- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 632809, 6 pages
Electrochemical Sensor for o-Nitrophenol Based on β-Cyclodextrin Functionalized Graphene Nanosheets
1Research Center for Environmental Science and Engineering, State Environmental Protection Key Laboratory of Efficient Utilization Technology of Coal Waste Resources, Institute of Resources and Environment Engineering, Shanxi University, Taiyuan 030006, China
2Institute of Chemical Ecology, Shanxi Agricultural University, Taigu 030801, China
Received 30 December 2012; Accepted 21 March 2013
Academic Editor: Yongcheng Jin
Copyright © 2013 Jinlong Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. R. Hartter, “The use and importance of nitroaromatic chemicals in the chemical industry,” in Toxicity of Nitroaromatic Compounds, D. E. Rickert, Ed., pp. 1–14, Chemical Industry Institute of Toxicology, Washington, DC, USA, 1985.
- M. J. Thompson, L. N. Ballinger, S. E. Cross, and M. S. Roberts, “High-performance liquid chromatographic determination of phenol, 4-nitrophenol, β-naphthol and a number of their glucuronide and sulphate conjugates in organ perfusate,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 677, no. 1, pp. 117–122, 1996.
- T. Galeano-Diaz, A. Guiberteau-Cabanillas, N. Mora-Diez, P. Parrilla-Vazquez, and F. Salinas-Lopez, “Rapid and sensitive determination of 4-nitrophenol, 3-methyl-4-nitrophenol, 4,6-dinitro-o-cresol, parathion-methyl, fenitrothion, and parathion-ethyl by liquid chromatography with electrochemical detection,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 4508–4513, 2000.
- A. Niazi and A. Yazdanipour, “Spectrophotometric simultaneous determination of nitrophenol isomers by orthogonal signal correction and partial least squares,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 146, no. 1-2, pp. 421–427, 2007.
- C. Nistor, A. Oubi, M. P. Marco, D. Barceló, and J. Emnéus, “Competitive flow immunoassay with fluorescence detection for determination of 4-nitrophenol,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 426, no. 2, pp. 185–195, 2001.
- X. Guo, Z. Wang, and S. Zhou, “The separation and determination of nitrophenol isomers by high-performance capillary zone electrophoresis,” Talanta, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 135–139, 2004.
- Z. Liu, J. Du, C. Qiu et al., “Electrochemical sensor for detection of p-nitrophenol based on nanoporous gold,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 1365–1368, 2009.
- A. K. M. Kafi and A. Chen, “A novel amperometric biosensor for the detection of nitrophenol,” Talanta, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 97–102, 2009.
- L. Q. Luo, X. L. Zou, Y. P. Ding, and Q. S. Wu, “Derivative voltammetric direct simultaneous determination of nitrophenol isomers at a carbon nanotube modified electrode,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 135, no. 1, pp. 61–65, 2008.
- C. Xu, J. Wang, L. Wan, J. Lin, and X. Wang, “Microwave-assisted covalent modification of graphene nanosheets with hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin and its electrochemical detection of phenolic organic pollutants,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 28, pp. 10463–10471, 2011.
- K. S. Novoselov, A. K. Geim, S. V. Morozov et al., “Electric field in atomically thin carbon films,” Science, vol. 306, no. 5696, pp. 666–669, 2004.
- A. K. Geim and K. S. Novoselov, “The rise of graphene,” Nature Materials, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 183–191, 2007.
- H. A. Becerril, J. Mao, Z. Liu, R. M. Stoltenberg, Z. Bao, and Y. Chen, “Evaluation of solution-processed reduced graphene oxide films as transparent conductors,” ACS Nano, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 463–470, 2008.
- M. J. Allen, V. C. Tung, L. Gomez et al., “Soft transfer printing of chemically converted graphene,” Advanced Materials, vol. 21, no. 20, pp. 2098–2102, 2009.
- D. Li, M. B. Muller, S. Gilje, R. B. Kaner, and G. G. Wallace, “Processable aqueous dispersions of graphene nanosheets,” Nature Nanotechnology, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 101–105, 2008.
- L. H. Tang, Y. Wang, Y. M. Li, H. B. Feng, J. Lu, and J. H. Li, “Preparation, structure, and electrochemical properties of reduced graphene sheet films,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 19, no. 17, pp. 2782–2789, 2009.
- X. Kang, J. Wang, H. Wu, I. A. Aksay, J. Liu, and Y. Lin, “Glucose oxidase-graphene-chitosan modified electrode for direct electrochemistry and glucose sensing,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 901–905, 2009.
- M. Zhou, Y. M. Zhai, and S. J. Dong, “Electrochemical sensing and biosensing platform based on chemically reduced graphene oxide,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 81, no. 14, pp. 5603–5613, 2009.
- M. V. Rekharsky and Y. Inoue, “Complexation thermodynamics of cyclodextrins,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 98, no. 5, pp. 1875–1917, 1998.
- Y. Guo, S. Guo, J. Ren, Y. Zhai, S. Dong, and E. Wang, “Cyclodextrin functionalized graphene nanosheets with high supramolecular recognition capability: synthesis and host-guest inclusion for enhanced electrochemical performance,” ACS Nano, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 4001–4010, 2010.
- W. S. Hummers and R. E. Offeman, “Preparation of graphitic oxide,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 80, no. 6, article 1339, 1958.
- C. N. R. Rao, A. K. Sood, K. S. Subrahmanyam, and A. Govindaraj, “Graphene: the new two-dimensional nanomaterial,” Angewandte Chemie—International Edition, vol. 48, no. 42, pp. 7752–7777, 2009.
- I. N. Rodriguez, M. B. Zamora, J. M. B. Salvador, J. A. M. Leyva, M. P. Hernandez-Artiga, and J. L. H. H. de Cisneros, “Voltammetric determination of 2-nitrophenol at a bentonite-modified carbon paste electrode,” Mikrochimica Acta, vol. 126, no. 1-2, pp. 87–92, 1997.