- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Polymer Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 974204, 8 pages
Polymerization of Phenylacetylene-Based Monodendrons with Alkoxy Peripheral Groups and Oxygen/Nitrogen Permeation Behavior of Their Membranes
1Center for Transdisciplinary Research, Niigata University, Ikarashi 2-8050, Niigata 950-2181, Japan
2Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University, Ikarashi 2-8050, Niigata 950-2181, Japan
3Graduate School of Science and Technology, Niigata University, Ikarashi 2-8050, Niigata 950-2181, Japan
4Venture Business Laboratory, Niigata University, Ikarashi 2-8050, Niigata 950-2181, Japan
Received 11 August 2011; Accepted 28 November 2011
Academic Editor: Eri Yoshida
Copyright © 2012 Takashi Kaneko et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Inoue, “Functional dendrimers, hyperbranched and star polymers,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 453–571, 2000.
- D. A. Tomalia and J. M. J. Fréchet, “Discovery of dendrimers and dendritic polymers: a brief historical perspective,” Journal of Polymer Science Part A, vol. 40, no. 16, pp. 2719–2728, 2002.
- J. M. J. Fréchet, “Dendrimers and other dendritic macromolecules: from building blocks to functional assemblies in nanoscience and nanotechnology,” Journal of Polymer Science Part A, vol. 41, no. 23, pp. 3713–3725, 2003.
- T. Aoki and T. Kaneko, “New macromolecular architectures for permselective membranes—gas permselective membranes from dendrimers and enantioselectively permeable membranes from one-handed helical polymers,” Polymer Journal, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 717–735, 2005.
- T. Kaneko, T. Horie, M. Asano, T. Aoki, and E. Oikawa, “Polydendron: polymerization of dendritic phenylacetylene monomers,” Macromolecules, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 3118–3121, 1997.
- T. Kaneko, K. Yamamoto, M. Asano, M. Teraguchi, and T. Aoki, “Synthesis of poly(phenylacetylene)-based polydendrons consisting of a phenyleneethynylene repeating unit, and oxygen/nitrogen permeation behavior of their membranes,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 278, no. 1-2, pp. 365–372, 2006.
- T. Kaneko, M. Asano, K. Yamamoto, and T. Aoki, “Polymerization of phenylacetylene-based monodendrons and structure of the corresponding polydendrons,” Polymer Journal, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 879–890, 2001.
- G. Chen, W. Shan, Y. Wu, L. Ren, J. Dong, and Z. Ji, “Synthesis and anti-inflammatory activity of resveratrol analogs,” Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 53, no. 12, pp. 1587–1590, 2005.
- K. Sivanandan, S. V. Aathimanikandan, C. G. Arges, C. J. Bardeen, and S. Thayumanavan, “Probing every layer in dendrons,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 127, no. 7, pp. 2020–2021, 2005.
- J. F. Eckert, J. F. Nicoud, J. F. Nierengarten et al., “Fullerene-oligophenylenevinylene hybrids: synthesis, electronic properties, and incorporation in photovoltaic devices,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 122, no. 31, pp. 7467–7479, 2000.
- O. Haba, K. Haga, M. Ueda, O. Morikawa, and H. Konishi, “A new photoresist based on calixresorcinarene dendrimer,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 427–432, 1999.
- S. Gandon, P. Mison, M. Bartholin et al., “Thermal polymerization of arylacetylenes: 1. Study of a monofunctional model compound,” Polymer, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 1439–1447, 1997.
- T. Aoki, H. Nakahara, Y. Hayakawa, M. Kokai, and E. Oikawa, “Trimethylsilyl-group containing polyphenylacetylenes for oxygen and ethanol permselective membranes,” Journal of Polymer Science Part A, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 849–858, 1994.
- M. Tabata, W. Yang, and K. Yokota, “Polymerization of m-chlorophenylacetylene initiated by [Rh(norbornadiene)CI],” Polymer Journal, vol. 22, no. 12, pp. 1105–1107, 1990.
- M. Tabata, W. Yang, and K. Yokota, “H-NMR and UV studies of Rh complexes as a stereoregular polymerization catalysts for phenylacetylenes: effects of ligands and solvents on its catalyst activity,” Journal of Polymer Science Part A, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1113–1120, 1994.
- Y. Kishimoto, P. Eckerle, T. Miyatake et al., “Well-controlled polymerization of phenylacetylenes with organorhodium(I) complexes: mechanism and structure of the polyenes,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 121, no. 51, pp. 12035–12044, 1999.
- Y. Misumi and T. Masuda, “Living polymerization of phenylacetylene by novel rhodium catalysts. Quantitative initiation and introduction of functional groups at the initiating chain end,” Macromolecules, vol. 31, no. 21, pp. 7572–7573, 1998.
- Y. Misumi, K. Kanki, M. Miyake, and T. Masuda, “Living polymerization of phenylacetylene by rhodium-based ternary catalysts, (diene)Rh(I) complex/vinyllithium/phosphorus ligand. Effects of catalyst components,” Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, vol. 201, no. 17, pp. 2239–2244, 2000.
- M. Miyake, Y. Misumi, and T. Masuda, “Living polymerization of phenylacetylene by isolated rhodium complexes,” Macromolecules, vol. 33, no. 18, pp. 6636–6639, 2000.
- T. Masuda and T. Higashimura, “Polyacetylenes with substituents: their synthesis and properties,” Advances in Polymer Science, vol. 81, pp. 121–165, 1986.
- J. Kunzler and V. Percec, “Living polymerization of aryl substituted acetylenes by MoCl,” Journal of Polymer Science Part A, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 1221–1236, 1990.
- H. Nishide, T. Kaneko, R. Gotoh, and E. Tsuchida, “Polyacetylene derivatives with chain-sided phenoxy and galvinoxyl radicals,” Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, vol. 233, pp. 89–96, 1993.
- Y. Miura, M. Matsumoto, and Y. Ushitani, “Synthesis of poly(ethynylbenzene) with pendant nitroxide radicals by rhodium-catalyzed polymerization of ethynylphenyl nitroxide,” Macromolecules, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 2628–2630, 1993.
- R. R. Schrock, S. Luo, J. C. Lee, N. C. Zanetti, and W. M. Davis, “Living polymerization of (o-(trimethylsilyl)phenyl)acetylene by molybdenum imido alkylidene complexes,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 118, no. 16, pp. 3883–3895, 1996.
- M. Tabata, H. Takamura, K. Yokota et al., “Pressure-induced cis to trans isomerization of poly(o-methoxyphenylacetylene) polymerized by Rh complex catalyst. A ramam, X-ray, and ESR study,” Macromolecules, vol. 27, no. 21, pp. 6234–6236, 1994.