- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 629375, 6 pages
Effect of Copper Nanoparticles Dispersion on Catalytic Performance of Cu/SiO2 Catalyst for Hydrogenation of Dimethyl Oxalate to Ethylene Glycol
College of Chemical Engineering, Shenyang University of Chemical Technology, Shenyang 110142, China
Received 14 January 2013; Accepted 10 February 2013
Academic Editor: Guo Gao
Copyright © 2013 Yajing Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. H. Xu, Y. C. Li, Z. H. Li, and H. J. Wang, “Kinetics of the hydrogenation of diethyl oxalate to ethylene glycol,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 2371–2378, 1995.
- L. F. Chen, P. J. Guo, M. H. Qiao et al., “Cu/SiO2 catalysts prepared by the ammonia-evaporation method: texture, structure, and catalytic performance in hydrogenation of dimethyl oxalate to ethylene glycol,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 257, no. 1, pp. 172–180, 2008.
- G. Zhenghong, L. Zhongchen, H. Fei, and X. Genhui, “Combined XPS and in situ DRIRS study of mechanism of Pd-Fe/α-Al2O3 catalyzed CO coupling reaction to diethyl oxalate,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 235, no. 1-2, pp. 143–149, 2005.
- A. Yin, X. Guo, W. L. Dai, and K. Fan, “The nature of active copper species in cu-hms catalyst for hydrogenation of dimethyl oxalate to ethylene glycol: Nw insights on the synergetic effect between Cu0 and Cu+,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 113, no. 25, pp. 11003–11013, 2009.
- U. Matteoli, M. Blanchi, G. Menchi, P. Prediani, and F. Piacenti, “Homogeneous catalytic hydrogenation of dicarboxylic acid esters,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 353–362, 1984.
- U. Matteoli, G. Menchi, M. Bianchi, and F. Piacenti, “Selective reduction of dimethyl oxalate by ruthenium carbonyl carboxylates in homogeneous phase Part IV,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 257–267, 1991.
- A. Yin, X. Guo, W. Dai, and K. Fan, “High activity and selectivity of Ag/SiO2 catalyst for hydrogenation of dimethyl oxalate,” Chemical Communications, vol. 46, no. 24, pp. 4348–4350, 2010.
- M. A. Karakassides, A. Bourlinos, D. Petridis, L. Coche-Guerènte, and P. Labbè, “Synthesis and characterization of copper containing mesoporous silicas,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 403–408, 2000.
- D. J. Thomas, J. T. Wehrli, M. S. Wainwright, D. L. Trimm, and N. W. Cant, “Hydrogenolysis of diethyl oxalate over copper-based catalysts,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 101–114, 1992.
- L. He, X. Chen, J. Ma, H. He, and W. Wang, “Characterization and catalytic performance of sol-gel derived Cu/SiO2 catalysts for hydrogenolysis of diethyl oxalate to ethylene glycol,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 285–292, 2010.
- A. Yin, C. Wen, X. Guo, W. L. Dai, and K. Fan, “Influence of Ni species on the structural evolution of Cu/SiO2 catalyst for the chemoselective hydrogenation of dimethyl oxalate,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 280, no. 1, pp. 77–88, 2011.
- B. Zhang, S. G. Hui, S. H. Zhang, Y. Ji, W. Li, and D. Y. Fang, “Effect of copper loading on texture, structure and catalytic performance of Cu/SiO2 catalyst for hydrogenation of dimethyl oxalate to ethylene glycol,” Journal of Natural Gas Chemistry, vol. 21, pp. 563–570, 2012.
- Y. Y. Zhu, S. R. Wang, L. J. Zhu, X. L. Ge, X. B. Li, and Z. Y. Luo, “The influence of copper particle dispersion in Cu/SiO2 catalysts on the hydrogenation synthesis of ethylene glycol,” Catalysis Letters, vol. 135, no. 3-4, pp. 275–281, 2010.
- L. Lin, P. B. Pan, Z. F. Zhou et al., “Cu/SiO2 catalysts prepared by the Sol-Gel method for hydrogenation of dimethyl oxalate to ethylene glycol,” Chinese Journal of Catalysis, vol. 32, pp. 957–968, 2011.
- M. Zheng, T. Zhao, W. Xu, F. Li, and Y. Wang, “Preparation and characterization of Cu/SiO2 catalyst by co-gelation process,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 42, no. 19, pp. 8320–8325, 2007.
- A. Yin, X. Guo, W. L. Dai, and K. Fan, “Effect of initial precipitation temperature on the structural evolution and catalytic behavior of Cu/SiO2 catalyst in the hydrogenation of dimethyloxalate,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 412–416, 2011.
- C. Carlini, M. Di Girolamo, A. Macinai et al., “Selective synthesis of isobutanol by means of the Guerbet reaction part 2. Reaction of methanol/ethanol and methanol/ethanol/n-propanol mixtures over copper based/MeOna catalytic systems,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 200, no. 1-2, pp. 137–146, 2003.
- A. Yin, C. Wen, W. L. Dai, and K. Fan, “Surface modification of HMS material with silica sol leading to a remarkable enhanced catalytic performance of Cu/SiO2,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 13, pp. 5844–5849, 2011.
- X. M. Guo, D. S. Mao, S. Wang, G. S. Wu, and G. Z. Lu, “Combustion synthesis of CuO-ZnO-ZrO2 catalysts for the hydrogenation of carbon dioxide to methanol,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 10, pp. 1661–1664, 2009.
- J. Toyir, P. Ramírez De La Piscina, J. L. G. Fierro, and N. Homs, “Highly effective conversion of CO2 to methanol over supported and promoted copper-based catalysts: influence of support and promoter,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 207–215, 2001.
- J. Toyir, P. Ramírez de la Piscina, J. L. G. Fierro, and N. Homs, “Catalytic performance for CO2 conversion to methanol of gallium-promoted copper-based catalysts: influence of metallic precursors,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 255–266, 2001.
- F. Márquez, A. E. Palomares, F. Rey, and A. Corma, “Characterisation of the active copper species for the NOx removal on Cu/Mg/Al mixed oxides derived from hydrotalcites: an in situ XPS/XAES study,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 1675–1680, 2001.
- K. Sun, W. Lu, F. Qiu, S. Liu, and X. Xu, “Direct synthesis of DME over bifunctional catalyst: surface properties and catalytic performance,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 252, no. 2, pp. 243–249, 2003.
- N. S. McIntyre, T. E. Rummery, M. G. Cook, and D. Owen, “X-ray photoelectron spectroscopic study of the aqueous oxidation of monel-400,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 123, no. 8, pp. 1164–1170, 1976.
- M. A. Kohler, H. E. Curry-Hyde, A. E. Hughes, B. A. Sexton, and N. W. Cant, “The structure of Cu SiO2 catalysts prepared by the ion-exchange technique,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 108, no. 2, pp. 323–333, 1987.