- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 294020, 7 pages
Surfactant-Free Solvothermal Method for Synthesis of Mesoporous Nanocrystalline TiO2 Microspheres with Tailored Pore Size
College of Chemical Engineering, Shenyang University of Chemical Technology, Shenyang 110142, China
Received 24 January 2013; Accepted 9 March 2013
Academic Editor: Guo Gao
Copyright © 2013 Yajing Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. J. Zhang, S. W. Or, and Z. D. Zhang, “Hydrothermal self-assembly of hierarchical cobalt hyperbranches by a sodium tartrate-assisted route,” RSC Advances, vol. 1, no. 7, pp. 1287–1293, 2011.
- J. Y. Cho, W. H. Nam, Y. S. Lim, W.-S. Seo, H.-H. Park, and J. Y. Lee, “Bulky mesoporous TiO2 structure,” RSC Advances, vol. 2, pp. 2449–2453, 2012.
- A. Wold, “Photocatalytic properties of TiO2,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 280–283, 1993.
- D. M. Antonelli and J. Y. Ying, “Synthesis of hexagonally packed mesoporous TiO2 by a modified sol-gel method,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 34, no. 18, pp. 2014–2017, 1995.
- P. Kubiak, J. Geserick, N. Hüsing, and M. Wohlfahrt-Mehrens, “Electrochemical performance of mesoporous TiO2 anatase,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 175, no. 1, pp. 510–516, 2008.
- D. Dambournet, I. Belharouak, and K. Amine, “Tailored preparation methods of TiO2 anatase, rutile, brookite: mechanism of formation and electrochemical properties,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 1173–1179, 2010.
- F. Liu, C.-L. Liu, B. Hu, W.-P. Kong, and C.-Z. Qi, “High-temperature hydrothermal synthesis of crystalline mesoporous TiO2 with superior photo catalytic activities,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 258, no. 19, pp. 7448–7454, 2012.
- K. H. Lee and S. W. Song, “One-step hydrothermal synthesis of mesoporous anatase TiO2 microsphere and interfacial control for enhanced lithium storage performance,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 3, no. 9, pp. 3697–3703, 2011.
- Z. Bian, J. Zhu, F. Cao, Y. Huo, Y. Lu, and H. Li, “Solvothermal synthesis of well-defined TiO2 mesoporous nanotubes with enhanced photocatalytic activity,” Chemical Communications, vol. 46, no. 44, pp. 8451–8453, 2010.
- Y. Zhang, L. Wu, Q. Zeng, and J. Zhi, “An approach for controllable synthesis of different-phase titanium dioxide nanocomposites with peroxotitanium complex as precursor,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 112, no. 42, pp. 16457–16462, 2008.
- M. G. Choi, Y. G. Lee, S. W. Song, and K. M. Kim, “Lithium-ion battery anode properties of TiO2 nanotubes prepared by the hydrothermal synthesis of mixed (anatase and rutile) particles,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 55, no. 20, pp. 5975–5983, 2010.
- A. R. Armstrong, G. Armstrong, J. Canales, and P. G. Bruce, “TiO2-B nanowires,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 43, no. 17, pp. 2286–2288, 2004.
- M. Alvaro, C. Aprile, M. Benitez, E. Carbonell, and H. García, “Photocatalytic activity of structured mesoporous TiO2 materials,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 13, pp. 6661–6665, 2006.
- H. Shibata, T. Ogura, T. Mukai, T. Ohkubo, and H. Sakai, “Direct synthesis of mesoporous titania particles having a crystalline wall,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 127, no. 47, pp. 16396–16397, 2005.
- S. Li, Q. Shen, J. Zong, and H. Yang, “Synthesis of size-tunable mesoporous anatase titania spheres by a template-free method,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 882–887, 2010.
- K. Yoo, H. Choi, and D. D. Dionysiou, “Ionic liquid assisted preparation of nanostructured TiO2 particles,” Chemical Communications, vol. 10, no. 17, pp. 2000–2001, 2004.
- J. Wang, Y. Zhou, Y. Hu, R. O'hayre, and Z. Shao, “Facile synthesis of nanocrystalline TiO2 mesoporous microspheres for lithium-ion batteries,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 115, no. 5, pp. 2529–2536, 2011.
- S. K. Das, M. Patel, and A. J. Bhattacharyya, “Effect of nanostructuring and ex situ amorphous carbon coverage on the lithium storage and insertion kinetics in anatase titania,” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 2091–2099, 2010.
- Y. J. Kim, S. Y. Chai, and W. I. Lee, “Control of TiO2 structures from robust hollow microspheres to highly dispersible nanoparticles in a tetrabutylammonium hydroxide solution,” Langmuir, vol. 23, no. 19, pp. 9567–9571, 2007.
- S. Lowell, J. E. Shields, and M. A. Thomas, Characterization of Porous Solids and Powders: Surface Area, Pore Size and Density, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2004.
- G. Calleja, D. P. Serrano, R. Sanz, P. Pizarro, and A. García, “Study on the synthesis of high-surface-area mesoporous TiO2 in the presence of nonionic surfactants,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 43, no. 10, pp. 2485–2492, 2004.
- S. Sakulkhaemaruethai and T. Sreethawong, “Synthesis of mesoporous-assembled TiO2 nanocrystals by a modified urea-aided sol-gel process and their outstanding photocatalytic H2 production activity,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 6553–6559, 2011.