- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 180156, 4 pages
Bioremediation of Direct Blue 14 and Extracellular Ligninolytic Enzyme Production by White Rot Fungi: Pleurotus Spp.
Department of Biotechnology, VBS Purvanchal University, Jaunpur, UP 222001, India
Received 13 April 2013; Accepted 26 May 2013
Academic Editor: Nikhat J. Siddiqi
Copyright © 2013 M. P. Singh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. M. B. Soares, M. Costa-Ferreira, and M. T. Pessoa de Amorim, “Decolorization of an anthraquinone-type dye using a laccase formulation,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 79, no. 2, pp. 171–177, 2001.
- Y. Wong and J. Yu, “Laccase-catalyzed decolorization of synthetic dyes,” Water Research, vol. 33, no. 16, pp. 3512–3520, 1999.
- H. M. Pinheiro, E. Touraud, and O. Thomas, “Aromatic amines from azo dye reduction: status review with emphasis on direct UV spectrophotometric detection in textile industry wastewaters,” Dyes and Pigments, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 121–139, 2004.
- E. Forgacs, T. Cserháti, and G. Oros, “Removal of synthetic dyes from wastewaters: a review,” Environment International, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 953–971, 2004.
- E. P. Chagas and L. R. Durrant, “Decolorization of azo dyes by Phanerochaete chrysosporium and Pleurotus sajorcaju,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 29, no. 8-9, pp. 473–477, 2001.
- K. Murugesan, I.-H. Nam, Y.-M. Kim, and Y.-S. Chang, “Decolorization of reactive dyes by a thermostable laccase produced by Ganoderma lucidum in solid state culture,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 1662–1672, 2007.
- Z. Zheng and J. P. Obbard, “Oxidation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) by the white rot fungus, Phanerochaete chrysosporium,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 31, no. 1-2, pp. 3–9, 2002.
- M. Chivukula and V. Renganathan, “Phenolic azo dye oxidation by laccase from Pyricularia oryzae,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 4374–4377, 1995.
- C. O'Neill, A. Lopez, S. Esteves, F. R. Hawkes, D. L. Hawkes, and S. Wilcox, “Azo-dye degradation in an anaerobic-aerobic treatment system operating on simulated textile effluent,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 249–254, 2000.
- K. Fahr, H.-G. Wetzstein, R. Grey, and D. Schlosser, “Degradation of 2,4-dichlorophenol and pentachlorophenol by two brown rot fungi,” FEMS Microbiology Letters, vol. 175, no. 1, pp. 127–132, 1999.
- V. S. Ferreira-Leitão, M. E. A. de Carvalho, and E. P. S. Bon, “Lignin peroxidase efficiency for methylene blue decolouration: comparison to reported methods,” Dyes and Pigments, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 230–236, 2007.
- V. K. Pandey, M. P. Singh, A. K. Srivastava, S. K. Vishwakarma, and S. Takshak, “Biodegradation of sugarcane bagasse by white rot fungus Pleurotus citrinopileatus,” Cellular and Molecular Biology, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 8–14, 2012.
- M. P. Singh, V. K. Pandey, A. K. Srivastava, and S. K. Viswakarma, “Biodegradation of Brassica haulms by white rot fungus Pleurotus eryngii,” Cellular and Molecular Biology, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 47–55, 2011.
- S. K. Vishwakarma, M. P. Singh, A. K. Srivastava, and V. K. Pandey, “Azo dye (direct blue) decolorization by immobilized extracellular enzymes of Pleurotus species,” Cellular and Molecular Biology, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 21–25, 2012.
- K. Svobodová, A. Majcherczyk, Č. Novotný, and U. Kües, “Implication of mycelium-associated laccase from Irpex lacteus in the decolorization of synthetic dyes,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 99, no. 3, pp. 463–471, 2008.
- M. S. Revankar and S. S. Lele, “Synthetic dye decolorization by white rot fungus, Ganoderma sp. WR-1,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 98, no. 4, pp. 775–780, 2007.
- C. Riccardi, M. Papacchini, A. Mansi et al., “Characterization of bacterial population coming from a soil contaminated by polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) able to degrade pyrene in slurry phase,” Annals of Microbiology, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 85–90, 2005.
- R. P. S. Dhaliwal, H. S. Garcha, and P. K. Khanna, “Regulation of lignocellulotic enzyme system in Pleurotus ostreatus,” Indian Journal of Microbiology, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 181–184, 1991.
- J. Putter, “Peroxidases,” in Methods of Enzymatic Analysis, H. U. Bergmeyer, Ed., vol. 2, pp. 685–690, Academic Press, NewYork, NY, USA, 1974.
- M. C. Abrahão, A. De Mello Gugliotta, R. Da Silva, R. J. Y. Fujieda, M. Boscolo, and E. Gomes, “Ligninolytic activity from newly isolated basidiomycete strains and effect of these enzymes on the azo dye orange II decolourisation,” Annals of Microbiology, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 427–432, 2008.
- R. Neelamegam, V. Baskaran, R. Dhanasekar, and T. Viruthagiri, “Decolourization of synthetic dyes using rice straw attached Pleurotus ostreatus,” Indian Journal of Chemical Technology, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 622–625, 2004.
- M. A. Pickard, H. Vandertol, R. Roman, and R. Vazquez-Duhalt, “High production of ligninolytic enzymes from white rot fungi in cereal bran liquid medium,” Canadian Journal of Microbiology, vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 627–631, 1999.
- M. P. Singh, A. K. Pandey, S. K. Vishwakarma, A. K. Srivastava, and V. K. Pandey, “Extracellular Xylanase Production by Pleurotus species on Lignocellulosic Wastes under in vivo Condition using Novel Pretreatment,” Cellular and Molecular Biology, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 170–173, 2012.
- M. P. Singh, V. K. Pandey, A. K. Pandey, A. K. Srivastava, N. K. Vishwakarma, and V. K. Singh, “Production of xylanase by white rot fungi on wheat straw,” Asian Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 859–862, 2008.
- T. Tsukihara, Y. Honda, R. Sakai, T. Watanabe, and T. Watanabe, “Mechanism for oxidation of high-molecular-weight substrates by a fungal versatile peroxidase, MnP2+,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 74, no. 9, pp. 2873–2881, 2008.
- M. Hofrichter, “Review: lignin conversion by manganese peroxidase (MnP),” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 454–466, 2002.
- M. L. Rabinovich, A. V. Bolobova, and L. G. Vasil'chenko, “Fungal decomposition of natural aromatic structures and xenobiotics: a review,” Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 1–17, 2004.
- U. Meyer, “Biodegradation of synthetic organic colorants,” FEMS Symposium, vol. 12, pp. 371–385, 1981.
- T. Suzuki, S. Timofei, L. Kurunczi, U. Dietze, and G. Schüürmann, “Correlation of aerobic biodegradability of sulfonated azo dyes with the chemical structure,” Chemosphere, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2001.
- A. Zille, T. Tzanov, G. M. Gübitz, and A. Cavaco-Paulo, “Immobilized laccase for decolourization of reactive Black 5 dyeing effluent,” Biotechnology Letters, vol. 25, no. 17, pp. 1473–1477, 2003.