- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 578280, 6 pages
Optimal Order Strategy in Uncertain Demands with Free Shipping Option
1School of Management, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250100, China
2School of Mathematics, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250100, China
Received 10 March 2014; Accepted 8 May 2014; Published 25 May 2014
Academic Editor: Xiang Li
Copyright © 2014 Qing-Chun Meng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Lewis, V. Singh, and S. Fay, “An empirical study of the impact of nonlinear shipping and handling fees on purchase incidence and expenditure decisions,” Marketing Science, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 51–64, 2006.
- M. Leng and M. Parlar, “Free shipping and purchasing decisions in B2B transactions: a game-theoretic analysis,” IIE Transactions, vol. 37, no. 12, pp. 1119–1128, 2005.
- M. Leng and R. Becerril-Arreola, “Joint pricing and contingent free-shipping decisions in B2C transactions,” Production and Operations Management, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 390–405, 2010.
- Y. Yang, S. Essegaier, and D. R. Bell, “Free shipping and repeat buying on the internet: theory and evidence,” Manuscript, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 2005.
- B. Zhou, M. N. Katehakis, and Y. Zhao, “Managing stochastic inventory systems with free shipping option,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 196, no. 1, pp. 186–197, 2009.
- P. L. Abad and V. Aggarwal, “Incorporating transport cost in the lot size and pricing decisions with downward sloping demand,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 95, no. 3, pp. 297–305, 2005.
- G.-W. Hua, J. Li, X. Tian, and F. M. Yang, “Optimal order strategy with free shipping option,” System Engineering Theory and Practice, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 506–512, 2010 (Chinese).
- A. Shapiro and A. Nemirovski, “On complexity of stochastic programming problems,” in Continuous Optimization, pp. 111–146, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- X. Chen, M. Sim, and P. Sun, “A robust optimization perspective on stochastic programming,” Operations Research, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 1058–1071, 2007.
- X. Chen, M. Sim, P. Sun, and J. Zhang, “A linear decision-based approximation approach to stochastic programming,” Operations Research, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 344–357, 2008.
- X. Chen and J. Zhang, “A stochastic programming duality approach to inventory centralization games,” Operations Research, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 840–851, 2009.
- R. T. Rockafellar and R. J.-B. Wets, “Stochastic convex programming: relatively complete recourse and induced feasibility,” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 574–589, 1976.