- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 283127, 7 pages
On Some Intermediate Mean Values
Mathematical Institute SANU, Kneza Mihaila 36, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Received 25 June 2012; Revised 9 December 2012; Accepted 16 December 2012
Academic Editor: Mowaffaq Hajja
Copyright © 2013 Slavko Simic. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. B. Stolarsky, “Generalizations of the logarithmic mean,” Mathematics Magazine, vol. 48, pp. 87–92, 1975.
- B. C. Carlson, “The logarithmic mean,” The American Mathematical Monthly, vol. 79, pp. 615–618, 1972.
- T. P. Lin, “The power mean and the logarithmic mean,” The American Mathematical Monthly, vol. 81, pp. 879–883, 1974.
- P. A. Hästö, “Optimal inequalities between Seiffert's mean and power means,” Mathematical Inequalities & Applications, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 47–53, 2004.
- Z.-H. Yang, “Sharp bounds for the second Seiert mean in terms of power mean,” http://arxiv.org/abs/1206.5494.
- G. H. Hardy, J. E. Littlewood, and G. Pölya, Inequalities, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1978.
- S. Simic, “On logarithmic convexity for differences of power means,” Journal of Inequalities and Applications, vol. 2007, Article ID 37359, 8 pages, 2007.