- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 375093, 8 pages
Synthesis of Flexible Aerogel Composites Reinforced with Electrospun Nanofibers and Microparticles for Thermal Insulation
1College of Civil Engineering, Guangzhou University, Guangzhou 510006, China
2Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Building Energy Efficiency, Guangzhou University, Guangzhou 510006, China
Received 28 December 2012; Accepted 11 April 2013
Academic Editor: Yongcheng Jin
Copyright © 2013 Huijun Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Fricke and T. Tillotson, “Aerogels: production, characterization, and applications,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 297, no. 1-2, pp. 212–223, 1997.
- A. C. Pierre, “History of aerogels,” in Aerogels Handbook, M. A. Aegerter, Ed., pp. 3–20, Springer, London, UK, 2011.
- R. Baetens, B. P. Jelle, and A. Gustavsen, “Aerogel insulation for building applications: a state-of-the-art review,” Energy and Buildings, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 761–769, 2011.
- D. M. Smith, A. Maskara, and U. Boes, “Aerogel-based thermal insulation,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 225, no. 1–3, pp. 254–259, 1998.
- J. M. Schultz, K. I. Jensen, and F. H. Kristiansen, “Super insulating aerogel glazing,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 89, no. 2-3, pp. 275–285, 2005.
- T. Woignier, J. Reynes, A. Hafidi Alaoui, I. Beurroies, and J. Phalippou, “Different kinds of structure in aerogels: relationships with the mechanical properties,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 241, no. 1, pp. 45–52, 1998.
- H. Lu, H. Luo, and N. Leventis, “Mechanical characterization of aerogels,” in Aerogel Handbook, pp. 499–535, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2011.
- N. Leventis, C. Sotiriou-Leventis, G. Zhang, and A. M. M. Rawashdeh, “Nanoengineering strong silica aerogels,” Nano Letters, vol. 2, no. 9, pp. 957–960, 2002.
- Y. Liao, H. Wu, Y. Ding, et al., “Engineering thermal and mechanical properties of flexible fiber-reinforced aerogel composites,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 445–456, 2012.
- Z. H. Zhang, J. Shen, X. Y. Ni, et al., “Preparation and characterization of hydrophobic silica aerogels doped with fibers,” Rare Metal Materials and Engineering, vol. 37, no. 2, p. 4, 2008.
- A. Karout, P. Buisson, A. Perrard, and A. C. Pierre, “Shaping and mechanical reinforcement of silica aerogel biocatalysts with ceramic fiber felts,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 163–171, 2005.
- J. Feng, C. Zhang, J. Feng, et al., “Carbon aerogel composites prepared by ambient drying and using oxidized polyacrylonitrile fibers as reinforcements,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 4796–4803, 2011.
- K. Finlay, M. D. Gawryla, and D. A. Schiraldi, “Biologically based fiber-reinforced/clay aerogel composites,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 615–619, 2008.
- J. Yang, S. Li, Y. Luo, L. Yan, and F. Wang, “Compressive properties and fracture behavior of ceramic fiber-reinforced carbon aerogel under quasi-static and dynamic loading,” Carbon, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 1542–1549, 2011.
- D. H. Reneker and A. L. Yarin, “Electrospinning jets and polymer nanofibers,” Polymer, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 2387–2425, 2008.
- D. Li, J. T. McCann, Y. Xia, and M. Marquez, “Electrospinning: a simple and versatile technique for producing ceramic nanofibers and nanotubes,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 89, no. 6, pp. 1861–1869, 2006.
- A. Greiner and J. H. Wendorff, “Electrospinning: a fascinating method for the preparation of ultrathin fibers,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 46, no. 30, pp. 5670–5703, 2007.
- D. Zhang and J. Chang, “Patterning of electrospun fibers using electroconductive templates,” Advanced Materials, vol. 19, no. 21, pp. 3664–3667, 2007.
- D. Li and Y. Xia, “Direct fabrication of composite and ceramic hollow nanofibers by electrospinning,” Nano Letters, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 933–938, 2004.
- J. T. McCann, D. Li, and Y. Xia, “Electrospinning of nanofibers with core-sheath, hollow, or porous structures,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 735–738, 2005.
- L. Li, B. Yalcin, B. N. Nguyen, et al., “Flexible nanofiber-reinforced aerogel (xerogel) synthesis, manufacture, and characterization,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 1, no. 11, pp. 2491–2501, 2009.