- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 792357, 5 pages
RF Magnetron Sputtering Aluminum Oxide Film for Surface Passivation on Crystalline Silicon Wafers
Institute for Solar Energy Systems, School of Engineering, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou Higher Education Mega Center, Guangzhou 510006, China
Received 30 October 2012; Revised 18 December 2012; Accepted 26 December 2012
Academic Editor: Ho Chang
Copyright © 2013 Siming Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. T. Liang, “Technology of Semiconductor Device Surface Passivation,” 1979.
- G. Agostinelli, A. Delabie, P. Vitanov et al., “Very low surface recombination velocities on p-type silicon wafers passivated with a dielectric with fixed negative charge,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 90, no. 18-19, pp. 3438–3443, 2006.
- B. Hoex, J. J. H. Gielis, M. C. M. van de Sanden, and W. M. M. Kessels, “On the c-Si surface passivation mechanism by the negative-charge-dielectric Al2O3,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 104, Article ID 113703, 7 pages, 2008.
- J. Schmidt, A. Merkle, R. Brendel, B. Hoex, M. C. M. van de Sanden, and W. M. M. Kessels, “Surface passivation of high-efficiency silicon solar cells by atomic-layer-deposited Al2O3,” Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 461–466, 2008.
- G. Dingemans, N. M. Terlinden, M. A. Verheijen, M. C. M. van de Sanden, and W. M. M. Kessels, “Controlling the fixed charge and passivation properties of Si(100)/Al2O3 interfaces using ultrathin SiO2 interlayers synthesized by atomic layer deposition,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 110, Article ID 093715, 6 pages, 2011.
- S. Miyajima, J. Irikawa, A. Yamada, and M. Konagai, “Hydrogenated aluminium oxide films deposited by plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition for passivation of p-type crystalline silicon,” in Proceedings of the 23rd European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, pp. 1029–1032, Valencia, Spain, September 2008.
- T. T. Li and A. Cuevas, “Effective surface passivation of crystalline silicon by rf sputtered aluminum oxide,” Physica Status Solidi RRL, vol. 3, p. 16, 2009.
- G. Dingemans and W. M. M. Kessels, “Recent progress in the development and understanding of silicon surface passivation by aluminum oxide for photovoltaics,” in Proceedings of the 25th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, pp. 1083–1090, Valencia, Spain, September 2010.
- T. T. Li, S. Ruffell, M. Tucci, et al., “Influence of oxygen on the sputtering of aluminum oxide for the surface passivation of crystalline silicon,” Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 69–72, 2011.
- T. T. Li and A. Cuevas, “Role of hydrogen in the surface passivation of crystalline silicon by sputtered aluminum oxide,” Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, vol. 19, pp. 320–325, 2011.
- J. Benick, B. Hoex, M. C. M. van de Sanden, W. M. M. Kessels, O. Schultz, and S. W. Glunz, “High efficiency n-type Si solar cells on Al2O3-passivated boron emitters,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 92, Article ID 253504, 3 pages, 2008.
- A. Cuevas, A. Li, F. Roozeboom, et al., Photovoltaics International, 10th edition, 2010.
- F. Werner, W. Stals, R. Görtzen, B. Veith, R. Brendel, and J. Schmidt, “High-rate atomic layer deposition of Al2O3 for the surface passivation of Si solar cells,” Energy Procedia, vol. 8, pp. 301–306, 2010.