- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Photoenergy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 829463, 6 pages
Silver Nanoparticle-Doped Titanium Oxide Thin Films for Intermediate Layers in Organic Tandem Solar Cell
Center for Nanotechnology and Molecular Materials, Department of Physics, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC 27109, USA
Received 25 September 2012; Accepted 31 December 2012
Academic Editor: K. N. Narayanan Unni
Copyright © 2013 Wanyi Nie et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Liang, Z. Xu, J. Xia et al., “For the bright future-bulk heterojunction polymer solar cells with power conversion efficiency of 7.4%,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 20, pp. E135–E138, 2010.
- Z. He, C. Zhong, X. Huang, et al., “Simultaneous enhancement of open-circuit voltage, short-circuit current density, and fill factor in polymer solar cells,” Advanced Materials, vol. 23, no. 40, pp. 4636–4643, 2011.
- T. Y. Chu, J. Lu, S. Beaupré et al., “Bulk heterojunction solar cells using thieno[3,4-c]pyrrole-4,6-dione and dithieno[3,2- b:2′,3′-d]silole copolymer with a power conversion efficiency of 7.3%,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 133, no. 12, pp. 4250–4253, 2011.
- H. J. Son, W. Wang, T. Xu et al., “Synthesis of fluorinated polythienothiophene-co-benzodithiophenes and effect of fluorination on the photovoltaic properties,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 133, no. 6, pp. 1885–1894, 2011.
- C. Piliego, T. W. Holcombe, J. D. Douglas, C. H. Woo, P. M. Beaujuge, and J. M. J. Fréchet, “Synthetic control of structural order in N-alkylthieno[3,4-c]pyrrole-4,6-dione-based polymers for efficient solar cells,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 132, no. 22, pp. 7595–7597, 2010.
- G. J. Zhao, Y. J. He, and Y. Li, “6.5% efficiency of polymer solar cells based on poly(3-hexylthiophene) and indene-C60 bisadduct by device optimization,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 39, pp. 4355–4358, 2010.
- P. Schlinsky, C. Waldauf, and C. J. Brabec, “Recombination and loss analysis in polythiophene based bulk heterojunction photodetectors,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 81, no. 20, p. 3885, 2002.
- H. Hoppe and N. S. Sariciftci, “Organic solar cells: an overview,” Journal of Materials Research, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 1924–1945, 2004.
- S. Gunes, H. Neugebauer, and N. Serdar Sariciftci, “Conjugated polymer-based organic solar cells,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 107, pp. 1324–1338, 2007.
- T. Ameri, G. Dennler, C. Lungenschmied, and C. J. Brabec, “Organic tandem solar cells: a review,” Energy and Environmental Science, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 347–363, 2009.
- A. Yakimov and S. R. Forrest, “High photovoltage multiple-heterojunction organic solar cells incorporating interfacial metallic nanoclusters,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 80, no. 9, p. 1667, 2002.
- M. Hiramoto, M. Suezaki, and M. Yokoyama, “Effect of thin gold interstitial-layer on the photovoltaic properties of tandem organic solar cell,” Chemistry Letters, vol. 19, pp. 327–330, 1990.
- D. W. Zhao, X. W. Sun, C. Y. Jiang, A. K. K. Kyaw, G. Q. Lo, and D. L. Kwong, “Efficient tandem organic solar cells with an Al/MoO3 intermediate layer,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, Article ID 083305, 2009.
- J. Sakai, K. Kawano, T. Yamanari et al., “Efficient organic photovoltaic tandem cells with novel transparent conductive oxide interlayer and poly (3-hexylthiophene): fullerene active layers,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 376–380, 2010.
- J. Y. Kim, K. Lee, N. E. Coates et al., “Efficient tandem polymer solar cells fabricated by all-solution processing,” Science, vol. 317, no. 5835, pp. 222–225, 2007.
- J. Gilot, M. M. Wienk, and R. A. J. Janssen, “Double and triple junction polymer solar cells processed from solution,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 14, Article ID 143512, 2007.
- S. Sista, M. H. Park, Z. Hong et al., “Highly efficient tandem polymer photovoltaic cells,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 380–383, 2010.
- W. Chung, H. Lee, W. Lee et al., “Solution processed polymer tandem cell utilizing organic layer coated nano-crystalline TiO2 as interlayer,” Organic Electronics, vol. 11, pp. 521–528, 2010.
- F. Verbakel, S. C. J. Meskers, and R. A. J. Janssen, “Electronic memory effects in diodes from a zinc oxide nanoparticle-polystyrene hybrid material,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 10, Article ID 102103, 2006.
- A. K. Pandey, J. M. Nunzi, H. Wang et al., “Reverse biased annealing: effective post treatment tool for polymer/nano-composite solar cells,” Organic Electronics, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 396–400, 2007.
- A. Zaleska, “Doped-TiO2: a review,” Recent Patents on Engineering, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 157–164, 2008.
- M. K. Seery, R. George, P. Floris, and S. C. Pillai, “Silver doped titanium dioxide nanomaterials for enhanced visible light photocatalysis,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 189, no. 2-3, pp. 258–263, 2007.
- F. Liu and J. M. Nunzi, “Air stable hybrid inverted tandem solar cell design,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 99, no. 6, Article ID 063301, 2011.
- P. V. Kamat, I. Bedja, and S. Hotchandanit, “Photoinduced charge transfer between carbon and semiconductor clusters. One-electron reduction of C60 in colloidal TiO2 semiconductor suspensions,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 98, pp. 9137–9142, 1994.
- A. Zaban, S. Ferrere, J. Sprague, and B. A. Gregg, “pH-dependent redox potential induced in a sensitizing dye by adsorption onto TiO2,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 55–57, 1997.
- B. E. Yoldas, “Hydrolysis of titanium alkoxide and effects of hydrolytic polycondensation parameters,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 1087–1092, 1986.
- Z. Zhang, C. C. Wang, R. Zakaria, and J. Y. Ying, “Role of particle size in nanocrystalline TiOi-based photocatalysts,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 102, no. 52, pp. 10871–10878, 1998.
- H. Sakai, H. Kawahara, M. Shimazaki, and M. Abe, “Preparation of ultrafine titanium dioxide particles using hydrolysis and condensation reactions in the inner aqueous phase of reversed micelles: effect of alcohol addition,” Langmuir, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 2208–2211, 1998.
- J. Y. Kim, S. H. Kim, H. H. Lee et al., “New architecture for high-efficiency polymer photovoltaic cells using solution-based titanium oxide as an optical spacer,” Advanced Materials, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 572–576, 2006.
- Y. Yuan, J. Huang, and G. Li, “Intermediate layers in tandem organic solar cells,” Green, vol. 1, pp. 65–80, 2011.