- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Robotics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 530247, 7 pages
Intelligent Control of a Novel Hydraulic Forging Manipulator
School of Mechanical Engineering and State Key Laboratory of Mechanical Systems and Vibration, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
Received 24 May 2011; Accepted 11 October 2011
Academic Editor: Gordon R. Pennock
Copyright © 2011 J. Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Appleton, W. B. Heginbotham, and D. Law, “Open die forging with industrial robots.,” Industrial Robot, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 191–194, 1979.
- “Attaining practicality of freely programmable control of an open die forging press and forging manipulator by a computer,” Ishikawajima-Harima Engineering Review, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 599–606, 1997.
- R. A. Ridgeway, “Microprocessor utilization in hydraulic open-die forge press control,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics and Control Instrumentation, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 307–309, 1975.
- V. Vitscheff, “A programmable manipulator for closed die forging,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Drop Forging Convention, Kyoto, Japan, 1977.
- W. B. Heginbotham, A. K. Sengupta, and E. Appleton, “An ASEA robot as an open-die forging manipulator,” in Proceedings of the Second IFAC/IFIP Symposium, pp. 183–193, Stuttgart, Germany, 1979.
- A. K. Sengupta, E. Appleton, and W. B. Heginbotham, “Ring forging with an industrial robot,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Industrial Robots, pp. 29–42, Milan, Italy, 1980.
- K. W. Lilly and A. S. Melligeri, “Dynamic simulation and neural network compliance control of an intelligent forging center,” Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 81–99, 1996.
- A. S. Melligeri and K. W. Lilly, “Application of neural networks in compliance control of an integrated robot/forge processing center,” in Advances in Manufacturing Systems: Design, Modeling and Analysis, pp. 445–450, Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- M. Baldassi, “Open die forging presses with manipulators,” Forging, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 16–18, 2003.
- S. Sheikhi, “Latest developments in the field of open-die forging in Germany,” Stahl und Eisen, vol. 129, no. 4, pp. 33–39, 2009.
- W. R. Wang, K. Zhao, Z. Q. Lin, and H. Wang, “Evaluating interactions between the heavy forging process and the assisting manipulator combining FEM simulation and kinematics analysis,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 48, no. 5–8, pp. 481–491, 2010.
- C. Y. Yan, F. Gao, and Y. Zhang, “Kinematic modeling of a serial-parallel forging manipulator with application to heavy-duty manipulations,” Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 105–129, 2010.
- G. Li, W. J. Sun, and D. S. Liu, “Dynamic load analysis of forging manipulator during the whole forging stroke,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics, pp. 1616–1621, 2009.
- C. Y. Yan and F. Gao, “Dynamic stability analysis of a novel forging manipulator,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference Intelligent Robotics and Applications (ICIRA '08), pp. 449–458, Wuhan ,China, October 2008.
- D. S. Liu and G. Li, “Dynamic behavior of the forging manipulator under the press motions,” Key Engineering Materials, vol. 419-420, pp. 417–420, 2010.
- G. L. Chen, H. Wang, K. Zhao, and Z. Q. Lin, “Modular calculation of the Jacobian matrix and its application to the performance analyses of a forging robot,” Advanced Robotics, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 1261–1279, 2009.
- D. S. Liu, G. Li, X. L. Guo, Y. G. Shang, and D. H. Liu, “Performance Optimization of forging manipulator during the whole forging stroke,” in Proceedings of the International Conference Intelligent Robotics and Applications (ICIRA '10), pp. 305–316, 2010.