- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 628503, 12 pages
Some Properties of Motion Equations Describing the Nonlinear Dynamical Response of a Multibody System with Flexible Elements
Department of Automotives and Mechanical Engineering, Transilvania University of Brasov, 29 Eroilor Boulevard, 500036 Brasov, Romania
Received 26 August 2012; Accepted 10 November 2012
Academic Editor: Nicolae Herisanu
Copyright © 2012 Maria Luminiţa Scutaru and Sorin Vlase. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Vlase, “Dynamical response of a multibody system with flexible elements with a general three-dimensional motion,” Romanian Journal of Physics, vol. 57, pp. 3676–4693, 2012 (Romanian).
- C. Bagci, “Elastodynamic response of mechanical systems using matrix exponential mode uncoupling and incremental forcing techniques with finite element method,” in Proceedings of the 6th Word Congress on Theory of Machines and Mechanisms, p. 472, New Delhi, India, December 1983.
- B. M. Bahgat and K. D. Willmert, “Finite element vibrational analysis of planar mechanisms,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 47–71, 1976.
- W. L. Cleghorn, R. G. Fenton, and B. Tabarrok, “Finite element analysis of high-speed flexible mechanisms,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 407–424, 1981.
- A. G. Erdman, G. N. Sandor, and A. Oakberg, “A general method for kineto-elastodynamic analysis and synthesis of mechanisms,” ASME Journal of Engineering for Industry, vol. 94, no. 4, p. 1193, 1972.
- P. K. Nath and A. Ghosh, “Kineto-elastodynamic analysis of mechanisms by finite element method,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 179–197, 1980.
- S. Vlase, “A method of eliminating lagrangean multipliers from the equations of motion of interconnected mechanical systems,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 235–237, 1987.
- S. Vlase, “Elimination of lagrangian multipliers,” Mechanics Research Communications, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 17–22, 1987.
- S. Vlase, “Finite element analysis of the planar mechanisms: numerical aspects,” in Applied Mechanics, vol. 4, pp. 90–100, Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- P. Fanghella, C. Galletti, and G. Torre, “An explicit independent-coordinate formulation for the equations of motion of flexible multibody systems,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 417–437, 2003.
- J. Mayo and J. Domínguez, “Geometrically non-linear formulation of flexible multibody systems in terms of beam elements: geometric stiffness,” Computers and Structures, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 1039–1050, 1996.
- X. Zhang and A. G. Erdman, “Dynamic responses of flexible linkage mechanisms with viscoelastic constrained layer damping treatment,” Computers and Structures, vol. 79, no. 13, pp. 1265–1274, 2001.
- W. Hou and X. Zhang, “Dynamic analysis of flexible linkage mechanisms under uniform temperature change,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 319, no. 1-2, pp. 570–592, 2009.
- G. Piras, W. L. Cleghorn, and J. K. Mills, “Dynamic finite-element analysis of a planar high-speed, high-precision parallel manipulator with flexible links,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 849–862, 2005.
- Y. M. Shi, Z. F. Li, H. X. Hua, Z. F. Fu, and T. X. Liu, “The modelling and vibration control of beams with active constrained layer damping,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 245, no. 5, pp. 785–800, 2001.
- B. S. Thompson and C. K. Sung, “A survey of finite element techniques for mechanism design,” Mechanism and Machine Theory, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 351–359, 1986.
- Z. Xianmin, L. Jianwei, and S. Yunwen, “Simultaneous optimal structure and control design of flexible linkage mechanism for noise attenuation,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 299, no. 4-5, pp. 1124–1133, 2007.
- C. M. Harris and C. E. Crede, Shock and Vibration Handbook Volume 1, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1961.
- C. H. Massonet, et al., Computer Structures Calculus, Tehnică, Bucuresti, Romania, 1974.