- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 618536, 10 pages
Texture Enhancement for Medical Images Based on Fractional Differential Masks
1Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2Institute of Mathematical Sciences, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Received 13 January 2013; Revised 6 March 2013; Accepted 6 March 2013
Academic Editor: Thabet Abdeljawad
Copyright © 2013 Hamid A. Jalab and Rabha W. Ibrahim. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Hilfer, Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, vol. 463, World Scientific, Singapore, 2000.
- M. Kanbur, I. Narin, E. Özdemir, E. Dinç, and D. Baleanu, “Fractional wavelet transform for the quantitative spectral analysis of two-component system,” in New Trends in Nanotechnology and Fractional Calculus Applications, pp. 321–331, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus Models and Numerical Methods, vol. 3 of Series on Complexity, Nonlinearity and Chaos, World Scientific, Hackensack, NJ, USA, 2012.
- E. Dinç and D. Baleanu, “Ultra-performance liquid chromatography for the multicomponent analysis of a ternary mixture containing thiamine, pyridoxine, and lidocaine in ampules,” Journal of AOAC International, vol. 95, pp. 903–912, 2010.
- E. Dinç and D. Baleanu, “A new fractional wavelet approach for the simultaneous determination of ampicillin sodium and sulbactam sodium in a binary mixture,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 631–638, 2006.
- H. A. Jalab and R. W. Ibrahim, “Denoising algorithm based on generalized fractional integral operator with two parameters,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2012, Article ID 529849, 14 pages, 2012.
- A. C. Sparavigna, “Using fractional differentiation in astronomy,” Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, http://arxiv.org/abs/0910.2381v3.
- R. Marazzato and A. C. Sparavigna, “Astronomical image processing based on fractional calculus: the AstroFracTool,” Instrumentation and Methods for Astrophysics, http://arxiv.org/abs/0910.4637v2.
- Y.-F. Pu, X. Yuan, K. Liao, Z.-L. Chen, and J.-L. Zhou, “Five numerical algorithms of fractional calculus applied in modern signal analyzing and processing,” Journal of Sichuan University (Engineering Science Edition), vol. 37, no. 5, article 118, 2005.
- Y. Pu, W. Wang, J. Zhou, Y. Wang, and H. Jia, “Fractional differential approach to detecting textural features of digital image and its fractional differential filter implementation,” Science in China F, vol. 51, no. 9, pp. 1319–1339, 2008.
- T. Glatard, J. Montagnat, and I. E. Magnin, “Texture based medical image indexing and retrieval: application to cardiac imaging,” in Proceedings of the 6th ACM SIGMM International Workshop on Multimedia Information Retrieval (MIR '04), pp. 135–142, New York, NY, USA, October 2004.
- K. Lu, N. He, and L. Li, “Nonlocal means-based denoising for medical images,” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 438617, 7 pages, 2012.
- M. N. Kohan and H. Behnam, “Denoising medical images using calculus of variations,” Journal of Medical Signals and Sensors, vol. 1, pp. 184–190, 2011.
- F. Luisier, T. Blu, and M. Unser, “A new SURE approach to image denoising: interscale orthonormal wavelet thresholding,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 593–606, 2007.
- H. A. Jalab and R. W. Ibrahim, “Texture feature extraction based on fractional mask convolution with cesáro means for content-based image retrieval,” in Proceedings of the 12th Pacific Rim International Conference on Trends in Artificial Intelligence (PRICAI '12), pp. 170–179, 2012.
- G. Castellano, L. Bonilha, L. M. Li, and F. Cendes, “Texture analysis of medical images,” Clinical Radiology, vol. 59, no. 12, pp. 1061–1069, 2004.
- J. R. Smith and S. F. Chang, “Automated binary texture feature sets for image retrieval,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '96), pp. 2239–2242, May 1996.
- H. A. Jalab and R. W. Ibrahim, “Texture enhancement based on the savitzky-golay fractional, differential operator,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 149289, 8 pages, 2013.
- A. McAndrew, An Introduction to Digital Image Processing with Matlab Notes for SCM2511 Image Processing, School of Computer Science and Mathematics; Victoria University of Technology, 2004.
- C. Qing-li, H. Guo, and Z. Xiu-qiong, “A fractional differential approach to low contrast image enhancement,” International Journal of Knowledge and Language Processing, vol. 3, pp. 20–29, 2012.
- Z. Yang, F. Lang, X. Yu, and Y. Zhang, “The construction of fractional differential gradient operator,” Journal of Computational Information Systems, vol. 7, pp. 4328–4342, 2011.
- V. Garg and K. Singh, “An improved Grunwald-Letnikov fractional differential mask for image texture enhancement,” International Journal, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 130–135, 2012.
- Y.-F. Pu, J.-L. Zhou, and X. Yuan, “Fractional differential mask: a fractional differential-based approach for multiscale texture enhancement,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 491–511, 2010.
- R. W. Ibrahim, “On generalized Srivastava-Owa fractional operators in the unit disk,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2011, article 55, 10 pages, 2011.
- Y. Zhang, Y. Pu, and J. Zhou, “Construction of fractional differential masks based on Riemann-Liouville definition,” Journal of Computational Information Systems, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 3191–3199, 2010.
- “MathWorks, Inc, 1984–2009”.
- R. M. Haralick, K. Shanmugam, and I. Dinstein, “Textural features for image classification,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 610–621, 1973.
- E. Sousa, “How to approximate the fractional derivative of order ,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos in Applied Sciences and Engineering, vol. 22, no. 4, Article ID 1250075, 13 pages, 2012.