- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 519031, 15 pages
A Systems Biology Approach to Uncovering Pharmacological Synergy in Herbal Medicines with Applications to Cardiovascular Disease
1Center of Bioinformatics, College of Life Science, Northwest A&F University, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, China
2School of Chemical Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, Liaoning 116024, China
3Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100700, China
4Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Resource Discovery, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116023, China
Received 19 August 2012; Accepted 10 October 2012
Academic Editor: Kashmira Nanji
Copyright © 2012 Xia Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yan Li, Chunxiao Han, Jinghui Wang, Wei Xiao, Zhenzhong Wang, Jingxiao Zhang, Yinfeng Yang, Shuwei Zhang, and Chunzhi Ai, “Investigation into the Mechanism of Eucommia ulmoides Oliv. Based on A Systems Pharmacology Approach,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2013.
- Bo Zhang, Xu Wang, and Shao Li, “An Integrative Platform of TCM Network Pharmacology and Its Application on a Herbal Formula, Qing-Luo-Yin,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Gui-biao Zhang, Qing-ya Li, Qi-long Chen, and Shi-bing Su, “Network Pharmacology: A New Approach for Chinese Herbal Medicine Research,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Ming Yang, Jia-Lei Chen, Li-Wen Xu, and Guang Ji, “Navigating Traditional Chinese Medicine Network Pharmacology and Computational Tools,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–23, 2013.
- Chao Huang, Chunli Zheng, Yan Li, Yonghua Wang, Aiping Lu, and Ling Yang, “Systems pharmacology in drug discovery and therapeutic insight for herbal medicines,” Briefings in Bioinformatics, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 710–733, 2014.
- Pei-Pei Wang, Du-Juan Xu, Can Huang, Wei-Ping Wang, and Wen-Ke Xu, “Astragaloside IV reduces the expression level of P-glycoprotein in multidrug resistant human hepatic cancer cell lines,” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 2131–2137, 2014.
- Chunli Zheng, Jinan Wang, Jianling Liu, Mengjie Pei, Chao Huang, and Yonghua Wang, “System-level multi-target drug discovery from natural products with applications to cardiovascular diseases,” Molecular Diversity, 2014.
- Bohui Li, Weiyang Tao, Chunli Zheng, Piar Ali Shar, Chao Huang, Yingxue Fu, and Yonghua Wang, “Systems pharmacology-based approach for dissecting the addition and subtraction theory of traditional Chinese Medicines: An example using Xiao-Chaihu-decoction and da-Chaihu-decoction,” Computers in Biology and Medicine, 2014.
- Asfar S. Azmi, and Ramzi M. Mohammad, “Rectifying cancer drug discovery through network pharmacology,” Future Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 529–539, 2014.
- Jinlong Ru, Peng Li, Jinan Wang, Wei Zhou, Bohui Li, Chao Huang, Pidong Li, Zihu Guo, Weiyang Tao, Yinfeng Yang, Xue Xu, Yan Li, Yonghua Wang, and Ling Yang, “TCMSP: a database of systems pharmacology for drug discovery from herbal medicines,” Journal of Cheminformatics, vol. 6, 2014.
- Susan J. Burke, Michael D. Karlstad, Caroline P. Conley, Danielle Reel, Jay Whelan, and J. Jason Collier, “Dietary Polyherbal Supplementation Decreases CD3+ Cell Infiltration into Pancreatic Islets and Prevents Hyperglycemia in Non-obese Diabetic Mice,” Nutrition Research, 2014.
- Haixing Yang, Wenjuan Zhang, Chao Huang, Wei Zhou, Yao Yao, Zhenzhong Wang, Yan Li, Wei Xiao, and Yonghua Wang, “A novel systems pharmacology model for herbal medicine injection: a case using reduning injection,” Bmc Complementary And Alternative Medicine, vol. 14, 2014.
- Peng Li, Jianxin Chen, Jinan Wang, Wei Zhou, Xia Wang, Bohui Li, Weiyang Tao, Wei Wang, Yonghua Wang, and Ling Yang, “Systems pharmacology strategies for drug discovery and combination with applications to cardiovascular diseases,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 151, no. 1, pp. 93–107, 2014.
- Iris R. Bell, Barbara Sarter, Leanna J. Standish, Prasanta Banerji, and Pratip Banerji, “Low Doses of Traditional Nanophytomedicines for Clinical Treatment: Manufacturing Processes and Nonlinear Response Patterns,” Journal Of Nanoscience And Nanotechnology, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 4021–4038, 2015.
- Yingying Guo, Yan Ding, Feifei Xu, Baoyue Liu, Zinong Kou, Wei Xiao, and Jingbo Zhu, “Systems pharmacology-based drug discovery for marine resources: An example using sea cucumber (Holothurians),” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 165, pp. 61–72, 2015.
- Jianling Liu, Ke Sun, Chunli Zheng, Xuetong Chen, Wenjuan Zhang, Zhengzhong Wang, Piar Ali Shar, Wei Xiao, and Yonghua Wang, “Pathway as a Pharmacological Target for Herbal Medicines: An Investigation from Reduning Injection,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 4, 2015.