- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 634195, 11 pages
Role of Vitamin D in Insulin Resistance
1Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Tri-Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan
2Department of Pediatrics, Taoyuan Armed Forces General Hospital, Taoyuan 325, Taiwan
3Department of Medicine, Cardinal Tien Hospital, School of Medicine, Fu Jen Catholic University, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
Received 15 June 2012; Revised 17 August 2012; Accepted 27 August 2012
Academic Editor: Hilton Kenji Takahashi
Copyright © 2012 Chih-Chien Sung et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [33 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Keonie Moore, “Metabolic syndrome: A case report for collaborative care,” Advances in Integrative Medicine, 2013.
- Giovanni Targher, Eleonora Scorletti, Alessandro Mantovani, and Christopher D. Byrne, “ Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Reduced Serum Vitamin D 3 Levels ,” Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 217–228, 2013.
- Judith G.M. Jelsma, Jurgen Harreiter, Alexandra Kautzky-Willer, Peter Damm, Elisabeth R. Mathiesen, Dorte M. Jensen, Liselotte Andersen, Fidelma Dunne, Annunziata Lapolla, Graziano Di Cianni, Alessandra Bertolotto, Mireille N.M. van Poppel, Ewa Wender-Oegowska, Agnieszka Zawiejska, Kinga Blumska, David Hill, Pablo Rebollo, Frank J. Snoek, David Simmons, Sander Galjaard, Gernot Desoye, Rosa Corcoy, Roland Devlieger, Andre van Assche, Dirk Timmerman, and Goele Jans, “DALI: Vitamin D and lifestyle intervention for gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) prevention: An European multicentre, randomised trial - study protocol,” BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, vol. 13, 2013.
- Stefan Pilz, Katharina Kienreich, Femke Rutters, Renate de Jongh, Adriana J. van Ballegooijen, Martin Gruebler, Andreas Tomaschitz, and Jacqueline M. Dekker, “Role of Vitamin D in the Development of Insulin Resistance and Type 2 Diabetes,” Current Diabetes Reports, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 261–270, 2013.
- Eric Lontchi-Yimagou, Eugene Sobngwi, Tandi E. Matsha, and Andre Pascal Kengne, “Diabetes Mellitus and Inflammation,” Current Diabetes Reports, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 435–444, 2013.
- Faranak Sharifi, Nouraddin Mousavinasab, and Ali Awsat Mellati, “Defining a cutoff point for vitamin D deficiency based on insulin resistance in children,” Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews, 2013.
- Jaividhya Dasarathy, Pranav Periyalwar, Sanath Allampati, Vikram Bhinder, Carol Hawkins, Patricia Brandt, Amer Khiyami, Arthur J. McCullough, and Srinivasan Dasarathy, “Hypovitaminosis D is associated with increased whole body fat mass and greater severity of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease,” Liver International, 2013.
- Bibiana Garcia-Bailo, Joseph Jamnik, Laura A. Da Costa, Alaa Badawi, and Ahmed EI-Sohemy, “Genetic Variation in the Vitamin D Receptor, Plasma 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, and Biomarkers of Cardiometabolic Disease in Caucasian Young Adults,” Journal of Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics, vol. 6, no. 4-5, pp. 256–267, 2013.
- Qiuzhen Wang, Aiguo Ma, Ib Christian Bygbjerg, Xiuxia Han, Yufeng Liu, Shanliang Zhao, and Jing Cai, “Rationale and design of a randomized controlled trial of the effect of retinol and vitamin D supplementation on treatment in active pulmonary tuberculosis patients with diabetes,” BMC Infectious Diseases, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 104, 2013.
- Nima Baziar, Kurosh Jafarian, Zhaleh Shadman, Mostafa Qorbani, Mohsen Khoshniat Nikoo, and Mahshid Abd Mishani, “Effect of Therapeutic Dose of Vitamin D on Serum Adiponectin and Glycemia in Vitamin D-Insufficient or Deficient Type 2 Diabetic patients,” Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal, vol. 16, no. 9, 2014.
- Caitlin Mason, Liren Xiao, Ikuyo Imayama, Catherine Duggan, Ching-Yun Wang, Larissa Korde, and Anne McTiernan, “Vitamin D-3 supplementation during weight loss: a double-blind randomized controlled trial,” American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 99, no. 5, pp. 1015–1025, 2014.
- Raha Jahani, Kristina A. Fielding, Jianmin Chen, Christopher R. Villa, Laura M. Castelli, Wendy E. Ward, and Elena M. Comelli, “Low vitamin D status throughout life results in an inflammatory prone status but does not alter bone mineral or strength in healthy 3-month-old CD-1 male mice,” Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, 2014.
- Janna Nissen, Lone Banke Rasmussen, Gitte Ravn-Haren, Elisabeth Wreford Andersen, Bettina Hansen, Rikke Andersen, Heddie Mejborn, Katja Howarth Madsen, and Ulla Vogel, “Common Variants in CYP2R1 and GC Genes Predict Vitamin D Concentrations in Healthy Danish Children and Adults,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.
- Amal M.H. Mackawy, and Mohammed E.H. Badawi, “Association of vitamin D and vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms with chronic inflammation, insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome components in type 2 diabetic Egyptian patients,” Meta Gene, vol. 2, pp. 540–556, 2014.
- Sylwia Merkiel, and Wojciech Chalcarz, “Dietary intake in 6-year-old children from southern Poland: part 2-vitamin and mineral intakes,” Bmc Pediatrics, vol. 14, 2014.
- Arnold H. Slyper, Laurissa Kashmer, Wei-Min Huang, and Yochai Re'em, “Acanthosis nigricans, vitamin D, and insulin resistance in obese children and adolescents,” Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 27, no. 11-12, pp. 1107–1111, 2014.
- Arthur R. Menezes, Marie C. Lamb, Carl J. Lavie, and James J. DiNicolantonio, “Vitamin D and atherosclerosis,” Current Opinion in Cardiology, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 571–577, 2014.
- Ahmed El Lithy, Rana M. Abdella, Yahia M. El-Faissal, Ahmed M. Sayed, and Rasha M. Abdel Samie, “The relationship between low maternal serum vitamin D levels and glycemic control in gestational diabetes assessed by HbA1c levels: an observational cross-sectional study,” Bmc Pregnancy and Childbirth, vol. 14, 2014.
- Roya Kelishadi, Gelayol Ardalan, Mohammad Esmail Motlagh, Keyvan Shariatinejad, Ramin Heshmat, Parinaz Poursafa, Maryam Fakhri, Mohamadhasan Tajadini, and Mahnaz Taslimi, “National report on the association of serum vitamin D with cardiometabolic risk factors in the pediatric population of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA): The CASPIAN-III Study,” Nutrition, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 33–38, 2014.
- Medine Cumhur Cure, Erkan Cure, Suleyman Yuce, Tarkan Yazici, Inanc Karakoyun, and Hasan Efe, “Mean Platelet Volume and Vitamin D Level,” Annals of Laboratory Medicine, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 98, 2014.
- Cheng-Lin Lang, Min-Hui Wang, Chih-Kang Chiang, and Kuo-Cheng Lu, “Vitamin D and the Immune System from the Nephrologist's Viewpoint,” ISRN Endocrinology, vol. 2014, pp. 1–11, 2014.
- Xin-Zhuan Jia, Yong-Mei Wang, Na Zhang, Li-Na Guo, Xiu-Li Zhen, Hui Li, and Lan Wei, “Effect of vitamin D on clinical and biochemical parameters in polycystic ovary syndrome women: A meta-analysis,” Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Research, 2015.
- Wen-Chih Liu, Cai-Mei Zheng, Chien-Lin Lu, Yuh-Feng Lin, Jia-Fwu Shyu, Chia-Chao Wu, and Kuo-Cheng Lu, “Vitamin D and immune function in chronic kidney disease,” Clinica Chimica Acta, 2015.
- Zora Krivosikova, Martin Gajdos, and Katarina Sebekova, “Vitamin D Levels Decline with Rising Number of Cardiometabolic Risk Factors in Healthy Adults: Association with Adipokines, Inflammation, Oxidative St,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 6, 2015.
- Ali Awsat Mellati, Faranak Sharifi, Soghrat Faghihzade, Seyed Akbar Mousaviviri, Hosain Chiti, and Seyed Ali Naghi Kazemi, “Vitamin D status and its associations with components of metabolic syndrome in healthy children,” Journal Of Pediatric Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 28, no. 5-6, pp. 641–648, 2015.
- U. Bilge, M. Unalacak, I. Unluoglu, M. Ipek, O. Celer, and A. Akalin, “Relationship between 1,25-dihydroxy Vitamin D levels and homeostatic model assessment insulin resistance values in obese subjects,” Nigerian Journal Of Clinical Practice, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 377–380, 2015.
- Patricio L.M. Enciso, Lixiang Wang, Yuta Kawahara, Shohei Sakamoto, Shingo Shimada, Yukina Takeichi, Ryoichi Takayanagi, and Masatoshi Nomura, “Dietary vitamin D3 improves postprandial hyperglycemia in aged mice,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2015.
- Joumana T. Chaiban, and Kristine G. Nicolas, “Diabetes and Bone: Still a Lot to Learn,” Clinical Reviews in Bone and Mineral Metabolism, 2015.
- Stefanie J. Willmann, Nikola S. Mueller, Silvia Engert, Michael Sterr, Ingo Burtscher, Aurelia Raducanu, Martin Irmler, Johannes Beckers, Steffen Sass, Fabian J. Theis, and Heiko Lickert, “The global gene expression profile of the secondary transition during pancreatic development,” Mechanisms of Development, 2015.
- See Ling Loy, Ngee Lek, Fabian Yap, Shu E. Soh, Natarajan Padmapriya, Kok Hian Tan, Arijit Biswas, George Seow Heong Yeo, Kenneth Kwek, Peter D. Gluckman, Keith M. Godfrey, Seang Mei Saw, Falk Mueller-Riemenschneider, Yap-Seng Chong, Mary Foong-Fong Chong, and Jerry Kok Yen Chan, “Association of Maternal Vitamin D Status with Glucose Tolerance and Caesarean Section in a Multi-Ethnic Asian Cohort: The Growing Up in Singapore Towa,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 11, 2015.
- Celina Carvalho Borges, Andreza Fernandes Salles, Isabele Bringhenti, Vanessa Souza-Mello, Carlos Alberto Mandarim-de-Lacerda, and Marcia Barbosa Aguila, “Adverse effects of vitamin D deficiency on the Pi3k/Akt pathway and pancreatic islet morphology in diet-induced obese mice,” Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, 2015.
- Sona Kang, Linus T. Tsai, Yiming Zhou, Adam Evertts, Su Xu, Michael J. Griffin, Robbyn Issner, Holly J. Whitton, Benjamin A. Garcia, Charles B. Epstein, Tarjei S. Mikkelsen, and Evan D. Rosen, “Identification of nuclear hormone receptor pathways causing insulin resistance by transcriptional and epigenomic analysis,” Nature Cell Biology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 44–+, 2015.
- Mathew Chiang, Radhika Natarajan, and Xiaoduo Fan, “Vitamin D in schizophrenia: a clinical review,” Evidence Based Mental Health, pp. ebmental-2015-102117, 2016.