- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Robotics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 583072, 9 pages
Development and Control of a 5-Axis Reconfigurable Machine Tool
Department of Engineering, Indiana University—Purdue University Fort Wayne, Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1499, USA
Received 13 January 2011; Revised 19 March 2011; Accepted 4 May 2011
Academic Editor: Yangmin Li
Copyright © 2011 Z. M. Bi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. M. Bi and W. J. Zhang, “Modularity technology in manufacturing: taxonomy and issues,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 381–390, 2001.
- Z. M. Bi, S. Y. T. Lang, W. M. Shen, and L. Wang, “Reconfigurable manufacturing systems: the state of the art,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 967–992, 2008.
- D. Sniegulska-Gradzka, M. Klasztorny, and M. Szefarczyk, “An approximate method for determining static and dynamic stiffness of machine tools with rolling guideways,” Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, vol. 4, no. 2, 2004.
- Y. Koren, “Will industry adopt PKMs?” Manufacturing Engineering, vol. 122, no. 3, p. 240, 1999.
- Y. Koren, U. Heisel, F. Jovane et al., “Reconfigurable manufacturing systems,” CIRP Annals, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 527–540, 1999.
- Y. Koren and A. G. Ulsoy, “Reconfigurable machine tools and reconfigurable systems,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Machine Tool Engineer's Conference (IMEC '00), pp. 180–189, Tokyo, Japan, 2000.
- Y.-M. Moon, Reconfigurable machine tool design: theory and application, Ph.D. dissertation, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA, 2000.
- R. Katz, Z. Li, and F. Pierrot, “Engineering research center for reconfigurable machining systems: conceptual design of a high-speed drilling machine (HSDM) based on PKM module,” ERC/RMS Report 37, College of Engineering, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA, 2002.
- A. V. Cooke, N. Shankar, L. Jones et al., “Advanced reconfigurable machine for flexible fabrication,” in Smart Structures and Materials: Industrial and Commercial Applications of Smart Structures Technologies, vol. 2447 of Proceedings of the SPIE, pp. 102–114, San Diego, Calif, USA, March 1995.
- R. Bostelman, A. Jacoff, F. Proctor, T. Kramer, and A. Wavering, “Cable-based reconfigurable machines for large scale manufacturing,” in Proceedings of the Japan-USA Symposium on Flexible Automation, Mich, USA, July 2000.
- I. Fassi and G. J. Wiens, “Multiaxis machining: PKMs and traditional machining centers,” Journal of Manufacturing Processes, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–14, 2000.
- Y. Zhao, F. Gao, W. Li, W. Liu, and X. Zhao, “Development of 6-dof parallel seismic simulator with novel redundant actuation,” Mechatronics, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 422–427, 2009.
- J. G. Wang, Y. Li, and X. Zhao, “Inverse kinematics and control of a 7-DOF redundant manipulator based on the closed-loop Algorithm,” International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1–9, 2010.
- Y. Yun and Y. Li, “Design and analysis of a novel 6-DOF redundant actuated parallel robot with compliant hinges for high precision positioning,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 829–845, 2010.
- J. Liu, Y. Wang, S. Ma, and Y. Li, “Enumeration of the non-isomorphic configurations for a reconfigurable modular robot with square-cubic-cell modules,” International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 58–68, 2010.
- Z. M. Bi, S. Y. T. Lang, P. E. Orban, M. Verner, and D. Zhang, “Integrated design toolbox for tripod-based parallel kinematic machines,” ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, vol. 129, no. 8, pp. 799–807, 2007.
- Z. M. Bi and S. Y. T. Lang, “Joint workspace of parallel kinematic machines,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 57–63, 2009.
- R. P. Paul, Robot Manipulators: Mathematics, Programming and Control, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1981.
- Y. Altintas and N. A. Erol, “Open architecture modular tool kit for motion and machining process control,” CIRP Annals, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 295–300, 1998.