and its toxic effects in a mouse model,” Inorganica Chimica Acta, 2014.
- T. I. Fortoul, M. Rojas-Lemus, V. Rodriguez-Lara, A. Gonzalez-Villalva, M. Ustarroz-Cano, G. Cano-Gutierrez, S. E. Gonzalez-Rendon, L. F. Montano, and M. Altamirano-Lozano, “Overview of environmental and occupational vanadium exposure and associated health outcomes: An article based on a presentation at the 8th International Symposium on Vanadium Chemistry, Biological Chemistry, and Toxicology, Washington DC, August 15-18, 2012,” Journal of Immunotoxicology, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 13–18, 2014.
- Laura Colin-Barenque, Jose Pedraza-Chaverri, Omar Medina-Campos, Ruben Jimenez-Martinez, Patricia Bizarro-Nevares, Adriana Gonzalez-Villalva, Marcela Rojas-Lemus, and Teresa I. Fortoul, “Functional and Morphological Olfactory Bulb Modifications in Mice after Vanadium Inhalation,” Toxicologic Pathology, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 282–291, 2015.
- Vianey Rodriguez-Lara, Angelica Muñiz-Rivera Cambas, Adriana González Villalva, and Teresa I. Fortoul, “Sex-based differences in lymphocyte proliferation in the spleen after vanadium inhalation,” Journal of Immunotoxicology, pp. 1–11, 2016.