- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Robotics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 548042, 12 pages
Monocular Vision-Based Robot Localization and Target Tracking
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Chiao Tung University, 1001 University Road, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
Received 14 June 2011; Revised 15 October 2011; Accepted 16 October 2011
Academic Editor: Huosheng Hu
Copyright © 2011 Bing-Fei Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Cicirelli, T. D'Orazio, and A. Distante, “Target recognition by components for mobile robot navigation,” Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Artificial Intelligence, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 281–297, 2003.
- S. Sohn, B. Lee, J. Kim, and C. Kee, “Vision-based real-time target localization for single-antenna GPS-guided UAV,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 1391–1401, 2008.
- P. Pérez, J. Vermaak, and A. Blake, “Data fusion for visual tracking with particles,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 495–513, 2004.
- F. M. Mirzaei and S. I. Roumeliotis, “A Kalman filter-based algorithm for IMU-camera calibration: observability analysis and performance evaluation,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1143–1156, 2008.
- S. B. Kim, S. Y. Lee, J. H. Choi, K. H. Choi, and B. T. Jang, “A bimodal approach for GPS and IMU integration for land vehicle applications,” in Proceedings of the 58th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '03), pp. 2750–2753, October 2003.
- K. Park, H. Chung, J. Choi, and J. G. Lee, “Dead reckoning navigation for an autonomous mobile robot using a differential encoder and a gyroscope,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Advanced Robotics (ICAR '97), pp. 441–446, July 1997.
- S. Suksakulchai, S. Thongchai, D. M. Wilkes, and K. Kawamura, “Mobile robot localization using an electronic compass for corridor environment,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, pp. 3354–3359, October 2000.
- J. Schroeder, S. Galler, K. Kyamakya, and K. Jobmann, “Practical considerations of optimal three-dimensional indoor localization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Multisensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI '06), pp. 439–443, September 2006.
- S. Emura and S. Tachi, “Sensor fusion based measurement of human head motion,” in Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Workshop on Robot and Human Communication, pp. 124–129, July 1994.
- P. Grandjean and A. Robert De Saint Vincent, “3-D modeling of indoor scenes by fusion of noisy range and stereo data,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, vol. 2, pp. 681–687, May 1989.
- P. S. Maybeck, Stochastic Models Estimation and Control, vol. 1, Academic Press, 1979.
- S. Thrun, W. Burgard, and D. Fox, Probabilistic Robotics, The MIT Press, 2005.
- R. Siegwart and I. R. Nourbakhsh, Introduction to Autonomous Mobile Robots, The MIT Press, 2004.
- R. Smith, M. Self, and P. Cheeseman, “Estimating uncertain spatial relationships in robotics,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, vol. 4, p. 850, 1987.
- D. Dereniowski and M. Kubale, “Cholesky factorization of matrices in parallel and ranking of graphs,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Parallel Processing and Applied Mathematics, vol. 3019 of Lecture Notes on Computer Science, pp. 985–992, Springer, 2004.
- J. Heikkila and O. Silven, “Four-step camera calibration procedure with implicit image correction,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 1106–1112, June 1997.
- S. Se, D. Lowe, and J. Little, “Vision-based mobile robot localization and mapping using scale-invariant features,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA '01), vol. 2, pp. 2051–2058, May 2001.
- A. J. Davison, I. D. Reid, N. D. Molton, and O. Stasse, “MonoSLAM: real-time single camera SLAM,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 1052–1067, 2007.