- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 193143, 7 pages
Bifurcation in a Discrete Competition System
School of Science, Tianjin University of Commerce, Tianjin 300134, China
Received 9 February 2014; Accepted 9 April 2014; Published 28 April 2014
Academic Editor: Xiaochen Sun
Copyright © 2014 Li Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Takeuchi, Global Dynamical Properties of Lotka-Volterra Systems, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, 1996.
- P. Waltman, Competition Models in Populationbiology, vol. 45 of CBMS-NSF Regional Conference Series in Applied Mathematics, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1985.
- M. E. Fisher, Analysis of difference equation models in population dynamics [Ph.D. thesis], University of Western Australia, 1982.
- P. Liu and X. Cui, “A discrete model of competition,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 49, no. 1-2, pp. 1–12, 1999.
- F. B. Hildebrand, Finite-Difference Equations and Simulations, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1968.
- J. K. Hale and A. S. Somolinos, “Competition for fluctuating nutrient,” Journal of Mathematical Biology, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 255–280, 1983.
- K. P. Hadeler and I. Gerstmann, “The discrete Rosenzweig model,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 98, no. 1, pp. 49–72, 1990.
- Y. Kuang, Delay Differential Equations with Applications in Population Dynamics, vol. 191, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- S. N. Elaydi, An Introduction to Difference Equations, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1996.
- J. Maynard Smith, Models in Ecology, Cambridge University Press, 1974.
- P. Z. Liu and S. N. Elaydi, “Discrete competitive and cooperative models of Lotka-Volterra Type,” Journal of Computational Analysis and Applications, vol. 3, pp. 53–73, 2001.
- Y. S. Wang and H. Wu, “Dynamics of competitive Lotka-Volterra systems that can be projected to a line,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 47, pp. 1263–1271, 2004.
- X. Xiong and Z. Zhang, “Periodic solutions of a discrete two-species competitive model with stage structure,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 48, no. 3-4, pp. 333–343, 2008.
- C. Niu and X. Chen, “Almost periodic sequence solutions of a discrete Lotka-Volterra competitive system with feedback control,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 3152–3161, 2009.
- J. G. Skellam, “Random dispersal in theoretical populations,” Biometrika, vol. 38, pp. 196–218, 1951.
- A. M. Turing, “The chemical basis of morphogenesis,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, vol. 237, pp. 37–72, 1953.
- J. Bascompte and R. V. Sole, “Spatially induced bifurcations in single-species population dynamics,” Journal of Animal Ecology, vol. 63, pp. 256–264, 1994.
- L. A. D. Rodrigues, D. C. Mistro, and S. Petrovskii, “Pattern formation, long-term transients, and the Turing-Hopf bifurcation in a space- and time-discrete predator-prey system,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, vol. 73, no. 8, pp. 1812–1840, 2011.
- Y. T. Han, B. Han, L. Zhang, L. Xu, M. F. Li, and G. Zhang, “Turing instability and labyrinthine patterns for a symmetric discrete comptitive Lotka-Volterra system,” WSEAS Transactions on Mathematics, vol. 10, pp. 181–189, 2011.
- G. Q. Sun, Z. Jin, Q. X. Liu, and L. Li, “Dynamical complexity of a spatial predator-prey model with migration,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 219, pp. 248–255, 2008.
- G. Q. Sun, Z. Jin, Q. X. Liu, and L. Li, “Spatial pattern of an epidemic model with cross-diffusion,” Chinese Physics B, vol. 17, pp. 3936–3941, 2008.
- Y.-X. Wang and W.-T. Li, “Effect of cross-diffusion on the stationary problem of a diffusive competition model with a protection zone,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 224–245, 2013.
- M. Li, B. Han, L. Xu, and G. Zhang, “Spiral patterns near Turing instability in a discrete reaction diffusion system,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 49, pp. 1–6, 2013.