- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 278936, 5 pages
Anti-Icing Property of Superhydrophobic Octadecyltrichlorosilane Film and Its Ice Adhesion Strength
Science and Technology on Micro/Nano Fabrication Laboratory, Research Institute of Micro/Nano Science and Technology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
Received 23 January 2013; Accepted 30 March 2013
Academic Editor: Huijun Wu
Copyright © 2013 Liang Ge et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Y. Erbil, A. L. Demirel, Y. Avci, and O. Mert, “Transformation of a simple plastic into a superhydrophobic surface,” Science, vol. 299, no. 5611, pp. 1377–1380, 2003.
- T. Sun, L. Feng, X. Gao, and L. Jiang, “Bioinspired surfaces with special wettability,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 644–652, 2005.
- M. Ma and R. M. Hill, “Superhydrophobic surfaces,” Current Opinion in Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 193–202, 2006.
- L. Feng, Z. Yang, J. Zhai et al., “Superhydrophobicity of nanostructured carbon films in a wide range of pH values,” Angewandte Chemie International Edition, vol. 42, no. 35, pp. 4217–4220, 2003.
- M. E. McGovern, K. M. R. Kallury, and M. Thompson, “Role of solvent on the silanization of glass with octadecyltrichlorosilane,” Langmuir, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 3607–3614, 1994.
- A. Ulman, “Formation and structure of self-assembled monolayers,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 96, no. 4, pp. 1533–1554, 1996.
- K. C. Grabar, P. C. Smith, M. D. Musick et al., “Kinetic control of interparticle spacing in Au colloid-based surfaces: rational nanometer-scale architecture,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 118, no. 5, pp. 1148–1153, 1996.
- D. I. Gittins, D. Bethell, R. J. Nichols, and D. J. Schiffrin, “Redox-connected multilayers of discrete gold particles: a novel electroactive nanomaterial,” Advanced Materials, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 737–740, 1999.
- J. Wang, F. Liu, H. Chen, and D. Chen, “Superhydrophobic behavior achieved from hydrophilic surfaces,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 95, no. 8, Article ID 084104, 2009.
- L. Zhu, Y. Feng, X. Ye, and Z. Zhou, “Tuning wettability and getting superhydrophobic surface by controlling surface roughness with well-designed microstructures,” Sensors and Actuators A, vol. 130-131, pp. 595–600, 2006.
- C. Y. Kuo, H. N. Lin, H. A. Tsai, D. M. Wang, and J. Y. Lai, “Fabrication of a high hydrophobic PVDF membrane via nonsolvent induced phase separation,” Desalination, vol. 233, no. 1-3, pp. 40–47, 2008.
- X. Song, J. Zhai, Y. Wang, and L. Jiang, “Fabrication of superhydrophobic surfaces by self-assembly and their water-adhesion properties,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 109, no. 9, pp. 4048–4052, 2005.
- T. Hang, A. Hu, H. Ling, M. Li, and D. Mao, “Super-hydrophobic nickel films with micro-nano hierarchical structure prepared by electrodeposition,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 256, no. 8, pp. 2400–2404, 2010.
- L. Cao, A. K. Jones, V. K. Sikka, J. Wu, and D. Gao, “Anti-Icing superhydrophobic coatings,” Langmuir, vol. 25, no. 21, pp. 12444–12448, 2009.
- A. B. D. Cassie and S. Baxter, “Wettability of porous surfaces,” Transactions of the Faraday Society, vol. 40, pp. 546–551, 1944.
- Y. Lai, X. Gao, H. Zhuang, J. Huang, C. Lin, and L. Jiang, “Designing superhydrophobic porous nanostructures with tunable water adhesion,” Advanced Materials, vol. 21, no. 37, pp. 3723–3803, 2009.
- X. Y. Liu, “A new kinetic model for three-dimensional heterogeneous nucleation,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 111, no. 4, pp. 1628–1635, 1999.