- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 746713, 8 pages
Decentralized Discrete-Time Formation Control for Multirobot Systems
Universidad Iberoamericana, Prol. Paseo de la Reforma 880, Lomas de Santa Fe, 01219 México, DF, Mexico
Received 26 October 2012; Revised 5 January 2013; Accepted 9 January 2013
Academic Editor: Gualberto Solís-Perales
Copyright © 2013 E. G. Hernandez-Martinez et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. U. Cao, A. S. Fukunaga, and A. B. Kahng, “Cooperative mobile robotics: antecedents and directions,” Autonomous Robots, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 7–27, 1997.
- T. Arai, E. Pagello, and L. E. Parker, “Guest editorial advances in multirobot systems,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 655–661, 2002.
- T. Balch and R. C. Arkin, “Behavior-based formation control for multirobot teams,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 926–939, 1998.
- W. M. Spears, D. F. Spears, J. C. Hamann, and R. Heil, “Distributed, physics-based control of swarms of vehicles,” Autonomous Robots, vol. 17, no. 2-3, pp. 137–162, 2004.
- C. W. Reynolds, “Flocks, birds and schools: a distributed behavioral model,” Computer Graphics, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 25–34, 1987.
- H. Ando, Y. Oasa, I. Suzuki, and M. Yamashita, “Distributed memoryless point convergence algorithm for mobile robots with limited visibility,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 818–828, 1999.
- R. Olfati-Saber and R. M. Murray, “Distributed cooperative control of multiple vehicle formations using structural potential functions,” in Proceedings of the 15th IFAC World Congress, pp. 2864–2869, 2002.
- B. Francis, M. Broucke, and Z. Lin, “Local control strategies for groups of mobile autonomous agents,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 622–629, 2004.
- E. G. Hernandez-Martinez and E. Aranda-Bricaire, “Convergence and collision avoidance in formation control: a survey of the artificial potential functions approach,” in Multi-Agent Systems—Modeling, Control, Programming, Simulations and Application, F. Alkhateeb, E. A. Maghayreh, and I. A. Doush, Eds., pp. 103–126, InTech, Rijeka, Croatia, 2011.
- Y. Q. Chen and Z. Wang, “Formation control: a review and a new consideration,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3181–3186, 2005.
- H. Yamaguchi, “A distributed motion coordination strategy for multiple nonholonomic mobile robots in cooperative hunting operations,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 257–282, 2003.
- Y. Asahiro, H. Asama, I. Suzuki, and M. Yamashita, “Improvement of distributed control algorithms for robots carrying an object,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 608–613, October 1999.
- J. A. Fax and R. M. Murray, “Information flow and cooperative control of vehicle formations,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 1465–1476, 2004.
- J. P. Desai, “A graph theoretic approach for modeling mobile robot team formations,” Journal of Robotic Systems, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 511–525, 2002.
- J. P. Desai, J. P. Ostrowski, and V. Kumar, “Modeling and control of formations of nonholonomic mobile robots,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 905–908, 2001.
- W. Wang and J. Slotine, “A theoretical study of different leader roles in networks,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 51, no. 7, pp. 1156–1161, 2006.
- E. G. Hernández-Martínez and E. Aranda-Bricaire, “Non-collision conditions in multi-agent robots formation using local potential functions,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA'08), pp. 3776–3781, Pasadena, Calif, USA, May 2008.
- E. G. Hernandez-Martinez and E. Aranda-Bricaire, “Non-collision conditions in formation control using a virtual leader strategy,” in Proceedings of the 13th Congreso Latinoamericano de Control Automatico, pp. 798–803, 2008.
- F. Belkhouche and B. Belkhouche, “Modeling and controlling a robotic convoy using guidance laws strategies,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 813–825, 2005.
- D. V. Dimarogonas and K. J. Kyriakopoulos, “Distributed cooperative control and collision avoidance for multiple kinematic agents,” in Proceedings of the 45th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC'06), pp. 721–726, San Diego, Calif, USA, December 2006.
- E. G. Hernandez-Martinez and E. Aranda-Bricaire, “Decentralized formation control of multi-agent robots systems based on formation graphs,” IET Studies in Informatics and Control, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 7–16, 2012.
- W. Ren and R. W. Beard, Distributed Consensus in Multi-Vehicle Cooperative Control: Theory and Applications, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- S. Glavaski, A. Williams, and T. Samad, “Connectivity and convergence of formations,” in Cooperative Control of Distributed Multi-Agent Systems, J. S. Shamma, Ed., pp. 43–61, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2007.
- D. E. Hernandez-Mendoza, G. R. Penaloza-Mendoza, and E. Aranda-Bricaire, “Discrete-time formation and marching control of multi-agent robots systems,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Electrical Engineering Computing Science and Automatic Control (CCE'11), pp. 1–6, Merida City, Mexico, October 2011.
- J. Antich and A. Ortiz, “Extending the potential fields approach to avoid trapping situations,” in Proceedings of the IEEE IRS/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS'05), pp. 1386–1391, August 2005.
- E. G. Hernandez-Martinez and E. Aranda-Bricaire, “Non-collision conditions in multi-agent virtual leader-based formation control,” International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2012.
- A. Muhammad and M. Egerstedt, “Connectivity graphs as models of local interactions,” in Proceedings of the 43rd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC'04), vol. 1, pp. 124–129, December 2004.
- H. E. Bell, “Gershgorin's theorem and the zeros of polynomials,” The American Mathematical Monthly, vol. 72, pp. 292–295, 1965.
- D. S. Bernstein, Matrix Mathematics: Theory, Facts, and Formulas with Applications to Linear Systems Theory, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 2005.