- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 659872, 17 pages
Nonlinear Dynamics of an Electrorheological Sandwich Beam with Rotary Oscillation
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Hunan Institute of Engineering, Xiangtan 411101, China
2State Key Laboratory of Mechanical System and Vibration, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
Received 29 August 2012; Accepted 28 November 2012
Academic Editor: Vasile Marinca
Copyright © 2012 Kexiang Wei et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Chung and H. H. Yoo, “Dynamic analysis of a rotating cantilever beam by using the finite element method,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 249, no. 1, pp. 147–164, 2002.
- A. A. Al-Qaisia, “Dynamics of a rotating beam with flexible root and flexible hub,” Structural Engineering and Mechanics, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 427–444, 2008.
- S. Y. Lee, S. M. Lin, and Y. S. Lin, “Instability and vibration of a rotating Timoshenko beam with precone,” International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 114–121, 2009.
- H. Arvin and F. Bakhtiari-Nejad, “Non-linear modal analysis of a rotating beam,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 877–897, 2011.
- B. A. H. Abbas, “Dynamic stability of a rotating Timoshenko beam with a flexible root,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 108, no. 1, pp. 25–32, 1986.
- T. H. Young and T. M. Lin, “Stability of rotating pretwisted, tapered beams with randomly varying speeds,” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 120, no. 3, pp. 784–790, 1998.
- S. C. Sinha, D. B. Marghitu, and D. Boghiu, “Stability and control of a parametrically excited rotating beam,” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 120, no. 4, pp. 462–469, 1998.
- J. Chung, D. Jung, and H. H. Yoo, “Stability analysis for the flapwise motion of a cantilever beam with rotary oscillation,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 273, no. 4-5, pp. 1047–1062, 2004.
- O. Turhan and G. Bulut, “Dynamic stability of rotating blades (beams) eccentrically clamped to a shaft with fluctuating speed,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 280, no. 3–5, pp. 945–964, 2005.
- D. Younesian and E. Esmailzadeh, “Non-linear vibration of variable speed rotating viscoelastic beams,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 60, no. 1-2, pp. 193–205, 2010.
- K. Wei, G. Meng, W. Zhang, and S. Zhou, “Vibration characteristics of rotating sandwich beams filled with electrorheological fluids,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 1165–1173, 2007.
- M. V. Gandhi, B. S. Thompson, and S. B. Choi, “A new generation of innovative ultra-advanced intelligent composite materials featuring electro-rheological fluids: an experimental investigation,” Journal of Composite Materials, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 1232–1255, 1989.
- C. Y. Lee and C. C. Cheng, “Dynamic characteristics of sandwich beam with embedded electro-rheological fluid,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 60–68, 1998.
- T. Fukuda, T. Takawa, and K. Nakashima, “Optimum vibration control of CFRP sandwich beam using electro-rheological fluids and piezoceramic actuators,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 121–125, 2000.
- S. B. Choi, “Electric field-dependent vibration characteristics of a plate featuring an electrorheological fluid,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 234, no. 4, pp. 705–712, 2000.
- J. Y. Yeh, L. W. Chen, and C. C. Wang, “Dynamic stability of a sandwich beam with a constrained layer and electrorheological fluid core,” Composite Structures, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 47–54, 2004.
- Z. F. Yeh and Y. S. Shih, “Critical load, dynamic characteristics and parametric instability of electrorheological material-based adaptive beams,” Computers and Structures, vol. 83, no. 25-26, pp. 2162–2174, 2005.
- K. X. Wei, G. Meng, S. Zhou, and J. Liu, “Vibration control of variable speed/acceleration rotating beams using smart materials,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 298, no. 4-5, pp. 1150–1158, 2006.
- M. Yalcintas and J. P. Coulter, “Electrorheological material based adaptive beams subjected to various boundary conditions,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 700–717, 1995.
- M. Yalcintas and J. P. Coulter, “Electrorheological material based non-homogeneous adaptive beams,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 128–143, 1998.
- E. H. K. Fung and D. T. W. Yau, “Vibration characteristics of a rotating flexible arm with ACLD treatment,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 269, no. 1-2, pp. 165–182, 2004.
- H. Saito and K. Otomi, “Parametric response of viscoelastically supported beams,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 169–178, 1979.
- H. H. Yoo and S. H. Shin, “Vibration analysis of rotating cantilever beams,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 212, no. 5, pp. 807–808, 1998.
- H. Y. Hu, Applied Nonlinear Dynamics, Press of Aeronautical Industries, Beijing, China, 2000.
- T. H. Tan, H. P. Lee, and G. S. B. Leng, “Parametric instability of spinning pretwisted beams subjected to spin speed perturbation,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 148, no. 1-2, pp. 139–163, 1997.
- C. Y. Lin and L. W. Chen, “Dynamic stability of a rotating beam with a constrained damping layer,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 267, no. 2, pp. 209–225, 2003.
- D. L. Don, An investigation of electrorheological material adaptive structure [M.S. thesis], Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pa, USA, 1993.