- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Nanomaterials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 937019, 6 pages
Design and Evaluation of a Three Dimensionally Ordered Macroporous Structure within a Highly Patterned Cylindrical Sn-Ni Electrode for Advanced Lithium Ion Batteries
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Urban Environmental Sciences, Tokyo Metropolitan University, 1-1 Minami-ohsawa, Hachioji, Tokyo 192-0397, Japan
Received 12 January 2013; Accepted 1 April 2013
Academic Editor: Huijun Wu
Copyright © 2013 Yongcheng Jin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Scrosati and J. Garche, “Lithium batteries: status, prospects and future,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 195, no. 9, pp. 2419–2430, 2010.
- A. S. Aricò, P. Bruce, B. Scrosati, J. M. Tarascon, and W. Van Schalkwijk, “Nanostructured materials for advanced energy conversion and storage devices,” Nature Materials, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 366–377, 2005.
- W. J. Zhang, “A review of the electrochemical performance of alloy anodes for lithium-ion batteries,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 196, no. 1, pp. 13–24, 2011.
- A. K. Shukla and T. P. Kumar, “Materials for next-generation lithium batteries,” Current Science, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 314–331, 2008.
- M. Winter, J. O. Besenhard, M. E. Spahr, and P. Novák, “Insertion electrode materials for rechargeable lithium batteries,” Advanced Materials, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 725–763, 1998.
- R. A. Huggins, “Lithium alloy negative electrodes,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 81-82, no. 1, pp. 13–19, 1999.
- M. Winter and J. O. Besenhard, “Electrochemical lithiation of tin and tin-based intermetallics and composites,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 31–50, 1999.
- D. Larcher, S. Beattie, M. Morcrette, K. Edström, J. C. Jumas, and J. M. Tarascon, “Recent findings and prospects in the field of pure metals as negative electrodes for Li-ion batteries,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 17, no. 36, pp. 3759–3772, 2007.
- M. M. Thackeray, J. T. Vaughey, A. J. Kahaian, K. D. Kepler, and R. Benedek, “Intermetallic insertion electrodes derived from NiAs-, Ni2In-, and Li2CuSn-type structures for lithium-ion batteries,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 111–115, 1999.
- H. Mukaibo, T. Sumi, T. Yokoshima, T. Momma, and T. Osaka, “Electrodeposited Sn-Ni alloy film as a high capacity anode material for lithium-ion secondary batteries,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. A218–A220, 2003.
- H. Mukaibo, T. Momma, and T. Osaka, “Changes of electro-deposited Sn-Ni alloy thin film for lithium ion battery anodes during charge discharge cycling,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 146, no. 1-2, pp. 457–463, 2005.
- N. Tamura, M. Fujimoto, M. Kamino, and S. Fujitani, “Mechanical stability of Sn-Co alloy anodes for lithium secondary batteries,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 49, no. 12, pp. 1949–1956, 2004.
- S. H. Ju, H. C. Jang, Y. C. Kang, and D. W. Kim, “Characteristics of Sn-Ni alloy powders directly prepared by spray pyrolysis,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 478, no. 1-2, pp. 177–180, 2009.
- M. Tian, W. Wang, S. Lee, Y. Lee, and R. Yang, “Enhancing Ni-Sn nanowire lithium-ion anode performance by tailoring active/inactive material interfaces,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 196, no. 23, pp. 10207–10212, 2011.
- H. R. Jung, E. J. Kim, Y. J. Park, and H. C. Shin, “Nickel-tin foam with nanostructured walls for rechargeable lithium battery,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 196, no. 11, pp. 5122–5127, 2011.
- K. Nishikawa, K. Dokko, K. Kinoshita, S. W. Woo, and K. Kanamura, “Three-dimensionally ordered macroporous Ni-Sn anode for lithium batteries,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 189, no. 1, pp. 726–729, 2009.
- S. W. Woo, N. Okada, M. Kotobuki et al., “Highly patterned cylindrical Ni-Sn alloys with 3-dimensionally ordered macroporous structure as anodes for lithium batteries,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 55, no. 27, pp. 8030–8035, 2010.
- M. Kotobuki, N. Okada, and K. Kanamura, “Design of a micro-pattern structure for a three dimensionally macroporous Sn-Ni alloy anode with high areal capacity,” Chemical Communications, vol. 47, no. 21, pp. 6144–6146, 2011.
- A. Vu, Y. Qian, and A. Stein, “Porous electrode materials for lithium-ion batteries—how to prepare them and what makes them special,” Advanced Energy Materials, vol. 2, no. 9, pp. 1056–1085, 2012.