- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 961298, 10 pages
Comparison of Myocardial Remodeling between Cryoinfarction and Reperfused Infarction in Mice
1Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Clinical Center Bonn, 53105 Bonn, Germany
2Institute of Physiology I, University Clinical Center Bonn, 53105 Bonn, Germany
3Department of Urology, University Clinical Center Bonn, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Received 16 September 2010; Accepted 25 October 2010
Academic Editor: Monica Fedele
Copyright © 2011 Georg D. Duerr et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. I. Jugdutt, G. M. Hutchins, B. H. Bulkley, and L. C. Becker, “Myocardial infarction in the conscious dog: three-dimensional mapping of infarct, collateral flow and region at risk,” Circulation, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 1141–1150, 1979.
- N. G. Frangogiannis, C. W. Smith, and M. L. Entman, “The inflammatory response in myocardial infarction,” Cardiovascular Research, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 31–47, 2002.
- O. Dewald, N. G. Frangogiannis, M. Zoerlein et al., “Development of murine ischemic cardiomyopathy is associated with a transient inflammatory reaction and depends on reactive oxygen species,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 100, no. 5, pp. 2700–2705, 2003.
- O. Dewald, G. Ren, G. D. Duerr et al., “Of mice and dogs: species-specific differences in the inflammatory response following myocardial infarction,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 164, no. 2, pp. 665–677, 2004.
- O. Dewald, P. Zymek, K. Winkelmann et al., “CCL2/monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 regulates inflammatory responses critical to healing myocardial infarcts,” Circulation Research, vol. 96, no. 8, pp. 881–889, 2005.
- N. G. Frangogiannis, O. Dewald, Y. Xia et al., “Critical role of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1/CC chemokine ligand 2 in the pathogenesis of ischemic cardiomyopathy,” Circulation, vol. 115, no. 5, pp. 584–592, 2007.
- W. Roell, Z. J. Lu, W. Bloch et al., “Cellular cardiomyoplasty improves survival after myocardial injury,” Circulation, vol. 105, no. 20, pp. 2435–2441, 2002.
- E. Kolossov, T. Bostani, W. Roell et al., “Engraftment of engineered ES cell-derived cardiomyocytes but not BM cells restores contractile function to the infarcted myocardium,” Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 203, no. 10, pp. 2315–2327, 2006.
- J. M. Nygren, S. Jovinge, M. Breitbach et al., “Bone marrow-derived hematopoietic cells generate cardiomyocytes at a low frequency through cell fusion, but not transdifferentiation,” Nature Medicine, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 494–501, 2004.
- O. Dewald, N. G. Frangogiannis, M. P. Zoerlein et al., “A murine model of ischemic cardiomyopathy induced by repetitive ischemia and reperfusion,” Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeon, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 305–311, 2004.
- W. Roell, Y. Fan, Y. Xia et al., “Cellular cardiomyoplasty in a transgenic mouse model,” Transplantation, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 462–465, 2002.
- N. G. Frangogiannis, M. L. Lindsey, L. H. Michael et al., “Resident cardiac mast cells degranulate and release preformed TNF-α, initiating the cytokine cascade in experimental canine myocardial ischemia/reperfusion,” Circulation, vol. 98, no. 7, pp. 699–710, 1998.
- K. Imanaka-Yoshida, M. Hiroe, T. Nishikawa et al., “Tenascin-C modulates adhesion of cardiomyocytes to extracellular matrix during tissue remodeling after myocardial infarction,” Laboratory Investigation, vol. 81, no. 7, pp. 1015–1024, 2001.
- C. E. Murry, C. M. Giachelli, S. M. Schwartz, and R. Vracko, “Macrophages express osteopontin during repair of myocardial necrosis,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 145, no. 6, pp. 1450–1462, 1994.
- N. I. Moldovan, P. J. Goldschmidt-Clermont, J. Parker-Thornburg, S. D. Shapiro, and P. E. Kolattukudy, “Contribution of monocytes/macrophages to compensatory neovascularization: the drilling of metalloelastase-positive tunnels in ischemic myocardium,” Circulation Research, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 378–384, 2000.
- M. Bujak and N. G. Frangogiannis, “The role of TGF-β signaling in myocardial infarction and cardiac remodeling,” Cardiovascular Research, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 184–195, 2007.
- E. J. Van Den Bos, B. M. E. Mees, M. C. De Waard, R. De Crom, and D. J. Duncker, “A novel model of cryoinjury-induced myocardial infarction in the mouse: a comparison with coronary artery ligation,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 289, no. 3, pp. H1291–H1300, 2005.
- B. Assmus, A. Rolf, S. Erbs et al., “Clinical outcome 2 years after intracoronary administration of bone marrow-derived progenitor cells in acute myocardial infarction,” Circulation: Heart Failure, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 89–96, 2010.