- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 527598, 7 pages
Research on Overconfidence in Decision-Making for the Capacity Recovery of Damaged Power Systems
1Department of Business Administration, Zhejiang Institute of Administration, 1000 Wenyixilu, Hangzhou 311121, China
2Zhejiang Scientific Development Research Center, 1000 Wenyixilu, Hangzhou 311121, China
Received 12 March 2014; Accepted 10 April 2014; Published 8 May 2014
Academic Editor: Weihua Liu
Copyright © 2014 Xing Bao. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Germain, C. Dröge, and W. Christensen, “The mediating role of operations knowledge in the relationship of context with performance,” Journal of Operations Management, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 453–469, 2001.
- K. P. Gopalakrishna and S. Min, “A firm's capability to calibrate supply chain knowledge-Antecedents and consequences,” Industrial Marketing Management, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 1365–1375, 2010.
- F. Gino and G. P. Pisano, “Why leaders don't learn from success,” Harvard Business Review, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 68–74, 2011.
- F. Gino and G. Pisano, “Toward a theory of behavioral operations,” Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 676–691, 2008.
- A. Swierczek, “The impact of supply chain integration on the “snowball effect” in the transmission of disruptions: an empirical evaluation of the model,” International Journal of Production Economics, 2013.
- Y. Sheffi, “Supply chain management under the threat of international terrorism,” International Journal of Logistics Management, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 1–11, 2001.
- A. Norrman and U. Jansson, “Ericsson’s proactive risk management approach after a serious sub-supplier accident,” International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 434–456, 2004.
- K. B. Hendricks and V. R. Singhal, “An empirical analysis of the effect of supply chain disruptions on long-run stock price performance and equity risk of the firm,” Production and Operations Management, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 35–52, 2005.
- A. Oke and M. Gopalakrishnan, “Managing disruptions in supply chains: a case study of a retail supply chain,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 118, no. 1, pp. 168–174, 2009.
- S. Chopra and M. S. Sohi, “Managing risk to avoid supply chain breakdown,” MIT Sloan Management Review, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 53–62, 2004.
- P. R. Kleindorfer and G. H. Saad, “Managing disruption risks in supply chains,” Production and Operations Management, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 53–68, 2005.
- G. A. Zsidisin, S. A. Melnyk, and G. L. Ragatz, “An institutional theory perspective of business continuity planning for purchasing and supply management,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 43, no. 16, pp. 3401–3420, 2005.
- C. S. Tang, “Review: perspectives in supply chain risk management,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 103, pp. 451–488, 2006.
- P. D. Berger, A. Gerstenfeld, and A. Z. Zeng, “How many suppliers are best? A decision-analysis approach,” Omega, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 9–15, 2004.
- P. L. Meena, S. P. Sarmah, and A. Sarkar, “Sourcing decisions under risks of catastrophic event disruptions,” Transportation Research E: Logistics and Transportation Review, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 1058–1074, 2011.
- A. Sarkar and P. K. J. Mohapatra, “Determining the optimal size of supply base with the consideration of risks of supply disruptions,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 119, no. 1, pp. 122–135, 2009.
- A. J. Schmitt, “Strategies for customer service level protection under multi-echelon supply chain disruption risk,” Transportation Research B: Methodological, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 1266–1283, 2011.
- X. Qi, J. F. Bard, and G. Yu, “Disruption management for machine scheduling: the case of SPT schedules,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 166–184, 2006.
- M. Wu and W. Chang, “A short-term capacity trading method for semiconductor fabs with partnership,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 476–483, 2007.
- B. Tomlin, “On the value of mitigation and contingency strategies for managing supply chain disruption risks,” Management Science, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 639–657, 2006.
- M. C. Wilson, “The impact of transportation disruptions on supply chain performance,” Transportation Research E: Logistics and Transportation Review, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 295–320, 2007.
- L. V. Synder and B. T. Tomlin, “Inventory management with advanced warning of disruptions,” Working Paper, P. C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Lehigh University, Bethlehm, Pa, USA, 2008.
- A. A. Wadecki, V. Babich, and O. Q. Wu, “Manufacturer’s competition and subsidies to suppliers,” Working Paper, 2010, http://ssrn.com/abstract=1616949.
- X. X. Hu, H. Gurnani, and L. Wang, “Managing risk of supply disruptions: Incentives for capacity restoration,” Production and Operations Management, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 137–150, 2013.
- Z. Yang, G. Aydin, V. Babich, and D. R. Beil, “Supply disruptions, asymmetric information, and a backup production option,” Management Science, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 192–209, 2009.
- E. Bendoly, R. Croson, P. Goncalves, and K. Schultz, “Bodies of knowledge for research in behavioral operations,” Production and Operations Management, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 434–452, 2010.
- D. Y. Wu and K. Y. Chen, “Supply chain contract design: impact of bounded rationality and individual heterogeneity,” Production and Operation Management, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 253–268, 2014.
- U. Malmendier and G. Tate, “CEO overconfidence and corporate investment,” The Journal of Finance, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 2661–2700, 2005.
- S. Rafaeli and G. Ravid, “Information sharing as enabler for the virtual team: an experimental approach to assessing the role of electronic mail in disintermediation,” Information Systems Journal, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 191–206, 2003.
- F. de Vericourt, K. Jain, J. N. Bearden, et al., “Sex, risk and the newsvendor,” Journal of Operations Management, vol. 31, pp. 86–92, 2013.
- Y. F. Ren and R. Croson, “Overconfidence in newsvendor orders: an experimental study,” Management Science, vol. 59, no. 11, pp. 2502–2517, 2013.
- L. V. Synder, Z. Atan, P. Peng, Y. Rong, and A. J. Schmitt, “OR/MS Models for supply chain disruptions: a review,” Working Paper, 2012, http://ssrn.com/abstract=1689882.
- R. Croson, D. Croson, and Y. Ren, “How to manage an overconfident newsvendor,” Working Paper, University of Texas at Dallas, 2008.
- O. Tang and R. W. Grubbström, “On using higher-order moments for stochastic inventory systems,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 104, no. 2, pp. 454–461, 2006.