- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 215613, 6 pages
Materials for Future Quantum Dot-Based Memories
1Institut für Festkörperphysik, Technische Universität Berlin, Hardenbergstrasse 36, 10623 Berlin, Germany
2Electric and Computer Engineering Department, King Abdul-Aziz University, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
Received 30 April 2013; Accepted 5 June 2013
Academic Editor: Yang Chai
Copyright © 2013 T. Nowozin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors,” 2009.
- R. Waser, Nanoelectronics and Information Technology, Wiley-VCH, Berlin, Germany, 2003.
- L. Geppert, “The new indelible memories—it's a three-way race in the multibillion-dollar memory sweepstakes,” IEEE Spectrum, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 48–54, 2003.
- M. Geller, A. Marent, and D. Bimberg, “Speicherzelle und Verfahren zum Speichern von Daten (Memory cell and method for storing data),” Patent EP/2097904, 2006.
- D. Bimberg, M. Grundmann, and N. N. Ledentsov, Quantum Dot Heterostructures, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 1998.
- A. Marent, T. Nowozin, M. Geller, and D. Bimberg, “The QD-flash: a quantum dot-based memory device,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 26, no. 1, Article ID 014026, 2011.
- A. Marent, T. Nowozin, J. Gelze, F. Luckert, and D. Bimberg, “Hole-based memory operation in an InAs/GaAs quantum dot heterostructure,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 95, no. 24, Article ID 242114, 2009.
- T. Müller, F. F. Schrey, G. Strasser, and K. Unterrainer, “Ultrafast intraband spectroscopy of electron capture and relaxation in InAs/GaAs quantum dots,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, no. 17, pp. 3572–3574, 2003.
- M. Geller, A. Marent, E. Stock et al., “Hole capture into self-organized InGaAs quantum dots,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 23, Article ID 232105, 2006.
- P. Blood and J. W. Orton, The Electrical Characterization of Semiconductors: Majority Carriers and Electron States, Academic Press, London, UK, 1992.
- J. Bourgoin and M. Lannoo, Point Defects in Semiconductors II: Experimental Aspects, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1983.
- T. Nowozin, L. Bonato, A. Hogner et al., “800 meV localization energy in GaSb/GaAs/Al0.3Ga0.7As quantum dots,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 102, Article ID 052115, 2013.
- D. V. Lang, “Deep-level transient spectroscopy: a new method to characterize traps in semiconductors,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 3023–3032, 1974.
- C. M. A. Kapteyn, M. Lion, R. Heitz et al., “Hole and electron emission from InAs quantum dots,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 76, no. 12, pp. 1573–1575, 2000.
- M. Geller, C. Kapteyn, L. Müller-Kirsch, R. Heitz, and D. Bimberg, “450 meV hole localization in GaSb/GaAs quantum dots,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 82, no. 16, pp. 2706–2708, 2003.
- C. M. A. Kapteyn, M. Lion, R. Heitz et al., “Many-particle effects in Ge quantum dots investigated by time-resolved capacitance spectroscopy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 77, no. 25, pp. 4169–4171, 2000.
- C. M. A. Kapteyn, F. Heinrichsdorff, O. Stier et al., “Electron escape from InAs quantum dots,” Physical Review B, vol. 60, no. 20, pp. 14265–14268, 1999.
- O. Engström, M. Malmkvist, Y. Fu, H. Ö. Olafsson, and E. Ö. Sveinbjörnsson, “Thermal emission of electrons from selected s-shell configurations in InAs/GaAs quantum dots,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 83, no. 17, pp. 3578–3580, 2003.
- O. Engström, M. Kaniewska, Y. Fu, J. Piscator, and M. Malmkvist, “Electron capture cross sections of InAs/GaAs quantum dots,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 14, pp. 2908–2910, 2004.
- M. Geller, E. Stock, C. Kapteyn, R. L. Sellin, and D. Bimberg, “Tunneling emission from self-organized In(Ga)As GaAs quantum dots observed via time-resolved capacitance measurements,” Physical Review B, vol. 73, no. 20, Article ID 205331, 2006.
- A. Marent, M. Geller, D. Bimberg et al., “Carrier storage time of milliseconds at room temperature in self-organized quantum dots,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 7, Article ID 072103, 2006.
- A. Marent, M. Geller, A. Schliwa et al., “106 years extrapolated hole storage time in GaSbAlAs quantum dots,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 91, no. 24, Article ID 242109, 2007.
- J. Hwang, A. J. Martin, J. M. Millunchick, and J. D. Phillips, “Thermal emission in type-II GaSb/GaAs quantum dots and prospects for intermediate band solar energy conversion,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 111, Article ID 074514, 2012.
- T. Nowozin, A. Marent, L. Bonato et al., “Linking structural and electronic properties of high-purity self-assembled GaSb/GaAs quantum dots,” Physical Review B, vol. 86, Article ID 035305, 2012.
- S. Anand, N. Carlsson, M.-E. Pistol, L. Samuelson, and W. Seifert, “Deep level transient spectroscopy of InP quantum dots,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 67, p. 3016, 1995.
- G. Stracke, A. Glacki, T. Nowozin et al., “Growth of In0.25Ga0.75As quantum dots on GaP utilizing a GaAs interlayer,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 101, Article ID 223110, 2012.
- D. Bimberg, A. Marent, T. Nowozin, and A. Schliwa, “Antimony-based quantum dot memories,” in Quantum Dots and Nanostructures: Synthesis, Characterization, and Modeling VIII, vol. 7947 of Proceedings of SPIE, January 2011.
- I. Vurgaftman, J. R. Meyer, and L. R. Ram-Mohan, “Band parameters for III-V compound semiconductors and their alloys,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 89, no. 11, pp. 5815–5875, 2001.
- A. D. Andreev and E. P. O'Reilly, “Theory of the electronic structure of GaN/AlN hexagonal quantum dots,” Physical Review B, vol. 62, no. 23, pp. 15851–15870, 2000.
- O. Stier, M. Grundmann, D. Bimberg et al., “Electronic and optical properties of strained quantum dots modeled by 8-band k·p theory,” Physical Review B, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 5688–5701, 1999.
- A. Schliwa, M. Winkelnkemper, and D. Bimberg, “Impact of size, shape, and composition on piezoelectric effects and electronic properties of In (Ga) AsGaAs quantum dots,” Physical Review B, vol. 76, no. 20, Article ID 205324, 2007.
- Y. Wang, P. Ruterana, H. P. Lei et al., “Investigation of the anisotropic strain relaxation in GaSb islands on GaP,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 110, no. 4, Article ID 043509, 2011.
- B. Daudin, “Polar and nonpolar GaN quantum dots,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 20, no. 47, Article ID 473201, 2008.
- G. Griffiths, K. Mohammed, S. Subbana, H. Kroemer, and J. L. Merz, “GaSb/AlSb multiquantum well structures: molecular beam epitaxial growth and narrow-well photoluminescence,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 43, no. 11, pp. 1059–1061, 1983.
- H. Kroemer, “The 6.1 Å family (InAs, GaSb, AlSb) and its heterostructures: a selective review,” Physica E, vol. 20, no. 3-4, pp. 196–203, 2004.