- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 683830, 6 pages
Uniformly Immobilizing Gold Nanorods on a Glass Substrate
Faculty of Engineering and The Institute of Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel
Received 10 February 2012; Revised 5 April 2012; Accepted 5 April 2012
Academic Editor: Rachela Popovtzer
Copyright © 2012 Hadas Weinrib et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. El-Sayed, “Some interesting properties of metals confined in time and nanometer space of different shapes,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 257–264, 2001.
- P. K. Jain, K. S. Lee, I. H. El-Sayed, and M. A. El-Sayed, “Calculated absorption and scattering properties of gold nanoparticles of different size, shape, and composition: applications in biological imaging and biomedicine,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 14, pp. 7238–7248, 2006.
- E. E. Connor, J. Mwamuka, A. Gole, C. J. Murphy, and M. D. Wyatt, “Gold nanoparticles are taken up by human cells but do not cause acute cytotoxicity,” Small, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 325–327, 2005.
- S. Kumar, J. Aaron, and K. Sokolov, “Directional conjugation of antibodies to nanoparticles for synthesis of multiplexed optical contrast agents with both delivery and targeting moieties,” Nature Protocols, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 314–320, 2008.
- X. Luo, A. Morrin, A. J. Killard, and M. R. Smyth, “Application of nanoparticles in electrochemical sensors and biosensors,” Electroanalysis, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 319–326, 2006.
- R. Ankri, A. Meiri, S. I. Lau, M. Motiei, R. Popovtzer, and D. Fixler, “Surface plasmon resonance coupling and diffusion reflection measurements for real-time cancer detection,” Journal of Biophotonics. In press.
- X. Xu, M. Stevens, and M. B. Cortie, “In situ precipitation of gold nanoparticles onto glass for potential architectural applications,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 2259–2266, 2004.
- L. Wang, W. Mao, D. Ni, J. Di, Y. Wu, and Y. Tu, “Direct electrodeposition of gold nanoparticles onto indium/tin oxide film coated glass and its application for electrochemical biosensor,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 673–676, 2008.
- H. X. He, H. Zhang, Q. G. Li, T. Zhu, S. F. Y. Li, and Z. F. Liu, “Fabrication of designed architectures of Au nanoparticles on solid substrate with printed self-assembled monolayers as templates,” Langmuir, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 3846–3851, 2000.
- O. Seitz, M. M. Chehimi, E. Cabet-Deliry et al., “Preparation and characterisation of gold nanoparticle assemblies on silanised glass plates,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 218, no. 1–3, pp. 225–239, 2003.
- Y. Niidome, H. Takahashi, S. Urakawa, K. Nishioka, and S. Yamada, “Immobilization of gold nanorods on the glass substrate by the electrostatic interactions for localized plasmon sensing,” Chemistry Letters, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 454–455, 2004.
- N. Nath and A. Chilkoti, “Label-free biosensing by surface plasmon resonance of nanoparticles on glass: optimization of nanoparticle size,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 76, no. 18, pp. 5370–5378, 2004.
- E. J. Bjerneld, F. Svedberg, and M. Käll, “Laser induced growth and deposition of noble-metal nanoparticles for surface-enhanced Raman scattering,” Nano Letters, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 593–596, 2003.
- N. Nath and A. Chilkoti, “A colorimetric gold nanoparticle sensor to interrogate biomolecular interactions in real time on a surface,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 504–509, 2002.
- T. Okamoto, I. Yamaguchi, and T. Kobayashi, “Local plasmon sensor with gold colloid monolayers deposited upon glass substrates,” Optics Letters, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 372–374, 2000.
- J. Pérez-Juste, I. Pastoriza-Santos, L. M. Liz-Marzán, and P. Mulvaney, “Gold nanorods: synthesis, characterization and applications,” Coordination Chemistry Reviews, vol. 249, no. 17-18, pp. 1870–1901, 2005.
- X. Xu, T. H. Gibbons, and M. B. Cortie, “Spectrally-selective gold nanorod coatings for window glass,” Gold Bulletin, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 156–165, 2006.
- G. Schmid, S. Peschel, and T. Sawitowski, “Two-dimensional arrangements of gold clusters and gold colloids on various surfaces,” Zeitschrift fur Anorganische und Allgemeine Chemie, vol. 623, no. 5, pp. 719–723, 1997.
- T. Ohgi, H. Y. Sheng, and H. Nejoh, “Au particle deposition onto self-assembled monolayers of thiol and dithiol molecules,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 130-132, pp. 919–924, 1998.
- A. Doron, E. Joselevich, A. Schlittner, and I. Willner, “AFM characterization of the structure of Au-colloid monolayers and their chemical etching,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 340, no. 1, pp. 183–188, 1999.
- B. Nikoobakht and M. A. El-Sayed, “Preparation and growth mechanism of gold nanorods (NRs) using seed-mediated growth method,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 1957–1962, 2003.
- E. Hutter, S. Cha, J. F. Liu et al., “Role of substrate metal in gold nanoparticle enhanced surface plasmon resonance imaging,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 105, no. 1, pp. 8–12, 2000.
- M. D. Musick, C. D. Keating, L. A. Lyon et al., “Metal films prepared by stepwise assembly. 2. Construction and characterization of colloidal Au and Ag multilayers,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 2869–2881, 2000.
- C. N. R. Rao, G. U. Kulkarni, P. J. Thomas, and P. P. Edwards, “Metal nanoparticles and their assemblies,” Chemical Society Reviews, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 27–35, 2000.
- Z. M. Qi, I. Honma, M. Ichihara, and H. Zhou, “Layer-by-layer fabrication and characterization of gold-nanoparticle/ myoglobin nanocomposite films,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 377–386, 2006.
- Y. Wang, L. Q. Chen, Y. F. Li, X. J. Zhao, L. Peng, and C. Z. Huang, “A one-pot strategy for biomimetic synthesis and self-assembly of gold nanoparticles,” Nanotechnology, vol. 21, no. 30, Article ID 305601, 2010.
- R. Ankri, V. Peretz, M. Motiei, R. Popovtzer, and D. Fixler, “A new method for cancer detection based on diffusion reflection measurements of targeted gold nanorods,” International Journal of Nanomedicine, vol. 7, pp. 449–455, 2012.
- T. J. Collins, “ImageJ for microscopy,” BioTechniques, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 25–30, 2007.